Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Does anyone else get a boner when riding their road bike?
  • geetee1972
    Free Member

And I mean literally – and yes, I can see this thread degenerating pretty rapidly so knock yourselves out.

It doesn’t always happen, usually it’s when I’m racing (on the TT bike) or training (on the road bike) or indeed on the turbo.

My concern is that it’s indicative of pressure being released, causing a potentially embarrassing ‘semi’ post race/ride as the blood rushes back and that this could cause problems long term.

It is funny in some respects. I was chatting to one of the female competitors and her father after our club ten last week and becoming vaguely aware of the ‘growing problem’, had to retrieve my helmet off the bike to camouflage the problem.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Lol! but speak to a doctor just in case. Or maybe you just realy like riding your bike?

slimjim78
    Free Member

Wear it with pride.

And yes, occasionally.

Also used to get a lazy lob sitting on the angled back seats of a black taxi. There’s a pressure point somewhere (i’ve searched) that gives me an instant nose of gonzo.

GrahamS

That doesn’t sound healthy.

Is your saddle level?

Maybe go for one with a pressure-relief channel?

gatsby
    Free Member

I do, especially when I ride past shop windows or those gateway mirrors (less so with the gateway mirrors as I find the fish-eye effect rather unflattering).

hels
    Free Member

Er, no. But it would be a LOT more worrying if I did, given that I am a lady person.

IHN

knock yourselves out.

Sounds like it’s you that wants to be knocking one out

dannyh
    Free Member

Easy.

No road bike = no sexual dysfunction.

But we all knew that anyway, didn’t we?

onandon
    Free Member

Are you riding “nose up” 🙂

torsoinalake
    Free Member

had to retrieve my helmet off the bike to camouflage the problem

Bonus points if you placed it over your crotch then put your hands on your hips while casually carrying on the conversation.

joshvegas
    Free Member

torsoinalake – Member
    had to retrieve my helmet off the bike to camouflage the problem
    Bonus points if you placed it over your crotch then put your hands on your hips while casually carrying on the conversation.

Oh man… work laptop 🙁

LordFelchamtheIII
    Free Member

Is it the sight of all those men in Lycra?

geetee1972
    Free Member

Is it the sight of all those men in Lycra?

No. Just Dave.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

“Nose of Gonzo”

Brilliant!

globalti
    Free Member

As a randy 17 year-old I used to walk my GF home from school, wheeling the bike, snog her for a few minutes outside her door then cycle the last couple of miles home. The few minutes on a narrow 70s style saddle were always pretty uncomfortable and actually downright wobbly until the tumescence died down. Try it and you’ll see what I mean.

bruneep

Have you got your old GF details so I can try it? A recent pic may help as well.

verses

But… I thought it was mountain biking that you kept seeing Dave.

Edit: D’oh just spotted you beat me to the Dave joke…

Stevet1
    Free Member

I’m no inspector clueso but have you been on the PEDs?

geetee1972
    Free Member

I’m no inspector clueso but have you been on the PEDs?

What you mean the little blue pills?

TiRed

Need a better fitting saddle to take pressure of the perineum. Never had that problem personally, but my TT bike needs a shorter saddle than my road bike (Aliante vs. Arione) for more comfort. You could try tilting the saddle down half a degree and moving it forward. Or raise the bars.

montag
    Free Member

I saw 953 rourke with 80th anniversay Super Record and Bora Ultras the other day.

So yes, occasionally.

Stevet1
    Free Member

Need a better fitting saddle to take pressure of the perineum. Never had that problem personally, but my TT bike needs a shorter saddle than my road bike (Aliante vs. Arione) for more comfort. You could try tilting the saddle down half a degree and moving it forward. Or raise the bars.

Your assuming he wants it to stop happening.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Your assuming he wants it to stop happening.

Well that’s the point. I absolutely DON’T want it to stop happening, hence my concern!

mrhoppy

No chance, any time on the bike and mini hoppy disappears.

theotherjonv

Never was a fan of the muppets so apart from a few of them i don’t recognise them by name.

So just googled ‘Gonzo’ to understand the nose of gonzo comment.

Now have a new favourite phrase.

MoreCashThanDash

I was chatting to one of the female competitors …. and becoming vaguely aware of the ‘growing problem’

I suggest you get another lawyer if this is going to be your defence?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I wonder if Gonzo has ever been to the Mull of Kintyre.

nickc

walk about a bit?*

* hands on hips, crotch thrust forward shouting “look at my massive cock, how did that happen” is optional….

poisonspider
    Free Member

This happens to me all the time, especially on the road bike and it’s almost guaranteed if I stop for a road-side slash, I think the ‘relief’ of having a wee and it being freed from the confines of some sweaty Lycra is enough to got he old fella excited. Very embarrassing.
    I could really do with waiting a minute or two to calm down before setting off, but I’m not sure a bloke in Lycra hiding in the bushes with a lob on is such a great idea.

wombat

Perhaps it only happening on the roadie and not the MTB is something to do with only the former being fully rigid?

matt_outandabout

Lets hope these chaps dont have ’70s style saddles.

Xylene
    Free Member

Only when riding past the local university.

m1kea
    Free Member

Greg,

I’m glad I haven’t visited g10/57 this year!

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Haha, happens to me every now and again if I stop for a piss. It’s a right **** on if I’m wearing a skin suit…

stuey
    Free Member

Change saddle …

{so much internet to choose from but ‘rest nsfw 🙂 }

andyl
    Free Member

Er, no. But it would be a LOT more worrying if I did, given that I am a lady person.

Can’t post what I was going to do in relation to that! Too crude.

Also used to get a lazy lob sitting on the angled back seats of a black taxi. There’s a pressure point somewhere (i’ve searched) that gives me an instant nose of gonzo.

Used to get that on bad car seats when I was a teenager, have shift around and compose yourself for a bit before you get out.

On a more serious note I would be worried that you are doing long term damage to the blood supply. I won’t ask you to say if you have any but if you have had any other erectile problems or problems peeing I’d go see a doctor and in the mean time take a good look at your saddle shape and position, and also your position on the bike, to see if you can relieve some of the pressure on that part of your body.

I did know someone with a lycra fetish not unlike poisonspider above and he would get a raging boner whenever he came into contact with it. Slightly disturbing to say the least!

geetee1972
    Free Member

Lets hope these chaps dont have ’70s style saddles.

That picture of the Polish cycling team is not new to me. Believe it or not I got sent that in my email by a (female) colleague at work (as a result of commuting in lycra). I’m good friends with her but am holding onto it just in case we fall out.

On a more serious note

Yeah that was my concern (also numbness when on the turbo trainer for long periods) but thankfully, at this point, no other ‘problems’. But still, I think looking at the saddle is probably a good idea.

cookeaa

Is there any aero advantage to be had from getting a lob-on? Especially for TTing…

maybe try taping one of these images to the stem see if you can counter the prostate tickling with something visual:

bruneep

slimjim78
    Free Member

Giggedy-dick

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone else get a boner when riding their road bike?’ is closed to new replies.