• This topic has 49 replies, 38 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by will.
Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Does anyone else find they are starving by mid morning….??
  • grantway
    Free Member

Just burn off the Christmas binge

DrP

You are a medical doctor.
    You have access to controlled drugs.
    Like heroin.
    Have you ever seen a fat heroin addict?

I am partial to a tin or two of Strongy come mid morning. Helps me bond with the nere’do’wells I seem to attract…

Of course, the irony in the OP is that I’m as lean as Jack Spratt…Ha!
    Just wondering, that’s all….

DrP

Jamie
    Free Member

Of course, the irony in the OP is that I’m as lean as Jack Spratt…Ha!

Yeah, yeah fatty boom batty.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    DrP

Sulks away to comfort eat himself thin…. 😥

DrP

zilog6128

Used to find this before going Paleo. The answer for me was MOAR FAT at breakfast, along with the carbs and protein.

Agree with this. TBH I normally find a very large & high fat evening meal sustains me until lunchtime the next day (don’t normally bother with breakfast).

FuzzyWuzzy

That paleo diet seems a lot more varied than an actual paleo…

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

Used to find this before going Paleo. The answer for me was MOAR FAT at breakfast, along with the carbs and protein.

The other thing is that you might not actually be eating enough at meal times.

Example breakfasts that stop me from snacking:

scrambled eggs, palm sized portion of smoked salmon or bacon, 1/2 avocado

Berries topped with coconut milk/cream and toasted nuts and flax seeds with a drizzle of flax oil

Home made frittata using eggs, chopped veg, potato, some chorizo or bacon and cooked in butter or coconut oil (I make on a Sunday, lasts 4 breakfasts)

Breakfast sausage patties made with pork mince and diced veggies, usually have those with some spinach and tomatoes – I take them to work and heat them in the microwave

If you’re more a fan of sweet stuff at breakfast I also make Paleo pancakes using eggs, mashed banana and ground almonds which can be made in advance and heated in the toaster, then topped with whatever you want

I snack heaps less on Paleo, I am much, much less hungry between meals. I don’t need to count calories either and I can maintain my weight pretty well, in conjunction with regular exercise.

Your paleolithic ancestors definitely ate better than mine.

DrP

scrambled eggs, palm sized portion of smoked salmon or bacon, 1/2 avocado

Classic caveman diet.

DrP

zilog6128

That paleo diet seems a lot more varied than an actual paleo…

Yes. It’s just a name (and not a particularly apt one at that). I normally just call it the no-crap diet.

will
    Free Member

3 weetabix & 2 slices of toast at 6:30, then a further 3 weetabix at 11:30ish, just fills me till around 2.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone else find they are starving by mid morning….??’ is closed to new replies.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts