• This topic has 12 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by tang.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Does anyone disount Cannondales?
  • deejayen
    Free Member

I’m looking at the Trail SS which retails for £750. Am I likely to get it much cheaper than that, and if so, from which dealer? Would I need discount codes, or to be a member of a cycling organisation etc?

deejayen
    Free Member

Thanks very much. However, I’m interested in the 2014 model. Will these tend to stay at full RRP until the 2015 models are launched? It would be nice if I could get somewhere around a 20% discount (£600-ish instead of £750) but perhaps that’s too much to ask!

nemesis
    Free Member

IME ‘dales usually don’t discount much more than 10% off current year models unless they’re really struggling to shift them at the end of the summer.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

It would be nice if I could get somewhere around a 20% discount

Would be lovely, wouldn’t it! Never mind the need for the shop to actually make any sort of money on the sale, as long as you get your discount, eh?

Why does everyone just assume that somehow they deserve a discount for no reason at all? Baffles me.

nemesis
    Free Member

🙄 wind your neck in CFH. Go and beat up some proles or something 😉

If anywhere does offer 20% discount (end of season by the sounds of it), why shouldn’t he go for it? It’s not like he came on posting complaining that people weren’t offering 20% or claiming that they’re all driving posh Audis or whatever is STW car du jour.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Fair enough! Apart from the beating up bit….! Am clearly getting ranty due to lack of sleep! 🙂

End of season stuff maybe, but it’s the almost automatic assumption that people deserve a discount just for spending money that irks me.

nemesis
    Free Member

Ditto. I don’t think that’s what he was asking for though. Have a good snooze 😉

zilog6128

Sunset Cycles will give you 10% off (as would most dealers who are keen to make a sale I’d imagine). Doubt you’ll get any more than that at the moment unless you’re really good at haggling.

drslow
    Free Member

I ordered a Trail SS 2014 from Evans on cycle scheme, by the time i got the voucher (Feb/Mar) for £750 for some reason Evans had 10% off for that weekend only, even latest models! So I got to choose £75 of stuff from the shop, which the wife promptly spent part of it on herself. Btw its a great bike, but if your commuting you’ll need to change the rear cog as its in an uphill gear ratio. I bought a cog from Evans and they changed it at the 1 month service FOC.

deejayen
    Free Member

Thanks for the info, everyone, and apologies for upsetting the Captain! I’d picked up the impression that Cannondales were often discounted heavily, but wasn’t sure if that was mainly for discontinued models.

I didn’t think there were any Cannondale dealers near me, but discovered that the bike department in an outdoor shop sells them. I popped in on the way home tonight, and they had a couple discounted by 15% (presumably old stock). They also had one Trail SL model with gears. I had a sit on it, but it didn’t really appeal to me, although the SS model would no doubt feel different with its rigid forks etc. However, I realised I don’t have enough experience to buy a bike without trying it out.

Happily, there’s a good mountain bike shop within traveling distance of me, and they encourage you to take bikes out for extended test rides on natural trails, so I’ll be buying a bike from them, discount or no discount… Hopefully, that news will cheer up the good Captain!

tang
    Free Member

Don’t worry about CFH, he’s in the dog house for breaking his wife’s tea pot.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone disount Cannondales?’ is closed to new replies.