• This topic has 14 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by v7fmp.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Does anybody sell bikes on eBay anymore?
  • shaundryden

Had my fair share of DOPES recently after listing a bike on eBay , the types that can’t read and bid high until they win but then can’t stump up the cash.
    Whats the deal , is it the kick they get out of wasting peoples time or what ?

Does anybody else bother listing stuff these days ?

tomhoward

Yes. There has literally never been a better time to sell bikes on eBay.

I imagine that, due to limited supply, folk are bidding on lots of bikes, winning lots of auctions, then picking the one they actually want and paying for it.

Caher

I thought you had to buy if you win the bid?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    shaundryden

Thats the rules according to eBay. I did check just in case

maccruiskeen

I thought you had to buy if you win the bid?

Thats the deal. Anyone who flouts theres rules has their door knocked down by an eBay snatch squad and and are hooded and chained and extraordinary renditioned to spend the rest of their life detained without trial in some god-forsaken hellhole – probably Geocities, Lets Buy it Dot Com, Friends Reunited or Bebo.

You’re maybe having bad luck OP – I’ve sold about 90 odds and ends over the last couple of months of lock down including bike stuff and things you normally get dicked about on – like mobile phones. All went absolutely without a hitch. Maybe non of the stuff I’m selling is fashionable enough to appeal to dopes,

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

I put a bike on eBay on Saturday expecting to sell it for£800 but by Sunday morning it was at£375 with 6 people after a buy it now price and one offer of£800 . It’s now at £830 with time to get to £1000 plus .

houndlegs
    Free Member

I’ve sold 2 bikes on eBay recently, would have been happy with £300 for both of them. Ended up with £590, which made me even happier 😀

maccruiskeen

I’ve been selling stuff for prices within a few £ of what I bought them for new over a decade ago.

fubar
    Free Member

I was going to sell on Ebay but the 10% fee turned me off. I had lots of interest by advertising via Facebook Marketplace in various local / outdoor and cycling groups and sold within a few days (Still had to deal with the silly offers etc.)

damascus
    Free Member

I’ve been selling stuff for prices within a few £ of what I bought them for new over a decade ago.

I was going to sell on Ebay but the 10% fee turned me off.

The fees you get charged normally puts me off but I’ve been selling things for 3 times what I’d put them on here for.

List them with a 99p start, 7 day auction, lots of photos and a good description, if the winner backs down offer it to the next highest bidder

flicker
    Free Member

You’re not wrong, just sold my wife’s old Specialized Myka (26″ wheel, rim brakes) for £350, more than we paid for it new and the bloke drove 4 hours each way for it.

£1 max selling fees at the moment too, win win.

shaundryden

It’s the time wasted which bugs me , I now have to wait five days before a fees refund and can’t relist it again until then.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Just do a second chance offer then.

I sold my old road bike for £250, I was chancing my arm starting it at £150. If you can be bothered getting a box and making a little effort you’re offering more than 90% of sellers these days and increasing appeal immeasurably.

kerley
    Free Member

It’s the time wasted which bugs me , I now have to wait five days before a fees refund and can’t relist it again until then.

Yep, there are a lot of non payers around. They do get a non payer strike when you raise a case against them and after a few strikes they are limited but guess they just open another account.

For that reason I sell pretty much everything as Buy It Now with Payment Required Immediately ticked which removes all the hassle. I obviously have to set a price so ultimately lose a bit of money compared to running an auction but at least it is sold, paid for and out of the way.

eBay remains to be the best place to sell in my opinion simply because of the huge audience and ease of payment.

v7fmp

I don’t sell bikes as a complete, I always split them, so with regards to that, yup, sold loads.

I always wait for a £1 selling fee weekend, as the fee’s can add up, especially when taking the 4% paypal take (or whatever it is these days).

As mentioned, things seem to be selling for more than average these days, so preserve and sell sell sell!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Does anybody sell bikes on eBay anymore?’ is closed to new replies.