Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 211 total)
  • Does anybody actually believe crop circles are made by UFOs?
  • jekkyl

wonder if they have pubs on those spaceships?

Houns

Brilliant, just brilliant

Had a brief read of that Mi5 link on the first page. It really does add more weight to my theory that most human beings are flippin’ morons 😆

Houns

(I’m obviously being paid by MI5 😆 )

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Blimey, you lot are so cynical in the face of all that evidence.
    Quite clearly this:

Is just ET’s pals version of this:

It’s intergalactic tagging innit! 😀

epicyclo

I notice everyone is studiously ignoring my assertion that crop circles are caused by dancing faeries, when this is so obviously the real reason.

Is this because MI5 are diverting attention to aliens or drunks for some national security reason?

Was the BSR (Badger Seeking Radar) really invented to detect faeries? (BTW surely we can be proud of how the invention of BSR shows how Britain leads the way in the culling of native life forms)

Is the BSR a coverup for the secret military extermination of faeries?

After all there’s quite a few military types here, so how many of them have seen a faerie on Salisbury Plains for example? QED.

Cougar

Pretty sure I’ve seen a furry on Salisbury Plains. He wasn’t a badger though.

piemonster

There’s a Fairey Gannet as Errol Airfield

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Stig lives on Salisbury Plain. FACT.

nickc

Bertrand Russell said ” When possible substitute constructions out of known entities for inferences of unknown entities, mines a half, are you looking at my pint Hic”

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Some of these ETs are known to live among us.

and a big hello to any reading this thread!

which, incidentally, is shaping up nicely, and has been very amusing. please continue, all.

especially madasaboxoffrogssmith and hammyuk, your posting has filled my office bound day with mirth

samcheese
    Free Member

Approximately over 80 different species of ETs (or EBEs – extraterrestrial biological entities – as called in military circles) have been recorded as visiting earth. And that’s if it’s ETs doing it. Could be intraterrestrials i.e. entities from within the earth.

I can safely say, with no shadow of doubt and without fear of contradiction, that this and the rest of message it’s taken from, is the maddest intervention on any internet forum in the entire history of the universe.

cinnamon_girl

I fear a little pootle to Chilbolton is in order, haven’t been there for donkey’s years. My new favourite tea shop is nearby and possibly may be able to investigate this proposed bloody wind farm that’s also close by.

I do like a sense of purpose when I go pootling. 8) Makes a change from seeking out ancient and buried monuments and chatting to grey wethers.

epicyclo

6079smithw – Member
    …Could be intraterrestrials i.e. entities from within the earth…

That would be badgers faeries then…

6079smithw
    Free Member

piedi di formaggio – Member

what tyres for the reptillan illuminate?Schwalbe’s new for 2015 Lizard Liz. ‘Til then a Fat Albert and a Muddy Mary, of course.

Oh, and just one ickle request from me. Can you link to your sources please?

Try this for a start. I think an ex-cabinet minister would know more than some cycling enthusiasts.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGaWwHJ8rRs[/video]
    Clifford Stone: http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/exopolitica/esp_exopolitics_ZZC.htm
    John Lear: http://www.codemonkeyjack.com/MoiraPrefecture.com/ForteanArchive/CompleteListOfSpecies.html

piemonster – Member
    You can see the Nazca lines from local hill tops. Additionally, the drawings (scrawling) are actually pretty crap. I’d expect anything capable of interstellar travel to be better

Art is subjective innit.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I’m beginning to like this guy

piemonster

Me too, I was worried this thread was petering out.

marcus7
    Free Member

this is my fave post of the year so far, keep it going.. please 😛

marcus7
    Free Member

as a side, I’ve just watched children of the stones, one of the best documentaries I’ve seen, I’m surprised that them haven’t suppressed it..

piemonster

What do Paul Hellyers views on Aliens have to do with crop circles anyway?

clubber
    Free Member

100!

nealglover
    Free Member

Try this for a start. I think an ex-cabinet minister would know more than some cycling enthusiasts.

Your blind faith in anyone that agrees with you is brilliant.

Almost as entertaining as the crazy ideas you seem happy to believe without any credible evidence.

spchantler
    Free Member

stop trying to put him off, this is fun

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I honestly think that the most likely explanation, if genuine Extra Terrestrials are involved, is that they are taking the piss, al-la Douglas Adams.

But the likelihood of inebriated students doing it is a serious order of magnitude higher.

Shame its not probing barley season or I’d be tempted to make one after what I just consumed….

epicyclo

One thing we haven’t considered is drunken ETs, but you’d think the faeries would see them off…

samcheese
    Free Member

The argument from authority – the UFO nutjob’s go-to logical fallacy of choice.

6079smithw
    Free Member

piemonster – Member

What do Paul Hellyers views on Aliens have to do with crop circles anyway?Some people refuse to acknowledge the possibility that either aliens visit earth or that they even exist at all, thus ruling out any alien involvement in crop circles.

nealglover – Member

Your blind faith in anyone that agrees with you is brilliant.

Almost as entertaining as the crazy ideas you seem happy to believe without any credible evidence.Does that mean what you believe is more credible than what a former defence minister of a G8 country has witnessed and researched?

samcheese – Member

The argument from authority – the UFO nutjob’s go-to logical fallacy of choice.The above question would also apply to your statement.

I can understand people not being sure if ETs make crop circles because like I said earlier, I’m not sure either.
    The people who say that they’re all man made, I think the onus is on you to prove that because that’s far easier.
    So until you have footage of English men going into a field to recreate one of those fancy intricate crop circles seen above in one night then you have no proof and it remains unknown who makes them all.

6079smithw
    Free Member

Remember that crop circle made in California a few days ago?
    Well it seems its message is readable, it was just written in braille! And it seems to say ‘192’ a lot.
    Obviously the aliens lamenting the privatisation of the old direct enquiries are also cycling fans 😆
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVDrjAFibHI[/video]

http://www.ufosightingsdaily.com/2014/01/update-on-crop-circle-in-salinas.html

Have a good weekend y’all

molgrips
    Free Member

I think an ex-cabinet minister would know more than some cycling enthusiasts.

It says at the beginning that he made his ‘discovery’ in retirement. So he’s no different to any other nutjob. In fact the implication that whilst working ad the defence minister he did NOT find evidence of aliens actually backs up the idea that there has not been contact.

And spare me the closed mind stuff. Personally, I’m sure that there are aliens out there somewhere. However given what evidence we have so far I’m sure that they have not made contact. And to be honest I’m not sure they ever will. For any alien to come here requires them to do something that is probably not even possible at all ever. Just because we have solved big problems in the past does not mean all problems are soluble.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Burden of proof, another logical fallacy.

Thing is, we do have some proof they’re made by blokes with a plank and a bit of rope. Which would be them owning up to it.

piemonster

Yes, this is much better. Good work.

piemonster

Some people refuse to acknowledge the possibility that either aliens visit earth or that they even exist at all, thus ruling out any alien involvement in crop circles.

Massive amount of bllx that involves ignoring everything you don’t want to hear. Great effort.

ron70
    Free Member

Never surprises me on here! So much easier for the sheeple to say ‘ your bloody crazy believing things like that! ‘ We are very extremely primitive and yet people think they know it all now.

molgrips
    Free Member

We’re not sheeple. You can’t just accuse us of that simply because we disagree with you.

We also do not think we know it all. We’re just saying we think that the current evidence for alien co tact is insufficient.

YOU ate, however, claiming to know a lot of things. So why can you know things and we can’t?

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Priv’liged position, lizard ambassador, innit?

piemonster

Never surprises me on here! So much easier for the sheeple to say ‘ your bloody crazy believing things like that! ‘ We are very extremely primitive and yet people think they know it all now.

There’s a key difference between believing in life existing not on Earth. And believing that UFOs are responsible for crop circles.

On this matter, I’m with Stephen Hawking. Following like a sheep of course.

Cougar

I can understand people not being sure if ETs make crop circles because like I said earlier, I’m not sure either.
    The people who say that they’re all man made, I think the onus is on you to prove that because that’s far easier.
    So until you have footage of English men going into a field to recreate one of those fancy intricate crop circles seen above in one night then you have no proof and it remains unknown who makes them all.

Now you’re just playing silly buggers.

Crop circles started appearing. People speculated as to what they might be. Some people thought it was aliens. Then, the perpetrators came forward and showed how they did it. Crop circles became more and more elaborate as more and more people got on board and improved their skills.

Now, it’s possible that some are still made by aliens. But given the choice between “people did it” and “alien Banksy did it”, one possibility does seem somewhat more likely than the other, does it not?

Because, as I said before, even if you’re not a stone bonker and aliens actually do walk amongst us, spending their time secretly drawing pictures in fields would seem somewhat illogical behaviour for an advanced race capable of interstellar travel, would it not?

This is the god argument all over again, isn’t it. Unless the perpetrators of every single piece of crop art come forward, then it’s technically possible that only most of them are man made. The rest may well be aliens, or fairly equally likely may be a message from god, tasmanian devils, low flying bee swarms, ghosts, rare freak weather formations, grass-spontaneously-lying-down syndrome, or sudden synchronised mole activity.

Or turning that around, even if you really Want To Believe in aliens, there’s little reason to think that they’re responsible for crop circles just we can’t prove explicitly they aren’t. By that logic, aliens could be responsible for everything in the world that we don’t know the originator / creator for. Every piece of graffiti, every unsolved crime, the can of Fanta someone’s chucked in my front garden, junk mail, all done by aliens. Can’t prove otherwise.

Further reading:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophic_burden_of_proof

schnor
    Free Member

I hope this has some bearing on the topic, but I’m a footpath inspector and spend a lot of my time walking through fields, and I actually see about 10 crop circles every summer!

Before anyone gets excited they’re mostly small (>30ft) and incomplete / irregular (3/4 circles or ellipses, etc) and are predominantly on cereal crops a few weeks before harvest, presumably when the heads are heavy enough for them to fold down. I’ve seen some in thick silage fields too, but with less of a defined edge.

IIRC I’ve only ever seen 1 ‘proper’ circular one and it was a neat little thing about 20ft wide. I took photos but from my perspective you could only see crop / edge / nothing.

I actually saw one being made too, it was a dry summer day and a ‘dirt devil’ appeared in the distance, swirled for 15 seconds, disappeared and it made a random blob shaped depression in some wheat 🙂 from memory all the stalks were squished in different directions, not smoothly folded in one direction.

Maybe a few hundred years ago they’d be attributed to the Devil / faeries / whoevar.

So yeah, there are indeed ‘real’ crop circles. Don’t really want to get into the whole aliens / drunk students thing though TBH 🙂

piemonster

I hope this has some bearing on the topic

Sod off with your rational, well reasoned post. There’s no place for you here.

aracer
    Free Member

I hope this has some bearing on the topic, but I’m a footpath inspector and spend a lot of my time walking through fields, and I actually see about 10 crop circles every summer!

A sensible reply from somebody who knows what they’re talking about? You reckon that’s relevant? Have you not read the rest of this thread?

I’m betting that “dust devil” you saw was actually the exhaust from an alien spaceship taking off.

Cougar

Have you ever seen an alien? Maybe they look like dust devils. That’d explain why no-one’s ever caught a little green – sorry, extraterrestrial biological entity.

(I watched the X-files too…)

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 211 total)

The topic ‘Does anybody actually believe crop circles are made by UFOs?’ is closed to new replies.