Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 211 total)
  • Does anybody actually believe crop circles are made by UFOs?
  • globalti
    Free Member

…..and not drunken students from the nearby college of agriculture?

What do farmers think when they come out and find some muppet has squashed huge areas of their corn down with a board?

If you had a UFO, would you waste all that time and fuel flying to Earth just to leave a crop circle then fly home?

Trimix
    Free Member

Probably not on STW, but in the real world Im sure you will find someone. Afterall, its no different to believing in a magician that lives in the sky 😉

clubber
    Free Member

Aren’t you about 10 years too late to this?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

and not drunken students from the nearby college

Of course it was! Well, that and pissed up Moonrakers after a good fill of 6X!

globalti
    Free Member

Too late? Why? Was it all exposed as students 10 years ago?

wrecker
    Free Member

Stop it with the crazy talk. You’ll be saying Santa isn’t real next.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I thought it was all exposed as a couple of old boys having a laugh on their way back from the pub about ten years ago. All done with a plank of wood and some string.

Pigface
    Free Member

Wheat or Barley squashed flat is a pain to combine

epicyclo

Jeez, anyone who’d believe it was aliens should get their head examined – preferably the open top examination.

Anyone with any understanding of science knows it’s a result of moonlight faerie dancing.

brakes
    Free Member

why do you never see incomplete or rubbish designs then?
    they’re always perfectly geometric shapes.

endurogangster
    Free Member

Have you not seen ancient aliens on the history channel? Of course it’s aliens

alpin
    Free Member

this one:

(some people really take this seriously….)

was made by a friend of mine and five of his mates in 2012 just south of Munich. done over two nights. when they were done the called a local paper and saying they had just been walking the dog and found this massive circle.

within a day the area was swarming with people; people with crystals, people with cameras, people with a “connection”. there were even a few sick people who were carried to the centre of the circle to help them fight their sickness with the positive energy.

when the farmer came to harvest his crop there were people laying down in front of the combine harvester….

probably wasn’t helped that the location is called “Heiligeberg”, or “Holy Hill”….. 🙂

if you can understand German, these are really funny…..

(skip to 2:15 for the combine and translate the description under the vid for a laugh)
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjjYEPvNc5E[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdoBoUePx_s[/video]

like really seriously…..

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

within a day the area was swarming with people; people with crystals, people with cameras, people with a “connection”.

So sadly true! And not just in Germany, Wiltshire, too! 🙂

Cougar

…was made by a friend of mine and five of his mates in 2012 just south of Munich.

Fair do’s, that’s some impressive circlage.

nealglover
    Free Member

Pretty much yes.

(Not specifically students, but exposed as the work of “pranksters” in general)

Trimix
    Free Member

Alpin, thats great. I bet one of your ancestors did a similar trick with some fish and bread 🙂

allthegear
    Free Member

Unidentified Field-Flatterning Oiks? Yes, I believe they exist…

Rachel

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

If you had a UFO, would you waste all that time and fuel flying to Earth just to leave a crop circle then fly home?

Maybe they don’t fly home. Maybe they stay. What other explanation is there for Michael Gove?
    [cue spooky theremin music]

scuttler

This is the one and only crop circle I ever had a wander around. Somewhat impressive.

maxtorque

10 years too late? More like 20 shirley?

piemonster

OP

Nope

To be honest, never really figured out why a complex pattern made in crops (it’s never a potato crop circle is it?) was ever supposed to be the work of Aliens or whatever.

I mean, if you wanted to communicate, just leave a fricking note if your too shy to say hello. Or if you’ve just landed to stretch your legs and probe a cows anus, why have your engines designed by Spirograph. Although I suppose it might be the alien equivalent or neon light strips on a Clio 1L.

D0NK

I think Hope A2Z and galpher need to have a chat with some of these guys, they are missing a trick for some nice disc designs.

DenDennis
    Free Member

the late, Dear old Reg Presley certainly did.

I’d rather spend my royalties on other pursuits but good on him…

BBC link

In recent years, The Troggs’ frontman, Reg Presley has become as well known for his obsession with crop circles as for penning evergreen pop hits like ‘Love Is All Around’ and ‘With a Girl Like You’.

Indeed, in 1994 when Wet Wet Wet spent a whopping 15 weeks at number one with their cover of ‘Love Is All Around’, Reg famously joked that on receipt of the imminent royalties, he’d finally be able to devote all his time to investigating the mysterious field formations.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

The same aliens who made a crop todger in a field near Stourhead, Wilts?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

wrecker – Member
    Stop it with the crazy talk. You’ll be saying Santa isn’t real next.

😯

mightymule
    Free Member

Best Crop Circle ever:

uselesshippy
    Free Member

I reckon there all made by richmtbguru.

6079smithw
    Free Member

It would require belief that crop circles are UFO-made however it would not require belief to say that only a few are made by pranksters.
    Quite what entities makes the rest of them is unknown.
    This was from 30th December in California – no way did a bunch of students make that in the night.
    http://www.ufosightingsdaily.com/2014/01/elaborate-crop-circle-spotted-in.html

In this report the police officer describes what are commonly known (among UFO/ET researchers) as Nordic aliens at a crop circle http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/ufo/6394256/UFO-alert-police-officer-sees-aliens-at-crop-circle.html

MI5 exposed in hoaxes: http://www.richplanet.net/detail.php?dbindex=209

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Who knows what else is “out there”? Remember we once were sure the earth is flat…

hammyuk
    Free Member

There’s loads that appear next to Chilbolton Observatory – bearing in mind that it’s RIGHT NEXT TO 2 military air bases and a massive no fly zone with lots of “special” radar there are designs that have appeared in under two hours there.
    One was a 6 figure mathematical equation that took their own computers almost three days to calculate – that appeared in under two hours between Apache patrols with no break in radar coverage and nothing showing.
    Bearing in mind their radar covers anything bigger than a badger for close on 8 miles in every direction…….

bearnecessities

Who knows what else is “out there”? Remember we once were sure the earth is flat…

Quite right; however I doubt that ‘they’ would tease us with their presence by symmetrically sabotaging our porridge capabilities.

Moses

They exist alright, but circles rather than the fancy fake designs.
    When crop circles first attracted the Woo crowd, my father in law grunted something on the lines of “They’ve been around since I was a lad”, (1940s) and specified what fields they happened in. He was a farmer in Wiltshire, a few miles from Warminster & Westbury, and a grumpy cynical old sod, so I believed him.

nealglover
    Free Member

This was from 30th December in California – no way did a bunch of students make that in the night.

Why not ? Any particular reason ?

If anyone still thinks UFO’s are responsible for crop circles. Think about this.

It is known that 90% of crop circles appear in England. If there is a link between UFO’s and crop circles, then why is that more than 90% of UFO sightings are reported in places other than England?

Are the Crop Circle UFO’s a special type that don’t get spotted as easily as the ones that don’t do Crop Circles?”

:mrgreen:

maccruiskeen

Its not just crop circles though. Me and a few mates built Stone Henge after a long weekend on rough cider in 1986. 4 guys, two sack barrows, jobs a good un.

Cougar

They exist alright, but circles rather than the fancy fake designs.
    When crop circles first attracted the Woo crowd, my father in law grunted something on the lines of “They’ve been around since I was a lad”, (1940s) and specified what fields they happened in. He was a farmer in Wiltshire, a few miles from Warminster & Westbury, and a grumpy cynical old sod, so I believed him.

I don’t think anyone’s denying they exist. Rather, we’re suggesting that rather than being extra-terrestrial in origin, they were in fact crafted by a couple of old blokes on the way home from the pub using a plank and a bit of rope. Largely because they admitted to it about twenty years ago. The rest are copycats; as soon as they made the news everyone started doing it.

Cougar

Here’s some aliens, in 1991.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qzvuqs9Bf7Q[/video]

CountZero

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    within a day the area was swarming with people; people with crystals, people with cameras, people with a “connection”.
    So sadly true! And not just in Germany, Wiltshire, too!

There was a beauty in a field right next to Avebury circle a year or so back. You can imagine the sort of people sitting in the middle of it, ‘communing’ with the creators, or whatever.

Crop Formation, Avebury. by CountZero1, on Flickr

There was another one, below Cherhill White Horse, which had daft Americans talking in serious terms about how it was sending a message, there were serious vibrations emanating from it…

crazy-legs

Bearing in mind their radar covers anything bigger than a badger for close on 8 miles in every direction…….

Which would therefore suggest that the most logical answer is that it was made by people FROM the observatory…

Especially since the design wasn’t a mathematical equation, it was a resemblance of the world-famous Arecibo Message that was transmitted into space in 1974. It was supposed to represent a possible “reply” from an alien civilisation.

You can even watch how they did it here:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puDF0hJpzWo[/video]

Cougar
    Moses

Cougar,

rather than being extra-terrestrial in origin, they were in fact crafted by a couple of old blokes on the way home from the pub using a plank and a bit of rope. Largely because they admitted to it about twenty years ago

Yeah, but why bother in the 1940s when the fields the circles appeared in weren’t en route to any pub? And why continue for 3 decades without any publicity whatsoever? Yes, there were fakes, but those were in the 70s. I doubt that the blokes who owned up to circle-making were old enough to drink when my father-in-law first got them.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 211 total)

The topic ‘Does anybody actually believe crop circles are made by UFOs?’ is closed to new replies.