Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • does any one own a froggy?
  • thedyslexic1
    Free Member

just wounded what they are like as a all day bike as i am looking for a new bike an while lookin at 5’s and spicy’s one of these came up and are they worth the price as i am lookin at the 518 or 718

FuzzyWuzzy

I have one but also have a Zesty so not tried the Froggy on a long ride. Personally I wouldn’t want it as my only bike, you don’t need 180mm travel for most stuff you’d do on an all day ride so you’re carrying around a lot of dead weight + it’s noticeably more relaxed geometry (than the Zesty anyway) and I’m not sure I’d want to pedal it for hours. I’d say Zesty vs 5 or Spicy vs Apline 160 if you want more than 140mm would be better for comparison (rather than 5 vs Spicy you mention).

dhrider
    Free Member

I’ve got a froggy. It is a free ride style bike so is designed to take a lot more abuse than an all mountain bike but of course this makes the bike a lot heavier.

If you want an all day bike get a spicy, same design of frame but slightly less travel and lighter.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    rewski
    Free Member

Deffo get a spicy, or a zesty if you want an all dayer, zesty 514 is amazing xc down and uphill

chakaping
    Free Member

I’ve got one, which I use for “social DH” and freemincing.

Even with a more sensible fork than the Totem on it, it’d still be far too heavy a lump for an all-day bike.

Get the Spicy or 5!

thedyslexic1
    Free Member

i have always had 5’s and i just ant a change and the the lappy’s have got my eye but what do all the different numbers mean or is it just the specs of them?

chakaping
    Free Member

First number is position in the range, second two are first two digits of travel.

eg. Zesty 214 = base level bike, 140mm travel
    Froggy 718 = top of the shop, 180mm travel

thedyslexic1
    Free Member

that makes sense and how long have you had the froggy?

FuzzyWuzzy

Mine’s an 09 318 but with some upgrades (Totems being the main one). Not really ridden it a whole lot though as keep injuring myself on the Zesty let alone what I’d end up doing on the Froggy :p

coatesy
    Free Member

Not owned or ridden one, but just moving the box from the store-room to the shop tells me it’s a bit heavy for an all day-er.

chakaping
    Free Member

Had my Froggy since about Feb.

I also have a Zesty which I use for normal riding though.

If I could only have one bike I think I’d be looking at the Spicy, it’s much closer to the Zesty than Froggy in weight.

taka
    Free Member

thedyslexic1 – Member
    i have always had 5’s and i just ant a change and the the lappy’s have got my eye but what do all the different numbers mean or is it just the specs of them?

you mean youve
    has 2 five frames never a full working bike… 🙄

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘does any one own a froggy?’ is closed to new replies.