Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Does a good quality women's hybrid bike exist for circa £300?
  • slimjim78
    Free Member

Any suggestions?
    My friend is looking to buy a hybrid for his teeny tiny wife, so a small framed hybrid with good components would be ideal.

Anyone seen anything suitable or have any recommendations?

2nd hand is probably the way to go, but thought it worth checking.

continuity
    Free Member

Secondhand boardman from ebay, be prepared to tighten a few nuts and replace a cable or two and you’ll have a top bike.

slimjim78
    Free Member

I suggested a look at Boardman, seems no-one has a bad word to say about them.

mikey3
    Free Member

Xs specialized sirrus for 370 from evans,i bought one for getting about on becaucse it was all i could afford.6months on and lots of miles seems to be surviving ok.

slimjim78
    Free Member

good shout

ndthornton
    Free Member

I just bought my girlfriend this
    http://www.evanscycles.com/products/scott/sub-35-2011-hybrid-bike-ec025447

Its fantastic, she loves it and so do I – trouble is I cant catch her now on mountain bikes!

I wanted something with a hub gear so I dont have to spend all my time fixing gears 😉

slimjim78
    Free Member

the Scott looks a good deal

EDIT: shame, they dont appear to have any small ones left

ndthornton
    Free Member

Ah bugger – I might have had the last one..

butcher

Carrera Subway.

joeegg
    Free Member

I got the wife a Cannondale Quick 5 from Pauls Cycles.Available in a small size ,theres no front suspension but the tyres are pretty meaty so you could do rail or towpaths with no problem.Last years model so a bit of a discount.

belugabob
    Free Member

How about this trek hybrid

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Trek Fx wsd

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

Avanti Aria 1? We’ve just started doing them at work.. A proper Specialized killer at £350.. The Aria 1 is the same spec as the £370 gents one, which is the same as a £400 bike in anyone else’s money. They’ve got really *really* good wheels and tyres (unlike the big S!), and they size up relatively small and are a very good weight. Properly nice.

mikey3
    Free Member

Bikewhisperer is right,only drawback on the sirrus i bought was the tyres,which are a bit thin.Flackjacket my arse 🙂

MoreCashThanDash

I tried a similar thread a couple of weeks ago – someone pointed me at a Jamis Trail in Evans

slimjim78
    Free Member

Thanks for your advice guys, very useful

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Does a good quality women's hybrid bike exist for circa £300?’ is closed to new replies.