• This topic has 72 replies, 44 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by hooli.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)
  • Doctor Foster….
  • alpin
    Free Member

it’s back!

not normally one for TV dramas, but on hearing that a new series is out i binged on the first series over the weekend.

just watched the new episode and i’ve got to say i think it is very well done.

but… but…. but…

why did the son want to leave the party?

what was the present sent to the new wife?

now have to wait another week! 😥

wallop

Nuts. Completely unhinged. Brilliant.

wallop

And WHY DID SHE GO INTO THE HOUSE!?

tthew

I just watched it too. Sweet baby Jebus, what a load of tosh. I’d have left if I was the son too. And the father in law should have just put out a contract on her.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I thought the vibrator was one of those things for getting hard skin off your feet, That’s Mrs THMs story anyway…

rascal
    Free Member

Why was the door left open?
    Dad’s been tapping the kid up to move in for a while.
    A lady pleaser?

jamj1974

I said this on another thread yesterday. The lead – she cannot act to save her life. Completely unwatchable.

lovewookie

Glad it’s back, liked the first episode and keen to see where it’s going.

I think if you’ve not seen the first series you’ll wonder why she’s quite the way she is.

wwaswas

All the music is VERY VERY LOUD and all the dialogue is *whispers*.

reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

Not sure about this yet. Seemed to be an episode for setting up the plots for the series. Have to agree about the dialogue & music but it seems to be a BBC trait these days despite all the complaints on social media. And why is it that HD channel sound is much quieter than the regular channel, drives me nuts keep turning the volume up & down or is it just my TV?

Caher

I am not usually a fan of TV dramas but for some reason, I found the first series strangely captivating. I’ll see how this goes.

teethgrinder

reluctantwrinkly – Member
    And why is it that HD channel sound is much quieter than the regular channel, drives me nuts keep turning the volume up & down or is it just my TV?

Light is denser than sound, and because it’s HD there’s more light and therefore less room for the sound.

binners

I saw the trailer for the first series and thought it looked like a load of old tosh. Then Mrs Binners convinced me to watch it as she was re-watching it before the second series

I was right. It is indeed a load of old tosh! But a totally preposterous, ridiculously entertaining and enjoyable load of old tosh! I absolutely loved it! 😀

I also loved this review by Lucy Mangham in the Guardian yesterday. Absolutely nails it!

The gleefully mad melodrama is back

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

Watched it with my wife, got in trouble for shouting at teh Telly: “it’s been 2 years, get over it!”

I also got in to trouble for pointing out that Nitric acid doesn’t dissolve gold.

everyone in it are thoroughly dislikeable, which i suppose is it’s appeal.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

And she’s hot as ****, in a psychotic kinda way!

oomidamon

it’s been 2 years, get over it!

and

everyone in it is thoroughly dislikeable

Can’t get beyond this really. Mildly entertaining nonsense, doubt I’ll continue watching.

dovebiker

WTF was she doing with a big bottle of nitric acid anyway? She’s a doctor, not an industrial chemist making rocket fuel or explosives – or is that the bit of the plot I’ve missed?

reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

Teethgrinder-ta for that- obvious really. What if I open the curtains to let some light out, will that work?

binners

Surely she should be called Louise though?

ratherbeintobago

WTF was she doing with a big bottle of nitric acid anyway? She’s a doctor, not an industrial chemist making rocket fuel or explosives – or is that the bit of the plot I’ve missed?

This. It also came out of a pharmacy bag IIRC, and somehow I doubt Boots would dispense nitric acid off an FP10.

Last series, there was a heck of a lot of stuff which, IRL, would’ve ended with Dr Foster’s suspension from the GMC register.

GavinT
    Free Member

I thought she had two bottles – nitric acid and hydrochloric acid? Which apparently can dissolve gold when mixed. Whether or not you can get both of these in a Pharmacy or not though I’ve no idea.

Drac

My wife watches this, it’s utter trash which is probably why she likes it.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure the availability or not of acids at a pharmacist isn’t atop the writers priority list.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Indeed, mixed together (though I can’t remember what concentrations), you get what’s alchemists called Aqua Regia, which could dissolve platinum and gold. Don’t think you could see what was written on the brown bottle – but I assumed HCl as well.

As NoBeer says, if we’re going to start getting fussy over whether a doctor can get hold of concentrated nitric or hydrochloric acid as a plot hole, we’d watch nothing at all.

ninfan
    Free Member

And she’s hot as ****, in a psychotic kinda way!

I should introduce you to my ex…

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I should introduce you to my ex…

I’m sure she’s saying the same thing to someone else right about now….

franksinatra

I thought she was was a complete Louise who seriously needs to start getting over it and sort er life out. That teacher she went on a date with should run for the hills. I also thought her husband seemed to have landed on his feet, fair play to him.

My wife thought she was a victim we should feel sorry for who was perfectly justified in acting the way she did, her husband is a bastard and her behaviour was perfectly understandable.

Funny how two people can view things so differently

deadkenny
    Free Member

Not seen it. Obvious but… is this set in Gloucester? 😛

rone

Proper melodrama. Well shot and put together.

Watchable, but didn’t need a second season like a lot of these things.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

I thought it was something to do with the Doctor Foster went to Gloucester in a shower of rain…. 😳

tthew

The thing with the acid – even if we accept that she could get hold of the ingredients, why did she need so bloody much of it? Unless of course she’s planning on dissolving the husband.

I don’t even know why I’m asking really, as I’m not watching it again, (see my post above)

jamj1974

I think if you’ve not seen the first series you’ll wonder why she’s quite the way she is.

I saw part of an episode of the first season as my wife was watching it.

That still doesn’t explain her total inability to act or the fact she only has two expressions – anger and complete imbecility. Honestly, I’m not sure how she is managing to make money as a professional…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Do you think she can’t act jamj? Only you haven’t mentioned it much… 🙂

jamj1974

I know DD. It’s like I can’t get over things I find annoying. 😉

Some of my team wouldn’t bloody stop going on about it last series and that are now on about it again…

rone

I think she’s not a bad actress at all.

alpin
    Free Member

Oooooh…..

A woman scorned and all that.

What you think he told the boy? Conniving lady though ain’t she….

DrJ

everyone in it are thoroughly dislikeable,

This. If everyone died in a car crash, who would care?

CheesybeanZ

I’m with jamj , she can’t act and the first series was way better .

natrix
    Free Member

Will she get away with death by careless driving? Suspended sentence, light fine, couple of points on the license seems to be the norm for killing a cyclist, so probably similar for a pedestrian…………….

sadexpunk

PSA last one coming up shortly…..

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘Doctor Foster….’ is closed to new replies.