• This topic has 24 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by bodgy.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Do your feet face the door in your bedroom ? Superstition…
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

…apparently it’s how you’re carried out of your bedroom when you’re brown bread…

…we have moved the bed round it’s now facing the door, it doesn’t sit well ! Going back to how it was in the morning.

What way do your feet face ????

Superstitious???

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Depends how drunk I am!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Not a problem for me.

wrightyson
    Free Member

They’re facing that way as we speak, do I need to shout the kids in to say goodbye? Mrs ws has had too much wine and hers are facing straight up as we speak !, I doubt she’s due a by straight to heaven!

qwerty
    Free Member

Once your chopped up into pieces you could go out in any order…..

Makes you think.

bodgy
    Free Member

It’s not a ‘superstition’ as such, but I prefer to have my feet facing south when I sleep. Anything else feels a bit weird and disorientating when I wake up. Feet facing north is totally out of the question – that’s like being upside down.

welshfarmer

Hmmmm, mine face due North and at 90 degrees to the bedroom door, but straight at the house door which is downstairs. My house is on a lay-line though so I think that makes it alright.

edhornby

It’s like all that Feng Shui nonsense innit. Just do what you want 🙂

zippykona

On Danny baker he was mentioning a couple that don’t have a “side of the bed.”

Such a thing is not possible.

ads678

My feet face east cos thats how it works best in our bedroom. Door is next to my head.

funkmasterp

Mine face the window so I can be easily tipped out when the time comes.

slowoldman

…apparently it’s how you’re carried out of your bedroom when you’re brown bread…

Why would that affect which way round I have the bed? They can drag me out feet first for all I’ll care.

db

Feet towards the door (which is vaguely south), but only cos that’s the only way the furniture fits.

RustySpanner

We don’t have a bedroom door. 🙂

chewkw
    Free Member

What way do your feet face ????

For me I have never had my feet facing the door.

Yes, it is related to Feng Shui but you don’t have to believe it.

Note that most of houses are built not to comply with any of the Feng Shui rules.

Also if any of you have your front main entrance door facing your main toilet or rear exit door then check to see if your bank balance is healthy. i.e. easy come easy goes with income – do you have difficulties with saving?

A case of a shop I observed in the city centre for past several years where all the shops that occupied that particular premises could hardly last for more than one year. Yes, 4 or 5 different shop tenants for the past 4 to 5 years. The first time I looked at the shop I told my colleague that they would not survived for long as their main shop entrance is facing the toilet inside the shop. I mean why on earth do you want the toilet in front of your face when you enter the shop that serve take away food? All of them closed shop until recently an Asia Kebab shop took over while they were renovating I had a look but this time they did the right thing by relocating the toilet to the side of the premises out of view and Not facing the main entrance. They have been operating for about 9 months now and seem to be doing fine.

To help you out a bit if you are running business or in your main house (you the owner).

Do Not have main door entrance facing the toilet.
    Do Not have main door entrance align directly with rear exit door. i.e. if you open the main entrance you can see directly to the rear exit door.

Both the above scenarios mean however much you earn you will not have enough to save. i.e. all your money will be drained away.

Also if you live in a historical house with expose beams … yes, looks nice but do you feel the pressure in life? Worst still if you have beam(s) facing directly on your bed. It’s like cutting you into half. Usually, this is a sign of future abdominal problems etc.

p/s: as my mum used to say if you don’t believe then you are happy not believing it coz you don’t know what you don’t know, which is good. If you want to believe it but cannot learn all of them then at least try to believe the main basic.

CountZero

The head of our bed is against the wall that door is in, which is to my left, lying face up. And we each have our own side to the bed.
    Which faces east/west, the house is north/south – which is nice, ‘cos the garden gets the best of the sunshine, which warms the back wall nicely.
    Not bothered in the slightest about feng shui, though.

DezB
    Free Member

Feet point away from the door.
    I’m not superstitious and it means I face the picture of our lord and saviour Jesus Christ 😊

ernielynch

I prefer my feet to face the ceiling when I’m sleeping.

It’s not a ‘superstition’ as such, but I prefer to have my feet facing south when I sleep. Anything else feels a bit weird and disorientating when I wake up. Feet facing north is totally out of the question – that’s like being upside down.

I’m not sure if you’re being serious, but on the off chance, you wouldn’t know the difference.

stevego
    Free Member

feet face the door mainly because if I jump (or fall) into bed from the doorway or close to, thats the way I land. Haven’t learnt to do forward rolls in the air and worried I’ll injure myself.

P-Jay
    Free Member

On Danny baker he was mentioning a couple that don’t have a “side of the bed.”

Such a thing is not possible.

That defies all logic, I’ve got to assume they’re bullshiting for attention – I mean what bedside do you put your socks in if you’re roaming from side to side like a Hippy!!

lunge

Door to my left, which is vaguely west I think, though I’ve never really thought about it until this thread.

perchypanther
    Free Member

One foot towards the door, one towards the window.

#starfish

Cougar

I’m not superstitious and don’t believe in any of that nonsense. Typical Capricorn.

I can’t sleep with my feet facing the door because they’d hang out of the side of the bed if I did.

bodgy
    Free Member

“you wouldn’t know the difference.”

I was being more-or-less serious – I know where the sun rises and which side I lie on, so yeah, if it’s different upon waking it’s initially quite disorientating. But, I am a creature of habit.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Do your feet face the door in your bedroom ? Superstition…’ is closed to new replies.