Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 90 total)
  • Do you wash your fruit and veg?
  • ransos
    Free Member

yes ransos i have, its plants grown in diluted poo.

That’s precisely what it isn’t.

Solo
    Free Member

Which is why I wash fruit and veg. I like eating carrots, not mud

Yes. I’ve never really understood how someone can chomp into a muddy carrot while wearing the smug-est of looks.

Saying like ” Look how sensible and healthy I’m being “.

While I stand there are think.

Yewh !, you’re eating shit, literally !.

my2ndlogin
    Free Member

As my old Grandfather said… you’ve got to eat a peck of dirt before you die.

He is dead BTW.

muckytee
    Free Member

It’s the prospect of consuming pesticides and chemicals that bothers me more.

As for mud, ain’t nothing on the amount of mud that went in my mouth last winter when out riding.

jonahtonto
    Free Member

He is dead BTW.
    😆

philconsequence
    Free Member

🙂 I expect to be given clean cutlery also, but the point i’m making incredibly badly with over exaggerated examples is the more you look into germs, how they’re transferred and stuff…. then look at the behaviour of other humans no matter how clean you try to be as an individual… you can’t hide from them.

i firmly believe the stress caused by worrying about germs will kill you before an unwashed carrot will.

Coyote
    Free Member

So the chemicals and pesticides only sit on the surface of the fruit / veg? They can’t soak into the flesh of said foodstuff?

Oh, and no I don’t wash fruit and veg.

Solo
    Free Member

then look at the behaviour of other humans no matter how clean you try to be as an individual… you can’t hide from them

Doctor Hilary on Steve Wright in the afternoon reckons that we’re all completely covered in Germs.

COMPLETELY !.

COVERED !!.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

i firmly believe the stress caused by worrying about germs will kill you before an unwashed carrot will.

I reckon you’re probably right. I’d go a step further and say that I think eating all the dirt helps strengthen your immune system.

Solo
    Free Member

I think eating all the dirt helps strengthen your immune system

Shall I send you some of mine then ?….

philconsequence
    Free Member

i like to share my germs with other people, kissing, hugging, rubbing, licking… you name it. much better than a firm handshake as a greeting.

rocketman
    Free Member

He is dead BTW.
    😆

ransos
    Free Member

So the chemicals and pesticides only sit on the surface of the fruit / veg? They can’t soak into the flesh of said foodstuff?

The highest concentration is in the skin and outer surfaces. As I said earlier, it’s all pretty low risk stuff, especially if you peel/ wash the veg.

Solo
    Free Member

i like to share my germs with other people, kissing, hugging, rubbing, licking… you name it. much better than a firm handshake as a greeting

all of a sudden, the STW forum takes on a new level of attraction as a means of meeting people ?….
    😆

Solo
    Free Member

you’ve got to eat a peck of dirt before you die

Is the reverse true ?…

***Has discovered immortality***

ski
    Free Member

Remember having a chat with my fellow allotment buddies as to what the strange smell was on some onions I had picked.

Everyone was coming up with a different type of animal pee

Rat, cat, dog, rabbit, chicken etc…

Until the oldest member of our group, a guy in his 90’s called Tom, who had an incredible knowledge of veg and plants was passed the onions, he took a huge bite out of one of them and said it was definitely fox pee..

True story 😉

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Is the reverse true ?…

Strangely enough my Grandad said he’d rather die than eat any of that foreign muck.

Edit: He’s also dead.

muckytee
    Free Member

Take buses as an example when a bus leaves the depot in the morning it gets hundreds of people, each of which will have dirty hands and will come into contact with the hand rails and stop buttons.

I usually don’t mind having a greggs after a journey which I eat with the same hands that have touched the contact surfaces on the bus I have got off. I am still alive have no allergies and 6ft tall :mrgreen:

On the basis of what i just said I don’t think I’ll bother washing fruit any more.

Solo
    Free Member

Edit: He’s also dead.

Yeah, didn’t like to ask and all that.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

I used to live in a semi rural town and work at a large hotel nearby, most of the staff lived in said town. Quite suddenly a large number of staff got very ill with gastric poisoning but none of the hotel guests did. The source was a contaminated batch of lettuce and other veg which came from the local co-op and had been grown in Spain – it had not been washed at source. So yes you should wash it! – and the brown stuff on mushrooms is not manure btw just soil, mushrooms are grown in huge warehouses on shelves not out in the open. Farmers can also use human waste (humanure) as a fertilizer but it must be ploughed into the ground and not sprayed or thrown like manure is…

Solo
    Free Member

when a us leaves the depot

Love it, just love it.
    😀

Solo
    Free Member

Quite suddenly a large number of staff got very ill with gastric poisoning but none of the hotel guests did. The source was a contaminated batch of lettuce and other veg which came from the local co-op and had been grown in Spain – it had not been washed at source

Don’t mention bean sprouts to the Germans !.

hilldodger
    Free Member

The Southern Yeti – Member
    …….with a twice sterilised nitrile glove on my hand

Nitrile rather than latex, liking your work Yeti 😀

hilldodger
    Free Member

Solo – Member
    you’ve got to eat a peck of dirt before you die

what’s a “peck” in metric please ?

Solo
    Free Member

what’s a “peck” in metric please ?
    😆

Don’t ask me, I didn’t post it originally.
    😆

Sounds like something Phil likes to do to people he meets.
    😀

EDIT:
    Nitrile rather than latex, liking your work Yeti

What you may not realize is that TSY has had 5 times fun with that glove….
    😯

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

The answer to that is seemingly lying 6 feet deep with my2ndlogin’s Grandpa.

philconsequence
    Free Member

a peck is 18.4 jiggacubes

hilldodger
    Free Member

aaah just found it, A peck is the amount of pickled peppers picked by a certain peter piper….

Solo
    Free Member

jiggacubes

Whats a….

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Jesus guys. This has descended into nonsense.

I ask a serious question… I get some serious answers and then look what happens.

Solo
    Free Member

C’mon Hamsters !.

Solo
    Free Member

Jesus guys. This has descended into nonsense.

I ask a serious question… I get some serious answers and then look what happens.

LMAO.

Don’t complain, this is just how you like it, TSY.

EDIT:
    BTW, I sometimes wash the tyres on my bike.
    Does that count ?.
    And no, I do not eat bike tyres.
    They’re not low gi

ski
    Free Member

lol

ransos
    Free Member

and the brown stuff on mushrooms is not manure btw just soil, mushrooms are grown in huge warehouses on shelves not out in the open.

Mushrooms are grown in mushroom compost, which contains poo.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Don’t complain, this is just how you like it, TSY.

S’pose. Although are you aware that over 30% of the nonsense posted on the last page of this thread was penned by yourself.

I fear that you and I spouting our verbal diarrhea is putting off the Fruit and Veg washers from sharing.

Solo
    Free Member

TSY.

Never mind ole boy.

Its your Birthday soon.

Aw.

😉

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

jiggacubes

Whats a….

Sure I tried a jiggacube once, a guy gave me it in a field where someone had a big sound system and there was flashing lights and everybody loved everyone else and …i can’t remember much else really

Solo
    Free Member

everybody loved everyone else and …i can’t remember much else really

Thats just like this place….
    😉

You didn’t note any particular soreness anywhere on yourself, the next morning ?.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

It is Solo… it is indeed. 29 years old 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘Do you wash your fruit and veg?’ is closed to new replies.