Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Do you want to own the burma road?
  • nstpaul

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-96647366.html

A nice wee property for anyone looking to move north!

Can’t tell from the map but think the burma road may be within the estate?

scotroutes

Aye – the whole of the Burma Road, right over to the Dulnain and surrounding area. There’s a couple of bothies in there too.

somafunk

STW buyout?, id chip in £100 so we need to raise another £7,499,900 out of 74,999 subscribers

nstpaul

I’m in 😉

Although I’m willing to bet you a half eaten ham and mustard sandwich that we will be outbid by a local small business owner with a danish surname.

scotroutes

Hah – he already owns the other half of the estate 🙂

CraigW
    Free Member

Perhaps an improvement over the previous owners, who were keen on blocking paths. Including locked gates on the Speyside Way.

scotroutes

@CraigW – that was a weird one. The locked gates didn’t stop access along the SSW as you could still get to it from the Lynwilg and Dalraddy entrances. It just stopped access to the estate via the three roads. We chatted to one of the estate guys when we were out for a walk and he said that the gates had been put in place because there were too many cyclists, they were ignoring the estate traffic, and that some of them were on “guided” rides. The whole affair was strange at the time. The (expensive) gates are still there, permanently open.

I suspect that if Povlsen/Wild Land Scotland had owned the estate earlier, that bit of the SSW would never have been built and we’d all be happily using the existing estate track.

CraigW
    Free Member

Or they could have built the Speyside Way alongside the River Spey, which would have been a much more scenic route. It goes about 5km without seeing any of the river.
    Or over the top of Torr Alvie?

grum
    Free Member

The gun room isn’t big enough for my collection I’m afraid, I’m out.

robbie
    Free Member

Once my cheque clears from my long lost uncle’s will from Nigeria I’m gonna stick an offer in!

In all seriousness do these estates actually pay for the upkeep or make any profit from the various activities they offer or are they a seriously expensive hobby?

Houns

If I win the euromillions tonight I’ll buy that

dannybgoode

That’s immense. If I were going to splash that kind of money on a house that’s what I’d be looking at. Room for all my hobbies and nice dark skies for the astronomy.

dovebiker

nice dark skies for the astronomy

Living just a bit further north, I can confirm the dark skies last night were absolutely awesome.

Sadly, I’ve just in a more modest offer to have a new pile built on the Isle of Mull, so am oot!

scotroutes

If I win the euromillions tonight I’ll buy that

You know you’d just break it.

Houns

Less of your cheek or I’ll come find you bivvying on my land and scare the bejesus out of you in the middle of the night

I’ll put the willies right up you (etc etc)

spooky_b329

If I were going to splash that kind of money on a house that’s what I’d be looking at.

You mean SEVEN houses! Get a group together lads 🙂 Leave a few rooms for the rest of your mates on STW to come and visit!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Do you want to own the burma road?’ is closed to new replies.