Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • Do you want to allow singletrackworld.com to use up to 5.6 GB of storage?
  • DickBarton

2 hours later and about 10 mins browsing on the site – I had to log back in but Chrome on Pixel 6 showing 365mb stored.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

It’s only asking asking to use 1.6gb of my giggers tonight

easily
    Free Member

The pop up is apparently due to an error as per the link Mark posted. Think that’s an apple thing

Possibly. But I’ve never seen it on any other site I’ve visited, which makes me think not.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

So good it downloaded itself twice (Chrome)

DickBarton

Think I’ve 3 as there is a https instance as well (although 2 of the 3 were under 2mb each)…

squirrelking
    Free Member

561mb cleared on Brave, dunno how much on Firefox as its less forthcoming but I’ve now found a good gig of storage on my phone.

Cheers for the how to BTW.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

lol, after clearing (640MB?) earlier, it’s already back up to 580MB after catching up on ~6 threads… Total 2.1GB for all cookies in Chrome, so not far off 33% just for STW! 😮

squirrelking
    Free Member

30 cookies at 96mb. Why does STW need to save so much data?

YouTube 24 cookies and 97kb
    Bikeperfect 10 cookies and 273kb

masterdabber
    Free Member

I don’t know if my is related to earlier comments but….

Running my laptop on Windows i7 processor, 16gb memory. STW is now crashing and/or locking both Ms Edge and Firefox whenever I try and use it.

Latest message is …. “Do you want to allow singletrackworld.com to use utpo 5.6 gb of memory.”

Not happening on any other site I use. STW has now become unusable.

benos

Any update on this? The problem seems as bad as ever.

Bez

It’s using 1.5MB on my iPad. Do I win a prize?

wwaswas

Windows and Firefox.

ransos
    Free Member

2.2GB on my phone. Chrome and Android.

boriselbrus
    Free Member

Yup, still over 800MB which slows down my phone.

@mark
    my membership expired yesterday and I’m not renewing at least until this is resolved.

DickBarton

@benos Have you emailed the tech team? As flagged a few times across various threads, the STW team don’t tend to look at the forum, so it is more by luck if a tech person reads the thread outlining issues…

crossed

I’ve started getting this now on every page asking if I will allow singletrackworld.com. to use 1.2GB of storage.

It’s a pain in the arse but it makes a change from the irritating videos that have been popping up again the past couple of days.

benos

Good point. I haven’t. I thought that wasn’t needed because I’d seen Mark comment on this thread, but it would be a good idea to.

andybrad

500mb here. although its just the forum

ransos
    Free Member

Back up to 600MB after clearing it this morning.

andytherocketeer

almost all of it will be cache. the more you view with images etc, the more your browser will cache. and the more that is cached the less that will eat into data allowance / bandwidth.

20 megs here, about 19 of which is cache. And 18 cookies (mostly ezoic stuff).

easily
    Free Member

It’s gone up – I’m now being asked for 7.2 GB of storage – that’s some inflation rate.

vinnyeh

Is anyone else other than me still getting this either on phone or Mac on safari- I’m being asked for 1.2gig on every page I visit on the site on both devices?

letmetalktomark

@vinnyeh – yes happening here tonight.

>> Edit ….. 1.9gb!

oceanskipper

Started happening for me yesterday on every page. Very irritating. Had to clear all data from Safari on iOS which is also mildly irritating.

lister

Yep, new for me. Started tonight asking for 1.2gb everytime I change pages.

somafunk

I open this thread and voila, got this message.

John_Key
    Free Member

Same, 5.6BG on my mac running Safari.  Alert keeps popping up, do you want to store 2GB of data.  Pretty damn annoying

Just had a look, Android phone on Chrome – 1.6gb

Beaten by Just Eat @ 1.9gb 🤣

Don’t really use JE very often though

Rio

My iPad is asking whether I want to increase my storage allowance to allow singletrackworld to use  2.7GB. No I don’t. I’ve said this before, it’s mining crypto in the background isn’t it? Stwcoin to the moon!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

HebTroCoin?

EEEtherium?

T’ether?

By’eckCoin?

[on a serious note, they could actually have made a decent amount of money in the early days of Chia with that many users and ~2GB of borrowed memory from each of us]

NewRetroTom

BBC.com is beating STW on my phone – 693mb vs 686mb. Must try harder STW!

Also have some random stuff like aliexpress and argos which I haven’t visited for months, but have over 100mb of storage.

franksinatra

I’m late to the party with this but being asked for 2.5gb for every single page, every single time. Only started today  What’s the crack?

brutaldeluxe09

I don’t see this exact issue but I do now often see the message in my browser that the page is using alot of resources and is slowing down my browser. Not sure if it’s related at all.

rossburton
    Free Member

FWIW “website data” is not implicitly cached files, as the browser will clean those itself. This is cookies and local storage, which is under the control of STW.

Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.