Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Do you think you could get up this on an e bike?
  • damascus
    Free Member

Absolutely crazy. I’m amazed more people didn’t get serious injuries.

Anyway, it got me thinking. How far up this do you think you’d get on an e bike, perhaps an unrestricted one? 🤔

I think I’d rather have an e bike fall on me than a motorbike.

I think going to watch one of these events is now on my bucket list.

fossy

Looks expensive…

weeksy

Would people would do this just to destroy £5000 of motorbike is beyond me

tpbiker
    Free Member

I love the fact a few of them try to stop the bike falling down the hill by sticking their foot out to catch it!

ayjaydoubleyou

Would people would do this just to destroy £5000 of motorbike is beyond me

Some (but not all) look to be red bull liveried sponsored riders – so probably 25k+ bikes.

Assume this is a bonus addendum to a big event, and people haven’t travelled purely for this single hill climb?

3:29 is about my level. Saved himself some money though.

hardtailonly

Couldn’t be bothered to watch all 18 minutes of it … I assume no one actually made it over the top?

Any idea how steep the hill is in real life. Looks pretty steep on the film, but ‘do-able’ but then I’m aware the watching something on a screen doesn’t at all convey how steep something actually is.

I think they’re going at it too fast, wonder whether the approach (on an ebike) would be better, trying to maintain traction and going at it in a more controlled manner?

whitestone
    Free Member

Did any of them get up it? If so what sort of time in the video – once you’ve watched a few it gets boring.

somafunk

Reminds me of my first time racing hawkstone park (moto-x) and trying to climb the big hill, not quite as steep but still intimidating when you are 15yrs old and trying to impress Rob Herring.

Hill climbs like that above are just nuts when you see them from the bottom.

chiefgrooveguru

As that looks steep on a video I assume it looks like a vertical cliff in real life. I can get up some pretty steep stuff on my ebike but it all looks flat on camera!

bikebouy
    Free Member

My nephew and I watched that at the weekend.
    He’s 12 so enjoyed it.

I on the other hand… 🤷‍♂️🤹‍♂️

dumbbot
    Free Member

I wonder if this is exactly how iainc fell off his Orbea ebike 😛

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Conspicuous ‘First world’ waste as a spectator sport?

somafunk

As opposed to the green revolution of all other motor driven sports?,

Drac

There’s a few on here who’d claim they’ve pedalled up steeper.

tomhoward

There’s a few on here who’d claim they’ve peddled up steeper

On a singlespeed, as a warm up for a ‘proper’ ride.

singlespeedstu

I think they’re going at it too fast, wonder whether the approach (on an ebike) would be better, trying to maintain traction and going at it in a more controlled manner?

Only on STW. 😂

Twodogs

One of them gets his bike up at about 16:30…he’s not on it tho so don’t know if that counts 😁
    And no, I didn’t watch it all

swedishmetal
    Free Member

None of them are on dedicated hillclimb bikes, looks like an add on to another event. Look up some of the real hill climb stuff, it’s mental.

doomanic

If you think an eBike will do better up that than an MX bike converted for hill climbs you’re seriously overestimating eBikes.

fossy

I thought one or two might have chucked the bike over the top and not them. Flaming expensive way of guaranteed way of costing you hard earned bike bits given the weight of an MX bike, and they aren’t cheap shoot.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

fooman

The guy at 2:45 definitely broke his forearm, wasn’t at a natural angle.

twonks

I quite like watching it, although it does seem a little too OTT.

Bit like this one – wouldn’t like to get hit by one of these back tyres.

hols2
    Free Member

For some reason, it reminded me of the video of the trucks crashing into the underpass.

colournoise

Not as long, and not on two wheels (although some end up that way), but ‘quite’ steep.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Do you think you could get up this on an e bike?’ is closed to new replies.