Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • Do you ride every day?
  • Poopscoop

Well, do ya?😉

I’m getting there I’m pleased to say… but a way to go yet.

weeksy

5-6 days. Rarely 7 but it’s not unknown. Not always outdoor.

simondbarnes

Nope. I need recovery time. And time to do other things.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    tomhoward

I did. Then my bits of my feet tried to make a bid for freedom.

jaylittle
    Free Member

Depends on the time of year but anywhere between 2 to 5 times per week. I like playing other sports so biking sometimes goes on the back burner.

lunge

No, but I exercise and every day. Either 5k run minimum or 15 miles on the bike minimum.
    Running for training, cycling for recovery.

tjagain

Usually most days – as I commute and also cycle to the shops and so on. some days I will be out 3 0r 4 times even. Does that count? ( not the last few weeks due to being broken)

GolfChick
    Free Member

5-6 times as well here, I force myself to have at least one day off to ‘rest’. Just done my 5th in a row so need a break now, one voluntary day tomorrow and then a forced day off Thursday as I’m driving up to the biking mecca of The Valleys.

Owning a dog I also do at least 15k steps a day as well as the almost constantly riding. If I can’t ride for whatever reason I start to get twitchy that it’s all going to waste.

Yak

Probably 0-3 times a week. No commutes, just trails.

rOcKeTdOg

if riding to work counts then 6 days a week

aweeshoe
    Free Member

I ride as much as I can, but not as much as I’d like. I’m lucky to get a chance once or twice a month 😔

Tracey

Most days I take the dog 3 to 5 miles on an evening unless it’s raining then will walk her. Try to take in 3 gym classes midweek and then 1 or 2 longer rides on a weekend. The dog rides are usually on the Turbo Levo in Eco so probably don’t count 🤔

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Yes. If I don’t ride I get grumpy and feel rubbish.

ads678

Nope, sometimes I don’t touch a bike for a few weeks. Occasionally I go into the garage to check I wasn’t dreaming and I actually do have bikes……

Doing lots more running recently though, I want to lose weight and get fitter and it loads less faff going for a run.

ton

i try to. but it tends to end up 6 days with either saturday or sunday off. riding every day soon wears you down and it becomes a chore.

Poopscoop

E-bike, Zwift…. It all counts and interesting to hear how much biking you guys do relative to me.

Glad to hear I’m not the only one struggling to ride as much as I would like.Lol

jonostevens
    Free Member

I’ve just started to, this month. With 2 young children I’ve come to realise that short rides every day is actually easier to achieve than 2 or 3 longer rides a week.

With the exception of my Sunday morning ride, most rides are 30-45 minutes long unless I’ve got a bit more time to play with. I’ve missed 3 days so far this month and feel great, much fitter. I’ve learnt to ride by feel and manage my body too.

I seem to have naturally settled into a rhythm of a couple of higher effort rides in the week sandwiched between pootles and commutes, with the long ride on a Sunday.

My gravel bike is great for mixing rides up and not getting bored.

Time spent in the saddle has increased dramatically compared with previous months, and knowing I’m going to get a ride (however short) in the day is great for my mood and wellbeing.

concrete24
    Free Member

Nope – once a week 20-30 miles, mid week night ride mostly (all year round at least). Leave home for work 06:30 get home around 19:00, 3 young kids and full on weekends. The kids do want to do some riding with me now – So the goal is to get some level of weekend ride in with them now too!

fathomer

Pretty much every day, as much MTB as possible, road the rest of the time.

naffa
    Free Member

Last year I rode 192 days consecutively. It left me so exhausted even though I thought I’d acheived a lot.
    I was aiming for 365 days but I just couldnt do it

Moe

Commute across the forest to work four to five days a week using singletrack most days, between two and half miles direct but more often than not meander a little and the return home is usually around five miles or more. Usually get out for a ride on first day off too.

flyingmonkeycorps

Nah, lucky if I manage every week at the moment! Used to ride 5 or 6 days a week commuting and MTB, but now I live a mile from work and have a wee baby I’m doing more running and skating instead.

DezB
    Free Member

Nope. But I do ride more days than I don’t.
    Some days just have other things going on. Like tomorrow- gotta do a shop and collect jr and give him dinner. Easier to drive. I did ride today – test rode my bike up the road after rebuilding it and rode to Tescos. It counts. 🙂

OmarLittle
    Free Member

At the moment yes…not missed a day this year yet. Admittedly some of that is 2 mile rides down to the shops, i wouldnt normally log that sort of thing but have been due to trying to keep my consecutive streak going. I realise i am a sad bastard 😀

kynasf
    Free Member

No. If I did I’d feel obliged to keep it going, or feel guilty for taking a day off. Not how I want to live. Besides, there’s too many other things to do other than ride bikes.

hardtailonly

I’d like to.

But usually manage 4-6 days per week.

Commutes (10km direct each way, often extended, taking in some trails, to 15-20km). Some weeks a midweek night ride. Most weeks a 2-3 hour ride on a Friday. Rarely now at weekends as MrsHTO working and I have the kids.

Overall feel far from hard-done-by.

Used to mix it up a lot more with running, but have only run 3 times this year (and don’t your legs suffer when you run infrequently!)

easily
    Free Member

Yes, but it sometimes it’s just a couple of km to the shops.

Akers

No. I love riding bikes, but 2-4 times a week is enough. Firstly to give the muscles a rest and do other sports/exercise, secondly I worry that if I rode more often it would be a case of too much of a good thing and I’d lose my passion for it.

garage-dweller

I ride when I can for local utility trips and sport/fun.
    My commute is too long to cycle (I train or drive) so utility stuff is much more local – family trips out, gym, shopping, pub/restaurant etc. Love it as a way to travel.

Probably twice a week on average, some weeks bikes don’t leave the shed as we’re doing other outdoor stuff and some weeks they’re out repeatedly. So long as I’m doing something else I enjoy I can live with no bikes for a week or two. Not much more though!

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Not as a regular thing, no, but when free of lurgy I might do a few weeks of daily rides mixing up power interval and easy recover rides,

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

I average 3 MTB rides a week ,which satisfies me. Usually around 80 miles worth and 8 to 9 hours of time given to it.

nickc

Same as Akers. 2-4 times a week depending on time of year.

bails

Lol no. MTB probably once a month on average (it normally involves loading up the car and doing 3-5 hours of driving), commute on road about once a week depending on weather, meetings, after work commitments.

But in the last week I’ve done two local mtb rides from home which haven’t been technical but it’s been nice to be out.

LittleNose
    Free Member

no chance of every day… I tried to do 30 days in September last year, but instead of being fun it became a chore to get out every day; then I fell off and broke myself.
    I’m riding 2-3 times a week at the moment, and always looking forward to the next time I can get out – which is how I like it.

drewd

No, once or twice a week usually. It used to be more frequent when I rode to work, but an office move stopped me commuting by bike.

funkmasterp

I ride as much as I can, but not as much as I’d like. I’m lucky to get a chance once or twice a month

Same here unfortunately. I’m at the point where I’m considering selling the current bike and getting something fun that I can ride from the door.

senorj

Not usually , but today will be day 10 of consecutive rides as I was in Cumbria last week ,so I was very greedy! Slightly tired legs at the moment but I’m loving the numbness…ha. Normally I’ll do 2 – 4 days per week depending on season,weather and opportunity.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

7 or 8 times this year.

benp1

I used to, but sadly my dog passed away. I commute to work, and do all local journeys on the bike

Still works out around 5-6 days a week I guess, but they vary between a longer journey and a short errand that might only be a few min on the bike. I often prefer to cycle than walk or drive for local stuff

fasthaggis

I commute 5 days a week.
    I don’t ride in on the days that I do night rides,this gives me a chance to swap over clothes from work.
    I will usually do a big ride on Sat or Sunday depending on family stuff.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Do you ride every day?’ is closed to new replies.