Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 83 total)
  • Do you really all wear long fingered gloves all the time?
  • coffeeking
    Free Member

Vote on the front page – my god, all the time, long fingered gloves?! Can't stand having my hands couped up unless its freezing, why would you put yourself through that?

Edric64
    Free Member

trackmitts unless its cold

ianpinder
    Free Member

Nope, full fingers with full face, then short fingered gloves with xc lid.

flamejob
    Free Member

Smaller ones just feel really weird.

…anyway, there are loads of hurty plants around here

stugus
    Free Member

full finger all the time. Both for dh and xc stuff. weird but i feel naked without them 😮

crikey
    Free Member

Long fingered when it's cold, mitts for racing, no gloves the rest of the time.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

full gloves all the time here – I have some very light ones for when its hot

rOcKeTdOg

full fingered TLD xc, coz they are the comfiest gloves i've ever worn

momo

Full finger all the time, I don't feel right with fingerless gloves (not tried them for a good few years mind) just have some very thin lightweight ones for summer.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yep. Not ridden fingerless gloves off road for at least 5 years now. It's too woody round here and you're forever getting branches and nettles slapping your hands.

allthepies
    Free Member

full fingered all year round 🙂

coffeeking
    Free Member

Cheerrristt I am the only odd one! I quite like getting slapped by plants on the way past, I find it strangely fun to come back with some cuts and grazes. Don't you all get really hot palms? What's the benefit other than reduction in plant impact severity? I mean unless you're going for long fingered DH stuff you're not going to have padding, and they give you slightly worse grip IME so can't see the benefit.
    Ah well, each to their own I suppose, I just felt like a bit of an oddity when I saw that poll!

higgo
    Free Member

Smaller ones just feel really weird

Agree.

I've always worn 'mitts' except in winter. Then I read an article telling me I really out to wear full finger gloves (particularly as I have 160mm forks) so bought a pair. Wore them for a couple of summers. Last summer I put some mitts on again but they just felt so wrong.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Fingerless. I also only wear half a helmet.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I rarely wear anything, used to use fingerless ones but eventually decided I couldn't be bothered digging them out of the cupboard and never missed them so who cares?! In mid winter it's nice to have gloves though, as you do lose the feeling in your fingers fairly quick in -10.

iDave
    Free Member

I always wear full fingered gloves but sometimes take them off for sex and cooking

samuri
    Free Member

Full fingered all the time, including on the track.
    Try coming off when going fast with fingerless, that'll learn ya.

Same reason I wear baggies on a road bike, you only need to ride home once with your genitals hanging out after a crash to teach you that lesson.

_tom_
    Free Member

I don't always wear gloves but regretted it last time I was riding when it was boiling as my grips were so slippy from the sweat. And I don't feel so safe/confident knowing my palms are gonna get torn up if I come off.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Try coming off when going fast with fingerless, that'll learn ya.

My fingers don't end up damaged after crashes, normally it's the heel of my hand that gets it?

I refuse to wear baggies as they catch on my saddle and make life hell in traffic. Offroad Im' fine with it lol.

epicsteve
    Free Member

Full-fingered all the time here as well. I've used fingerless gloves in the past but didn't like them.

samuri
    Free Member

My fingers don't end up damaged after crashes, normally it's the heel of my hand that gets it?

Luck then I guess. I've had my fingers properly mangled after a rather nasty crash in Wales. I fell onto a load of gravel with my hands outstretched and it shredded each finger. Didn't fancy going through that again. If your arse is ahem, as muscular as mine you fill baggies properly thus reducing the chances of saddle interference.

chiefgrooveguru

Fingerless for the summer because I already owned some from when I used to bike commute in London, and every time I found a bargain lightweight full-fingered glove online they were sold out in my size…

coffeeking
    Free Member

If your arse is ahem, as muscular as mine you fill baggies properly thus reducing the chances of saddle interference.

To get baggies that are not tight on my thighs I have to have a very baggy waist and arse area in them 🙁

oldgit
    Free Member

Full, mitt or none depending.

samuri
    Free Member

Us powerhouses, we have a cross to bear that others can't even begin to understand.

miaowing_kat
    Free Member

yup, always! even about town, when not riding. I am always cold though..

mmb
    Free Member

whenever riding,always long finger gloves

cinnamon_girl

Full-fingered all year. Fed up with nail varnish getting chipped when I do trail maintenance. 🙄

oldgit
    Free Member

Turtle Doves.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Full finger but fairly lightweight. Can't say I find them particularly hot, maybe I'm not as sensitive as others…

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Full fingers all year around, I wouldn't use anything but, Fox Digit's have thin sides to let air in, they are ace. Plus fingerless are roadie esque too 😉 LOL

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Always full finger here. Never got on with fingerless.

nickc

Troy Lee XC all year off road*, mix of half fingered no gloves and full fingers on the road bike.

* mostly ride in the woods, like PP it's just easier, wonder if that has a bearing on it?

uplink
    Free Member

First chance I get – I'm using fingerless gloves
    Not had full fingered gloves on for a month or so now

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

have 2 pairs of full finger – winter warm ones and summer lightweight ones.

still have a pair of fingerless gloves, but they have quite thick padding on the palm, and on my bars ATM i have quite thick grips and it wasnt comfortable with the extra padding of the half finger gloves.

zaskar
    Free Member

Not in summer I won't!

Lifer
    Free Member

Full finger all the time, because of a previous bad crash

igm

Short fingered gloves are for Steptoe and son

IanMunro
    Free Member

Short fingered most of the time. Luckily I'm an awesome rider, so crashing or hitting undergrowth isn't an issue for me.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

That's debatable Ian .. could just be said taht you aren't pushing yourself to the limits 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 83 total)

The topic ‘Do you really all wear long fingered gloves all the time?’ is closed to new replies.