Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • do you need the paper part of driving license to rent a car in spain?
  • soonback
    Free Member

off to spain next week and can’t find the paper part of my license,if i hire a car over the internet will i need it?

anyone had any recent experience ?

cheers

RobHilton
    Free Member

Technically yes, in practice possibly not – the Spanish are often quite laid back about such things.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Went to Majorca about a month ago and didnt plan on hiring a car so only had the plastic part in my wallet, it didnt seem to matter.

Edit: don’t know about online

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I’ve never needed it, even when renting in the UK. Always have it with me just in case though.

andermt
    Free Member

As above, I’ve hired cars from 3 of the main companies at Barcelona Airport over the last few months (Avis, Europcar & Sixt) and none of them have asked for the paper part (although like wobbliscott I do carry it).

However beware of the ‘cheaper’ car hire companies who will be looking for any excuse to up the price.

footflaps

Plastic card is all they ask for in Europe.

hjghg5
    Free Member

Last time I hired one, I didn’t need it. It was a little back street place in a resort rather than a big company online though.

br
    Free Member

Last time I hired a car in Spain my wife had forgotten her licence, but as I had mine they were happy for both of us to drive.

And the plastic has your picture on.

jim33
    Free Member

i have just come back from ibiza and they asked to see both parts of the licence, best to take both than get there and realise you may need it

wilhay
    Free Member

I was refused in Madrid Avis ( Atocha station) as I didnt have the paper part..always have it with me now..

monkey_boy
    Free Member

I didnt when i went last year, (malaga)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘do you need the paper part of driving license to rent a car in spain?’ is closed to new replies.