Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Do you maintain any geo-caches?
  • buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Just curious

sc-xc

I did, had 4 in the UK and 1 in France. Have archived them now as it got a bit too much….abusive emails from hardcore geocachers about how I should be doing this or that…

unklehomered
    Free Member

abusive emails from hardcore geocachers about how I should be doing this or that…

really?

I thought it was just something to do with kids for a bit of fun…

PiknMix
    Free Member

Geo catchers can get very angsty!

unklehomered
    Free Member

is the built up tension of constantly looking for stuff they can’t find? To be fair locating my car keys can make me grumpy. Not something I’d do for fun.

Cougar

I had cause to Google Alan Solomon (of “Doctor Solomon’s Anti-Virus” fame) a little while ago and it turns out he’s one of the world’s most prolific Geocachers.

</random pointless fact of the day>

bentandbroken

I (we) maintained 7 until last weekend when we archived them all. Initially a brilliant bit of fun and very exciting for the little ones (lots of nice comments about the locations/circular walk almost every weekend)

However a local got fed up with people walking on the bridleway near their house and things got very nasty quite quickly (no details, but I will probably be looking for the details of the local ROW officer in the near future if some of the latest ‘reports’ are accurate)

Sad thing is it was actually the local ramblers doing a walk past their house that started things

EDIT – No grief from Geocachers until several were ‘destroyed’ and I was not quick enough to ‘temporarily disable’ the caches. Even then it was just gentle reminders

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Do you maintain any geo-caches?’ is closed to new replies.