Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Do you live near an electricity pylon…
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

What sort of pylon are we talking about?

We have a wooden pole at the end of the driveway, the wayleave paperwork says electricity but I actually think it’s the phone so I wonder if we could get that twice 🤣 doesn’t bother me in the slightest other than I’m not able to plant trees to block the view of the road.

OTOH there are proper pylons over the sailing club and they’re enough to drive you nuts if you’re hanging around under them. Noisy, and everything gives you massive induced or static jolts. But that only happens if you’re under them, the other end of the boat park is fine.

So if we’re talking metal pylons in the middle of the garden, nope, I wouldn’t want to live there. If they’re off the property I’d not be bothered at all. But I’d be bothered less in a town center terrace with other noises going on and no garden than I would be in a big country farmhouse where it would be all you could hear and it’d be irritating every time you put the washing pole up.

Cougar

i used to know someone who had lines over their street. They had an unusually high cases of lukemia on that street.

Did they? How many cases? What’s the usual figure, for comparison?

Happy to be wrong of course, but I smell folklore here.

I still remember that conference call and us wondering if it was a wind-up or if they were being serious…

That’s surely straight out of the BOFH excuse generator. https://bofh.d00t.org/

BillOddie

Just make sure you don’t live near a 5G Mast, they are INSTANT DEATH if the campaigns round my way are to believed.

I’m sure it hasn’t got anything to do with them being a bit ugly and house prices…

edhornby

the only reason I wouldn’t buy one is that it may take a while to get someone to buy off you when you eventually sell. I don’t believe any of this health risk cobblers, the evidence would have been found by now if it really was an issue.

footflaps

i used to know someone who had lines over their street. They had an unusually high cases of lukemia on that street.

Cancer clusters (or any disease) are fascinating things. By their very nature cancer isn’t perfectly evenly distrobuted, so you will always get hot spots.

The cancer clusters near Sellafield are a case in point, endlessly investigated and nothing found, although some interesting hypotheses eg population-mixing being a potential underlying cause.

Sellafield, radiation and childhood cancer – shedding light on cancer clusters near nuclear sites

poly
    Free Member

Sadly the odds of you neice getting cancer are rather high. That doesn’t mean the powerline will have anything to do with it.

thols2

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Do you live near an electricity pylon…’ is closed to new replies.