Viewing 31 posts - 121 through 151 (of 151 total)
  • Do you ignore certain contributers to this forum?
  • Cougar

Never ceases to amaze me when people complain about thread content; how tedious the same old conversations about politics / football / wheel sizes are. Reading every thread on the forum isn’t mandatory, if you don’t like it then just don’t open it.

I’m one of those guilty of largely frequenting the chat forum over the bike forum. The reasoning for me is that I’m just that knowledgeable about bikes, so whilst I might lurk and read I rarely have much to contribute.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

wrecker – Member

I went for a ride with the OP once. Nice chap.

That’s very kind of you to say so, but I’m now worried about why you felt the need to stick up for me, just what did scotroutes say before it got moderated ? 😕 (A synopsis will suffice 😉 )

Cheers.

scotroutes

Oi! It wasn’t me that was modded. 🙂

compositepro
    Free Member

there is one thing it does make me wonder …same names on every thread where do they find the time to ride a bike STW gets 10 bazillion visits a day but are they unique or are 2million from one of the 5 people who are in everythread ………

maybe it the old adage those that can do those that can’t teach

khani
    Free Member

I just tend to read & reply to comments or threads regardless of who’s posted it. I don’t tend to take much notice of the name of the person who’s posted it, it’s the content that’s important. I also find that it doesn’t really matter, you could have a blinding argument with someone over one topic & then be agreeing with them over another. Just like life!

This ^^^ though I try not to get involved in certain types of threads as I come here for some light relief not to sort the world out..

chewkw
    Free Member

Do you ignore certain contributers to this forum?

No. I listen or read most of the contribution unless they are celebrities worshiping related.

matther01
    Free Member

If the thread looks interesting and i have something to offer then will regardless of the OP.

Some peoples comments irritate me…but sure its the same for others with me.

Not many folks on here are overly aggressive or abusive which is a nicety compared to other mainstream forums.

What would make for a good thread would be who you pay attention to or value their opinion the most.

danielgroves
    Free Member

Four pages and no mention of me *wipes brow*

TheSanityAssassin

cynic-al – Member

There’s a few I SHOULD avoid

I like the chat on here, I’ve been into bikes/trade enough to have seen most of the conversations before and not to be interested in “this year’s new amazing new products”. However there is some great bike (and other) knowledge on here.

rOcKeTdOg – Member
    blimey, I’ve got a few whose threads I never open

How do I get on that list?

Optimistic assumption that you’re not, Al. 😆

anagallis_arvensis

But it’s likely that some people interested in politics will refrain from getting involved in threads on here because they’re always dominated by the same old blowhards.

Its the same with the rugby thread 😳 😳 😳

I ignore Zokes, otherwise I get banned.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

No

scuzz
    Free Member

I love you all equally

mightymule
    Free Member

The place is a hotbed of undiagnosed personality disorders tbh

I resent that comment. And so do all my imaginary friends.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Its the same with the rugby thread 😳

Same here. Fun to watch it being played, but I find talking about it as stimulating as packaging sold objects for ebay.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Sanity Assassin – I wish!

Recent evidence suggests otherwise.

Kryton57

mightymule – Member
    The place is a hotbed of undiagnosed personality disorders tbh

I resemble that comment.

rOcKeTdOg

cynic-al – Member
    There’s a few I SHOULD avoid
    I like the chat on here, I’ve been into bikes/trade enough to have seen most of the conversations before and not to be interested in “this year’s new amazing new products”. However there is some great bike (and other) knowledge on here.
    rOcKeTdOg – Member
    blimey, I’ve got a few whose threads I never open
    How do I get on that list?

Uh oh, the ego has landed

AdamW
    Free Member

No, I look at the thread title and see if it interests me. I can always learn new stuff from seeing what others have written.

Though I’m doing my best to avoid political/religious threads now. It’s all been said. Hard though, especially after a glass of Armagnac. 😀

RustySpanner

Do you ignore certain contributers to this forum?

There are two or three that I don’t paricuarly like, based completely on their internet persona.
    I’m sure they’re very nice in real life – they certainly can’t be the world class bellends they appear to be on here – someone would have killed them by now. 😀

I do try and avoid them, but sometimes I just can’t help it.

However, I do know that someone really, really can’t stand me, because they told me so. 🙂
    Shame really, they seem very nice on here and apart from the bellends mentioned above, I can’t remember ever trying to be deliberately offensive to anyone.

CountZero

As jekkyl sez. I look at the title, open it if it looks interesting, carry on if it is interesting, close it if it isn’t. It’s rare indeed that I actually even notice who the OP is.
    And these days I rarely ride my bikes, because I injured my knee falling off, the injury isn’t getting better, and I’m afraid of falling off again and exacerbating it. None of my bikes needs updating, although I’d put 650b wheels on the hardtails if they didn’t have wishbone stays, but I have nothing to change, nothing to contribute to the bike forum, and the chat forum keeps me entertained enough.
    Anyone who’s put out by members who only seem to contribute to the chat forum, never the bike forum, should get out on their bike, and have a quiet word with themselves, as really, it’s none of their business.

cynic-al
    Free Member

RD – you are GOOD at being annoying, well done!

Money where your mouth is and stop trolling my threads.

rOcKeTdOg

This is your thread? ❓

Pigface
    Free Member

If the thread is a multi pager about a contentious subject you can guarantee the usual suspects will be present and will be beating their chests. There are a few regulars on here who can come out with some utter piffle, and it isn’t gender specific.

yunki
    Free Member

I’m a pretty **** ace guy, and I wouldn’t be at all surprised to learn that a lot of users only come online to check my posts exclusively..

I only read what cynic_al has posted, everyone else is on killfile

piemonster

I’ve just realised I do ignore one contributor. No one that’s posted on this thread I think.

Pompous, arrogant, patronising, and with a propensity for looking down on a whole nation of people. Not sure how I’d forgotten tbh. Probably because it doesn’t actually matter.

None of the above may be true, it could easily just be me reading it wrong.

hilldodger
    Free Member

Since the “death of the big hitters” it’s all pretty much beigetrackworld these days 🙁
    Apart from Sharki’s nature threads and Jamie’s photoshopping the rest all blurs into a collage of middle class angst, personal problems and high end kitchen accessories.

camo16
    Free Member

Since the “death of the big hitters” it’s all pretty much beigetrackworld these days

+1. Except it’s not beige, it has to be slaked lime.

I like most folk on here. Not sure there’s anyone I’d consciously avoid. But the ‘meh’ does outgun the ‘hell yeah’ these days IMO. 🙁

Houns

thegreatape – Member
    Jamie – Member
    I try to avoid anything by Druidh, as I find him to be a bit of a dick.
    However, I really like that scotroutes chap. Seems to have his head screwed on the right way.

Er, I hate to tell you this……

…but druidh was an excellent contributor to the forum. Newer members likes scotroutes just aren’t in his league. IMO.

POSTED 1 DAY AGO # REPORT-POST

They are both dicks 😡

gofasterstripes – Member
    I love the noise of the raw internet.

That has to be the biggest load of jism I have ever read on here, and that includes my posts

SaxonRider

hilldodger – Member

…the rest all blurs into a collage of middle class angst, personal problems and high end kitchen accessories.

Sounds like the pitch for a decent post-watershed TV show. And for that reason, I’m in. 😀

Jamie
    Free Member

Sounds like the pitch for a decent post-watershed TV show. And for that reason, I’m in.

STW and the City?

fasthaggis

STW and the City?

Only available in Canada 🙂

Viewing 31 posts - 121 through 151 (of 151 total)

The topic ‘Do you ignore certain contributers to this forum?’ is closed to new replies.