Do you go to dinner parties?

Viewing 4 posts - 121 through 124 (of 124 total)
  • Do you go to dinner parties?
  • dragon

Odd that people think of them as somewhere to brag about money. I’ve always thought dinner parties are ideal for when you need to save money, or can’t get out, for whatever reason (i guess kids mostly!).

Still if anyone wants awkward silence at one, how about wife cooking nibbles waiting for her husband to turn up so she can dish out the main, then when he rocks up it is with the unforgettable comment ‘Sorry I’m late I was with the mistress’. Not sure how long the silence lasted after that, but it felt like a very long time.

trouble with ‘people coming round for tea*’ is they dont when to eff off.

ive been known to slip into my pyjamas or start hoovering so they would get the message.

*northern for dinner party

MrSmith

We had some neighbours over for dinner only last week, it was an eclectic mix including a Pure Maths Reader from Cambridge Uni, two PhD students a single Lesbian Mum with daughter….

did you then have a dinner party this week just so you could announce “We had some neighbours over for dinner only last week, it was an eclectic mix including a Pure Maths Reader from Cambridge Uni, two PhD students a single Lesbian Mum with daughter….which was nice”

Viewing 4 posts - 121 through 124 (of 124 total)

The topic ‘Do you go to dinner parties?’ is closed to new replies.