Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Do you get the urge to keep riding…
  • oldgit
    Free Member

and not stopping or turning back?

I do. Often wonder how far I could go with a bit of cash, some spares and lights. Only thing is I don’t think my missus would come and get me.

DT78
    Free Member

Sounds like you need to plan a LEJOG…

GaryLake
    Free Member

Well I’m doing this in the summer, I’m hoping I make it as far as Cardiff 😉

http://wc2c.cyclistno1.co.uk/

AndrewJ
    Free Member

Ah you’re doing Dave’s route, excellent. Good luck with it!

robsoctane
    Free Member

I stick to the plan but when I get back I feel so energised that normally I think – I could do that again! I’m blessed with local rough beauties of single-tracks but I’m also blessed with a family that wants me in the house/about them.

Could I ask for anything more????

GaryLake
    Free Member

Yep, Dave’s an inspiring bloke for sure!

jameso

Yeah, but if I really followed that urge I would be gone for a couple of years )

franksinatra

I feel like that every morning on the ride to work

My uncle used to tell me stories about when he was on his apprentiship as a tool maker. Each week, the lads on the shop floor would pool together their lunch money then take it in turns to go off on an adventure. The rules were that you could only spend the pooled lunch money and you had to be back for work on monday morning. He got to Berlin and back once on a lorry delivering turnips.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Must admit, since I got my 5 I often feel like doing ‘another lap’. However the legs usually say otherwise.

AndrewJ
    Free Member

Yep, Dave’s an inspiring bloke for sure!

He sure is! I think you met another mate of mine today too Gary, Huw Thomas who is riding for Niner?

antigee

My uncle used to tell me stories about when he was on his apprentiship as a tool maker. Each week, the lads on the shop floor would pool together their lunch money then take it in turns to go off on an adventure. The rules were that you could only spend the pooled lunch money and you had to be back for work on monday morning. He got to Berlin and back once on a lorry delivering turnips.

that’s a great story

sturmey
    Free Member

franksinatra +1, your uncles idea sounds fantastic.

wors

Brilliant, wish there was more ‘characters’ about like this.

GaryLake
    Free Member

I think you met another mate of mine today too Gary, Huw Thomas who is riding for Niner?

Yep, I know Huw, I arranged their photoshoot with Seb Rogers at Cwmcarn yesterday!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Do you get the urge to keep riding…’ is closed to new replies.