Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Do you ever feel filled with energy and creativity?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

I feel that way now, but not much can come of it what with work and all.

I think I will leave extra early tomorrow on my commute and bring my camera.

robsoctane
    Free Member

It takes me 2 hours & 3 coffee’s to wake up but once I’m there, I’m always full of energy – or caffeine!
    😯

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

with the project i’ve been working on, hell yes! very stoked with the results especially as i’ve had to learn a host of new skills along the way.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

p.s. but i do need a decent caffietiere or two to get really rolling… he says say luxuriating in the post lunch caffietiere glow as i delve back into website construction.

molgrips
    Free Member

What’s the project?

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

I’m full of energy and dying to go for a hard run or mtb ride but making myself rest today…i still have the remains of a cough from a stupid hard effort at my first crit race on thursday (not helped by then riding 250odd miles, some with TSY, on fri and sat) 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

DG you seem hardcore!

I felt a bit crappy this morning until a roadie passed me at some lights on the way to work. I sped up and caught his wheel at a fairly decent pace, then I decide it was my turn for the lead.. Well made about 5 minutes before dying on my arse 🙂

Three_Fish
    Free Member

The exception for me is feeling lethargic and uncreative. Taking my time getting from one place to the next – literally and figuratively – and finding things to enjoy along the way, helps me maintain this. We are what we do and what we love, and if we doing tiring, uncreative things, then we become tired and uncreative.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Lol. It was a good adventure 🙂 Crit racing was the worst experience ever, hated every minute of it. Worst thing is i wanted to use it to set new hr zones and the battery went dead on the start 😡 However, i averaged 19.63mph (the .63 is very important! 🙂 ) for it which is a pb for me i think, despite leaving me with the worst cough ever. Hows the diet going?

redthunder
    Free Member

Solved that code yet ?

molgrips
    Free Member

if we doing tiring, uncreative things, then we become tired and uncreative

True. Weirdly I have found buying a camera has helped. Well not just the buying – I had it for 6 months or so thinking ‘oh, is that it?’ before I started to become inspired by it.

Also a change in my eating and riding (thanks for this 🙂 ) has helped a lot, plus it’s summer, I’ve got sunshine, a family, a caravan, an MTB and the Alps down the road so it’s all go. Bavaria has blossomed most beautifully since February 🙂

Why was crit racing bad? I always thought it sounded a lot like MTB racing 🙂 Have you done any of that btw? Sounds like you’d place very well.

Diet – well, same old really. Should be back at 85kg at the end of the week after the Easter trip. Pushing back the ‘I’ve not weighed this much since’ date all the time.

Solved that code yet ?

Yep. The answer is GGHCJ CCD JFID KKDLDJ HHDJKD. Let me know when you’ve decoded that 🙂

spacemonkey

Yep, totally full of energy, vitality and creativity right now.

Consistent workouts, whether they be biking/running etc give me what I refer to as “a spring in my step” where I feel ‘lighter’ and fitter/healthier. I get grumpy if I’m not exercising regularly enough.

Creativity stems from a lot of things IME. My work is creative so that’s one outlet. Plus right now I’m revisiting the book that I’ve been writing on and off since 2004. Currently on a roll and getting loads done. Having said that, a key contributing factor has been the missus and little monkey remaining oop north with family while I’m back down sarf churning out the word count.

molgrips
    Free Member

Consistent workouts

I need variety. I did the same stuff for years and got utterly bored of it. And it stopped working.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Why was crit racing bad? I always thought it sounded a lot like MTB racing Have you done any of that btw? Sounds like you’d place very well

[quote] I don’t think its really my thing…laps round a flat course doesn’t really suit me. Didn’t help that when the race began the women in front of me struggled to get clipped in so i couldn’t even get in the pack from the start which meant i was on my own the whole time. I learnt a lot, but probably not doing another one unless my team mates enter too. Weird experience, seemed totally about lungs rather than legs (hence the nasty cough but legs feeling fine). Haven’t xc raced, just done some meridas, some 10 unders and one sxc not long after i started riding…could be tempted at some point, but so many sports to do, so little time to fit it all in – starting running this week, and climbing again as well!

TSY was asking if he’d missed photos of the new new month yet? I’m on day two of a big health kick, no sugar cravings so far but its easy as the sun is shining and i’m happy 🙂

spacemonkey

I need variety. I did the same stuff for years and got utterly bored of it.

Same here, but I have loads of different routes/sections/trails/areas to explore (mainly North Downs, Surrey Hills and South Downs) so there’s nearly always enough variety to prevent boredom settling in.

Used to do gym stuff but that just did my head in – much prefer being outside.

EDIT: are you referring to workouts as in gym sessions? I’m referring to biking/running.

molgrips
    Free Member

Definitely XC MTB. It’s probably like crit racing in so far as it’s all out, but there’s fun singletrack too 🙂

I must do a crit sometime, and a road race. Oh and track racing. And maybe I’ll enter a DH one day 🙂

EDIT: and a triathlon. And an adventure race.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

I think if the crit had some ups in it, i’d have been happier as i like climbing. Trying track riding in July. Just need to do a TT and thats me ticked all the roadie boxes i wanted to this year! I want to do duathlon, and an adventure race too. The ride with TSY on sat took a lot longer than we thought, so we had to ride about 50miles in the dark home – road night riding is sooo much fun! I think an epic audax might have to be added to the list!

molgrips
    Free Member

Well when we do SITS you can compete for lap times to get a flavour of XC racing 🙂

I worked with a bloke who did epic audaxes. Made solo Mayhems look like a long hot bath, with bubbles.

EDIT: one was called Mille Cymru. A THOUSAND KM! Holy crap. All in one go!

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Being creative is my job. Nothing I’ve done gives better job satisfaction than seeing results.

molgrips
    Free Member

Being creative technically is my job. But I am never stretched…

_tom_
    Free Member

Been feeling a bit rubbish and tired this weekend for some reason – missed two mtb rides thanks to sleeping through my alarm 😕 Feels like I may have a cold coming on! Still a bit of creativity though as I really fancy playing guitar today, hopefully the rubbish feeling will create some good music!

molgrips
    Free Member

I had to leave my guitar at home when coming to Germany because of space issues – and I forgot it when coming back this time 🙁

brooess
    Free Member

Often. My desire be energetic has plenty of outlets and feelings of achievement: biking, running, swimming, gym, core strength etc. My desire to be creative rarely delivers the results I’d like to, but that’s partly because my job is wrong for me (one place where I enjoy being creative) and partly because I don’t persevere as I do with the energy stuff, I have less confidence in my creative talents and tend to give up more easily as a result…

redthunder
    Free Member

@molgrips

Yep. The answer is GGHCJ CCD JFID KKDLDJ HHDJKD. Let me know when you’ve decoded that

You should claim your reward from the FBI 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

Exercise can bore me rigid when it’s not interesting. I don’t get a big endorphin high very often.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Do you ever feel filled with energy and creativity?’ is closed to new replies.