Do you come here often?

Home Forum Bike Forum Do you come here often?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Do you come here often?
  • Premier Icon bruneep
    Subscriber

more than you looking at your history

wukfit

I’m on here all day on and off, but don’t post very often as I have nothing constructive to say (this doesn’t stop everyone) or it’s already been said

Despite what you may have been hoping for, this is not a seedy chat up-thread or some other tenuously linked theme Sorry to disappoint.

Actually I genuinely want to know if there is a way to “rank” people who post on this form, based on the total number of posts made, lets say over the past year?

Basically I have a bit of an idea/experiment Id like to try but first of all I need to pick a dozen or so of the people who spend quite a lot of time hanging around these parts!

Alternatively, feel free to PM me or even do a bit of finger pointing! (Logically speaking if you are indeed one of the STW forum mega-dons who I seek, you are probably already reading this message).

By the way, this is not a scam, spam, attempt to come and find and then kill you and assume your fake identity, or anything else similarly dodgy! 🙂

Thanks.

wordnumb

By the way, this is not a scam, spam, attempt to come and find and then kill you and assume your fake identity, or anything else similarly dodgy!

Exactly what a scamming, spamming murderer would say. But to answer your question: I’m never here. You didn’t see me.

wordnumb – you win! (so far). Mail coming your way. One of the dirty dozen down, 12 to go. Come on you lot.

bruneep – yes, alas I dont get on here much at all any more. I used to (13 years ago) spend most of my work day in the office dreaming about mountain biking. Best I could manage was hanging out on STW an TALKING about biking (instead of doing the work I was paid to do). I suspect that’s what most people here thesedays are still doing, unless things have changed an awful lot?

anyway, by about 5 to 7 years after that, all of a sudden I was too busy AT work with REAL work, to have much time at all to come on to STW any more during work time. Outside of work, biking was still as important, but other crap sucked up my time too much that I had no spare time to come on here much. And if I did have time (outside of work) Id rather be actually biking than merely talking about it.

about 10 years after the start of this sorry tale, I was too tired after a day in the office to go riding after work, (or still IN the office so long that I had no time left!) and at weekends I had other “important” pressures like going to the latest christening / baby shower / other halves’ mates dog’s birthday party or something equally as exciting.

Not long after getting to that stage – I pressed the reset button on life in general.

Thesedays I live in the Alps for half of the year and of no fixed abode for the other half. I ride whenever I fancy. Not that I sit around with nothing to do EXCEPT go biking. But I never have to sit at a computer merely thinking about it any more, thank god. But as a result, I still don’t spend much time on here that much because, well, I would probably just piss everyone else off and come across as bragging about riding all the tale.

ricky1

I’m on here everyday,not all day but I’ll pop on and have a look before and after work

z1ppy

Actually I genuinely want to know if there is a way to “rank” people who post on this form, based on the total number of posts made, lets say over the past year?

The magazine (site owners) used to have a listing of the top posters, but I think they stopped it, as all that happened was the ‘some ppl’ posted inane rubbish on every thread* to get into the top 10

*Just like it is today really, without the top 10.

bencooper

I remember the combination of shame and pride when I made that list.

danielgroves

I’m student with procrastination needs, so I spend a fair amount of time on here. Tend to login at least once or twice a day unless I’m away (such as last week).

Premier Icon rOcKeTdOg
    Subscriber

I once made number 10 on that list, it was even printed in the mag, sadly my proudest moment 🙄

rOcKeTdOg – you also win! (Simply because I actually REMEMBER you from many, many moons ago). Now THAT is quite an achievement – my memory isn’t the best thesedays…….you really must have posted a serious amount of crAp in your earlier forum years…..!

I’d send you a PM right now if I could actually work out how to achieve that…….

Premier Icon tomhoward
    Subscriber

Good luck with that…

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

I’m just here because I work from home….

Premier Icon mboy
    Subscriber

Anyone here remember the heady days of Big Mike AKA Mike? He used to be number 1 or 2 in that list almost every month!

How times have changed… He lives round the corner from me and still see him occasionally, but these days instead of being at college about 10 hours a week and on here the rest of the time, he’s a chef and works about 14 hours a day most days, 6 days a week!

I used to post quite a bit, invariably it was mostly when I was between jobs. These days, post a lot less, certainly don’t fall into the category of big hitters though I’ve been around here for a loooooong time (since 2002 I think) and have seen most of them come and go.

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

I never leave. So it’s just as well I’m so brilliant

If a picture says a thousand words, barnes or jamie win

Premier Icon rOcKeTdOg
    Subscriber

I went riding in the wyre with big Mike aka Mike & his Surly instigator, shame he’s not riding anymore

Premier Icon Matt24k
    Subscriber

I log on at least once most days but I don’t post much. Once you get past some of the ego’s, weirdo’s and other derogatory o types it’s much more like mumsnet than a just an mtb forum.
    It’s a good source of info, not all of which is BS, and makes me feel more attached to the bike I seldom get to ride as I currently work on a boat somewhere in the Indian Ocean.

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

I currently work on a boat somewhere in the Indian Ocean.

Found a plane yet?

Premier Icon njee20
    Subscriber

I never saw the top 10, but now I’m idly curious if I ever made it. Suspect not, don’t get involved in the mammoth chat threads enough!

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

You had to post a lot to make the top 10 but if you posted as the same number of posts now as then you’d not make the top 10 I’d have thought. There’s some on here who are almost on 24/7.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Do you come here often?’ is closed to new replies.