• This topic has 52 replies, 44 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Yak.
Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Do you carry a pump?
  • zezaskar
    Free Member

Belt and suspenders for me: 100% of the time I carry a reasonable pump, a tube and CO2

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

What pumps are you call carrying though? Which are small enough to be handy and decent enough to pump up a flat tyre to decent pressure?

Which are sturdy enough to last for years, and will not undo your valve core when you detach it (I’m looking at you, Lezyne).

Recommendations?

Oh, also DezB, what is a

shiny hole plugger

?

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

(and to answer the question, lately I’ve been carrying 2 spare tubes and a pump, after experiencing a double-tubeless disaster on flint and a very long walk/hitch home in the rain)

wors

What pumps are you call carrying though?

I’ve just ordered a Topeak pocket master blaster, I shall report back with my thoughts

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

I’ve just ordered a Topeak pocket master blaster, I shall report back with my thoughts

Considering the same, be interested in your report.

I’ve just bought a JoeBlow Booster for the workshop, it is an awesome piece of kit.

aide

Usually carry a pump with me. Hardly ever need to use it but used it last weekend when my tubeless must have burped halfway down the hill, meant a quick inflate and i could carry on again

zezaskar
    Free Member

I use an 8 year old SKS Injex Lite pump. It’s on the big side, quite unfashionable, but seems to be impervious to water, mud and dust and pumps really well.
    I’ve tried some sleeker smaller pumps meanwhile, but they all seem to either be just awful at what they do or just fall apart from exposure.

concrete24
    Free Member

What pumps are you call carrying though?

Lezyne Pressure Drive Mini for regular 2-3 hour rides (no pack) and Topeak Morph Turbo Mini for the now rare occasions i’m out for the day. Both date from 2007 and going strong!

andybrad

tube pump and co2 you need the co2 if youve taken a tubless tire off the rim.

ive got a leynze alloy drive pump but its just a smidge too big. anyone suggest something smaller for 29×2.6 rubber?

Northwind

Dorset_Knob

What pumps are you call carrying though? Which are small enough to be handy and decent enough to pump up a flat tyre to decent pressure?

Truflo Minitrack. Won’t fit in a pocket though. It’s ace- telescopes but can also be used just as a single stage for higher pressure. It will unscrew a loose valve, to be fair, but not a properly fitted one.

Bigmantrials

Modified a Oneup bottle cage mount to zip tie under my top tube, so I always have a pump with me.

View this post on Instagram

Always been one for a little customisation, I've modified my @oneupcomponents pump mount so that it could be mounted under the top tube and get the pump out my pockets! Keen to see how it holds up. . . . . #custom #oneupcomponents #edc #minipump #multitool #lastbikes #mtblife #lifebehindbars #29er

A post shared by Adam 'Bigman' Phillips (@ajphillips86) on

zoo200
    Free Member

CO2 on the road bike and hand pump on the MTB, the hand pump doubles as a shock pump!

Yak

Yeah, mostly. Xc race might be just a co2, or nothing. Bikepark – nothing as they have a trackpump in the cabin. Rest of the time, yeah a small leyzne pump.

Riding with kids – everything! Bigger Blackburn mammoth, tubes for all wheel sizes, tools galore, big pack for the inevitable clothes layers on and off.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Do you carry a pump?’ is closed to new replies.