Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • do we have a definitive answer on the sub £50 helmet light question?
  • reggiegasket
    Free Member

I’m sorted for a bar-mounted light (Lumicycle XPG) but I fancy a helmet mounted spot. Something with quite a tight beam (Hope Vision1 style) and maybe 200-300 lumens. In other words, a secondary light rather than a main one.

bigjim

I use a £12 DX torch in a Joystick holder, which has replaced my joystick.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I’ve ordered a cheapo ebay jobbie that’s meant to be 300 lumens, not sure how good it’ll be when it turns up though. 🙂 It was only 7 quid with postage.

Fishbone
    Free Member

I have got one of these http://www.dealextreme.com/p/ultrafire-p10-r5-cree-xr-g-r5-5-mode-350-lumen-memory-led-flashlight-1-18650-904442972
    fits in a Exposure jostick helmet mount. A friend has a new Joystick, which is brighter, but not a lot in it, great for the money, UK stock aswell, looks like they are out of stock at the moment?

z1ppy

Soma has what I believe is the definitive answer, could try the Dealextreme UK warehouse for quicker delivery, or pay extra to get one from a UK supplier (quicker delivery & support)

curlie467
    Free Member

I’ve ordered a cheapo ebay jobbie that’s meant to be 300 lumens, not sure how good it’ll be when it turns up though. It was only 7 quid with postage.

I have something along the same lines as a spare and to be fair it is actually quite good!

shedbrewed
    Free Member

What about head torches for those of us who prefer not to ride with a helmet? Any worthwhile tat out there?

snotrag

Not quite in budget, but I picked up an Exposure Spark for £59.99 the other week…. its very, very nice, and works excellently as a secondary helmet light.

bigjim

I have the same as Fishbone, though I thought mine was an XP-E. Anyway its super small and light and better than my MkII Joystick. I hate having lights connected to cables and battery packs on my head so the other ones are ruled out for me, there are XML torches that will fit in the Joystick holder but the XPE is bright enough for me.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I fancy a torch version really, rather than headlight+cable+battery type.

Is there a UK seller of fishbone’s P10 torch? (or equivalent)

dufresneorama
    Free Member

It would be nice if someone on here, maybe smudge or the chap on about £110 for the 2000 lumens light. Order in (after research and the opinions of STWers) a bulk load of batteries, chargers, helmet mounts and lights put’s them all together in a package and sells them to us.

Or is there such a package we can buy in the uk already?

Janesy
    Free Member

shedbrewed – Member

What about head torches for those of us who prefer not to ride with a helmet? Any worthwhile tat out there?

Well you should 😉

rusty90
    Free Member

How about one of these ? £14.95 from UK seller.

foxyrider
    Free Member

How about a Lezyne Powerdrive – bit over budget unless you can use a voucher code? 300 lumens – £RRP 79.99

Supposed to fit the Xposure helmet mounts.

xcgb
    Free Member

So thats a no to the OP then!

Del

one of these – probably very similar to soma’s
    i got the 5 mode one.
    i run it with the triple XPG unit i converted from a lumi HID head. it’s a great match. does me well on a mid-week ride. i turn it off or down for fire roads and just use it mainly on techy stuff. one battery lasts well when used this way, in conjunction with my bar light.
    the torch, batteries, and charger cost about 40 quid, and turned up in a few days.
    don’t be afraid of buying from china. they’re in business like anyone else, and want happy customers.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

okay, I’ve ordered the ultrafire P10 from DX and a charger+batteries from thephotonshop so we’ll see how that goes.

Now for a helmet mount….

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘do we have a definitive answer on the sub £50 helmet light question?’ is closed to new replies.