Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Do we ever stop growing?
  • aa
    Free Member

Physically.

In my 20’s i wore a size 43 trainer.
    Then, shoes were made smaller and I needed a 44, which is what i’ve been wearing for donkeys years.
    Now, my toes are touching the end of my cycling shoes (i have cut my toe nails….).
    I also refuse to accept i’m a 35” waist!
    Do we continue to grow into the grave?

glupton1976
    Free Member

When you get fat, your feet also get fat. Sort it out chubby. 😉

coolhandluke
    Free Member

When you die, your hair and finger nails keep growing (apparently) so I guess we don’t stop growing when were alive.

glenh
    Free Member

Your feet ‘grow’ because your arches stretch and collapse over the years.
    Your waist grows due to cake.

RustySpanner

When you die, your hair and finger nails keep growing (apparently) so I guess we don’t stop growing when were alive.

Urban myth.
    Your body shrinks when you’re dead because you usually stop drinking water, so your existing hair just looks longer.

I’m sure this is correct, but I’ll just pop down the cellar and check.

aa
    Free Member

Ha.
    Fat I’m not as people on here who know me will testify.

Interesting about the arches! I didn’t know that.

Cake could be a theme for ssuk14, or the largest collection of krispy kreme donuts.

glupton1976
    Free Member

35″ waist with size 43 feet – you’re probably a bit chubby. 😀

I have size 46 feet and a 32″ waist – and until recently I was fat.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Your feet getting bigger is directly proportionate to your nob getting smaller. Fact.

somafunk

When you die, your hair and finger nails keep growing (apparently)

Nope, an ex was a pathologist and she debunked this theory by showing me her “project”, the surrounding tissue shrinks back exposing more Keratin which does not shrink thus giving the appearance of continual growth after death.

When i was 20 i wore a 42″ trainer
    Now i’m 40 i still do

When i was 20 i had a 32″ waist,
    Now i’m 40 i still do

When i was 20 i could ride 100 miles a day, every day and not feel like death
    Now i’m 40 the thought of riding 100 miles a day, every day makes me feel like death

When i was 20 i could fall off at speed and bounce back up with no injuries,
    Now i’m 40 i fall off and hit the ground with a sickening expulsion of air whilst squealing like a stuck pig thrown down a flight of stairs and i hobble to my feet flailing for any support whilst wondering how much this is gonna cost to put right at the osteopath.

Age sucks……….

allthegear
    Free Member

I seem to have lost two whole UK shoe sizes in last three years. Shouldn’t be possible according to doc but it’s definitely happened.

Rachel

rossatease
    Free Member

Rusty Spanner – Member
    Urban myth.

Had to photograph a grave once, loads of (ironically given the ginger thread)ginger hair growing out of it.

jon1973
    Free Member

Your ears continue to grow in to old age to compensate for the degradation in your hearing. This is why all old people have big ears.

RustySpanner

Had to photograph a grave once, loads of (ironically given the ginger thread)ginger hair growing out of it.

FFS, you can’t just leave it at that!
    Get on with it…..

Good start with ‘Had to’ btw.

jon1973 – Member

Your ears continue to grow in to old age to compensate for the degradation in your hearing. This is way all old people have big ears.
    So why does your scrotum keep growing too?
    Don’t think that affects your hearing.

jon1973
    Free Member

Pardon?

paladin

…….spare elbow skin for grafts for when you fall off your bike / zimmer / barstool

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

We have great capacity for spiritual growth.

Swelper
    Free Member

Not read all the postings. Just the title.

In my opinion we or the human form stop growing in statues. But mentally no

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Do we ever stop growing?’ is closed to new replies.