Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Do these exist yet? (warning: Conti tyres)
  • Kahurangi

My ideal tyre at the moment is probably going to be a

Conti Baron 26 x 2.3, UST, Black Chili.

it always seems that they’re “out later this year” or “in the spring” whatever year it is.

Can they be bought yet?

Yes, I know the standard tyre can probably be run tubeless just fine, but I want the UST ones as they inflate much easier and I won’t shred the sidewall so quickly, kthxbye.

rOcKeTdOg

26″? Doubt it

Kahurangi

🙁

banks
    Free Member

Have you seen the 2.4 Der Kaisers : ) may have to make do with them. Like you I’ve been waiting a while but no sign of these ust barons.

Kahurangi

Yeah, I keep finding myself looking more towards the ‘DH’ Der Baron et al instead of the more ‘trail’ Baron. Fork and frame clearance is going to be the limiting factor!

I wouldn’t be surprised if the present moment is the peak of 26″ tyre range and availability 🙁

Andyhilton
    Free Member

They are listed as ‘discontinued’ on the Madison site.

honourablegeorge

I’ve been waiting for them since last autumn – some of the German sites had listed them and were expecting them in stock. Conti never delivered though, and most sites have removed them now.

I spoke to Conti in May, they said the UST Baron will take another few months before it arrives in the UK, but I’m not holding my breath. I reckon a Magic Mary will be my front tyre for the winter.

Mister-P
    Free Member

They are listed as ‘discontinued’ on the Madison site.

I am just looking into that. They were supposed to be delivered mid September.

banks
    Free Member

Reckon the whole 26″ is dead is bollocks, maybe the ust baron just isn’t meant to be, I’ll stick with ust rubber queens for now.

Northwind

They have existed in the wild, though I think maybe only from Germany- mate of mine has a set which he got when he was over there but they’re the only ones I’ve ever seen, couldn’t find any myself.

I’ve done 2 standard chili Barons tubeless, they both sealed up eventually though it took a while before they were airtight. Fantastic mud tyres, but the sidewalls are pretty poor, frayed quickly.

Ironically despite the “650b LOL” comment up the page, there is no 650b trailbike mud tyre worth using yet- so much for ideal enduro bikes!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Do these exist yet? (warning: Conti tyres)’ is closed to new replies.