Do speed cameras work going the other way?

Home Forum Chat Forum Do speed cameras work going the other way?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Do speed cameras work going the other way?
  • Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

Gatsos no. Truvelos yes.

Premier Icon Mad Pierre
    Subscriber

Yes. There’s one on my commute that changes the way it points every few weeks to try to catch everyone out that knows its there. They wouldn’t bother if it didn’t?

trail_rat

the lines are painted on the road on both sides as its a cheap method of slowing traffic down 😉

Premier Icon funkrodent
    Subscriber

Gatsos no. Truvelos yes.

Great stuff. Which ones are the Truvelos, are they the taller ones with a smaller camera unit?

I’m assuming that they only work when they’ve got the speed lines painted on the road (regardless of direction of travel)

Cheers

baby

My car sounds like it’s in pain if I reverse at faster than 15mph so I’m yet to find out.

jekkyl

Cougar – Moderator
    Gatsos no. Truvelos yes.

how can you be so certain? or if anyone else knows, how do you know? we need facts goddam it *slams fist* not heresay please!

Premier Icon andytherocketeer
    Subscriber

In some countries, the speed cameras *only* work from the front heading towards them.

In Germany the speeding ticket has to have a photo containing the driver.

If you want to speed there – ride a motorbike.

Seen some very stealthy cameras turning up recently, but they’ll be RLJ (or maybe ANPR equivalent) cameras. Camera is in the pole.

grum

Gatsos couldn’t surely as they flash and that might blind people causing them to crash. According to that link Truvelos have an IR flash to get round that problem so they do work from straight ahead.

cheekyboy

Gatsos couldn’t surely as they flash and that might blind people causing them to crash. According to that link Truvelos have an IR flash to get round that problem so they do work from straight ahead.

Some older GATSO`s have been refitted with digital cameras and seperate flash IR units, the seperate unit is downstream of the main camera.

yes, my only points on my licence are from one on the opposite side of a road. Going through a village to chicksands, came around the corner before the village, and bosh. Wasn’t a gatso though and was one of those described above. I am pretty sure it was on the opposite side of the road too from memory.

ekul

iamroughrider – Its a sneaky jasper that one, nearly got my mate on the way to chicksands!

My mate (another one – well popular me) proved the point to me once by going 60 towards a camera in a 50 zone. Still has a clean licence. AFAIK the Truvelo ones do both sides though.

Premier Icon bails
    Subscriber

So….how fast was the OP going? 😈

jekkyl

Do gatso big yellow speed cameras work in if you’re travelling towards them?
    What’s the concensus? or do any forums members work in the industry and can answer definitively?
    many thanks.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Do speed cameras work going the other way?’ is closed to new replies.