Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Do R7000 105 rings fit R8000 ultegra cranks?
  • sockpuppet

Yes, one’s black and one’s dark grey. But I need new rings, want 50/34 rings and a 105 crankset costs less than new ultegra rings. Especially if I buy very short cranks (which I can if I don’t plan to use the crank arms).

And 50T rings are out of stock everywhere.

Can I buy 105 cranks and fit the rings to my ultegra cranks?

damascus
    Free Member

Why not just fit the new 105 cranks and sell your ultegra?

Depending how old your ultegra is, 105 might not be a lot different. Plus the new one comes with 2 year warranty.

I’m probably wrong but I seem to remember the crank arms are a similar weight and they weight saving was on the chainrings.

sockpuppet

Mostly because the ultegra ccranks match the rest of the group, and next time the rings are in stock I can get the next set, hopefully this stock shortage will not be endless!

Plus I can get the cranks cheapest in short lengths that I don’t want to ride!

I don’t mind the rings being a different colour til next time I wear them out, it I don’t really want the cranks to mismatch forever. I keep bikes a long time.

I just want to know if they fit.

spiffysmurf
    Free Member

One of the bolt arms nearest to the arm is a different shape and will not match up with the other chainring. May work but there will be a mismatch.

simondbarnes

Yes, they fit.

(well R8000 fit R7000 crank arm so presume it works the other way)

sockpuppet

Thanks chaps. Still undecided, but good to know

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Do R7000 105 rings fit R8000 ultegra cranks?’ is closed to new replies.