Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Do people give eBay feedback anymore!?
  • the-muffin-man

For the last eight items I’ve sold – nothing, no feedback at all. Even when I’ve gone out of my way to get something posted quickly.

Has the mindset of buyers changed to seeing it just as a big corporate shop now, not individual sellers as it used to be.

ads678

I do, I sometime forget for a while but I always go back at some point and do multiple feedbacks.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

I’ve not given any for ages. It’s nearly always worthless – loads of crappy AAAA++++++

wwaswas

I tend to for individuals, less so for shops.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

-:¦:-•:*'”*:•.-:¦:-•* Unbelievable Post…WOW!!! *•-:¦:-•:*””*:•-:¦:-

dooosuk
    Free Member

Once every 3 months or so if everything’s gone well I copy and paste the same feedback to all my sellers/buyers.

Rich_s

-:¦:-•:*'”*:•.-:¦:-•* Unbelievable Post…WOW!!! *•-:¦:-•:*””*:•-:¦:-

Made me lol

footflaps

I always do when buying.

As a seller, 90% of buyers leave feedback.

STATO
    Free Member

Nah, been on ages so cant be bothered now. Probably should.

stumpy01

This really does my head in.
    I always make a point whether buying or selling to leave feedback.

When I sell stuff I spend ages writing decent descriptions so there can be no ambiguity about what the buyer is getting, I take loads of pics & do my best to pack the item well & get it delivered quickly.

But, I reckon that I only get left feedback 50% of the time. I don’t sell stuff that often, so it really makes a difference to my score when people don’t leave feedback.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

On a kinda related note, of the 8/9 items I have sold on here, only one person let me know they received their stuff.

Simon

wwaswas – Member
    I tend to for individuals, less so for shops

This^^

Mister-P
    Free Member

Thanks for the reminder, I need to leave feedback for a tent I bought last week.

Northwind

I always do but usually pretty slowly.

Some **** took away my perfect-since-1999 feedback rating 😥 Didn’t know how to work the item, left negative feedback before even contacting me, we resolved the issue but he won’t withdraw the feedback and ebay aren’t interested. ****.

Chest_Rockwell
    Free Member

I do wish buyers would leave feedback as soon as they get their item. 🙄

It feels like they are holding back on it in case they want to have a moan about something several weeks down the line.

I always used to wait for a buyer to leave me feedback back in the days when sellers were allowed to leave buyers a negative, just in case I had to respond in kind. Those days are long gone and the eBay money back guarantee leaves sellers in a much weaker position should they encounter an awkward so and so.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

For the last eight items I’ve sold – nothing, no feedback at all. Even when I’ve gone out of my way to get something posted quickly.

I’ve found this too.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

I usually do within a week of receiving item. I hardly ever buy anything used and I rarely sell used items anywhere, surplus bits end up at charity stores with Gift Aid.

footflaps

I’ve selling a few bits of used (but VGC) climbing / camping gear on Ebay recently. Get quite good prices for it as well…

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Just looked at mine for the first time in ages. I seem to have been left feedback for all the things I’ve sold.

Feedback seems downgraded now – it’s not nearly as prominent in the user interface as it used to be.

DezB
    Free Member

Lazy bastards these ebay buyers! Sold a bike… no feedback, set of brakes, bargain price… no feedback. I always do, but then I’m not a MORON.

I take that back, bike buyer did leave it eventually. Maybe its because most people now use their phones for buying and the ebay app is a bit rubbish? or they’re too busy playing pokemoron or something.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Can’t be arsed but then I got moaned at when I did.
    Balls to the ebay version. When a transaction goes as it should that’s neutral. Nothing special about that, every transaction should be perfect. so I see no reason to praise it. Anything less than promised is negative and that includes postal delays. I expect that to be considered. Positive would be for the rare occasion when someone goes out of the way such as the time I bought two tyres but received 3 just because there was an extra found in the garage.

Speeder

mattsccm – Member
    Can’t be arsed but then I got moaned at when I did.
    Balls to the ebay version. When a transaction goes as it should that’s neutral. Nothing special about that, every transaction should be perfect. so I see no reason to praise it. Anything less than promised is negative and that includes postal delays. I expect that to be considered. Positive would be for the rare occasion when someone goes out of the way such as the time I bought two tyres but received 3 just because there was an extra found in the garage.

These aren’t shops and you’re not “a customer” you know, it’s a private sale between two individuals who do other stuff (except when it’s not obviously as per the ‘new’ eBay which wants to be Amazon). As expected is 5*, if you’re giving anything less you shouldn’t be using eBay.

carlosg
    Free Member

When selling I always leave feedback when I get paid , when buying I will wait until the seller can be bothered to leave it !

hambl90
    Free Member

I always used to, but after getting no feed back from sellers a few times I only give feed back if the seller does first. As I see it if your the buyer you’ve completed your part first by paying so the seller should leave you feed back but if they don’t I won’t leave any for them.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

When a transaction goes as it should that’s neutral. Nothing special about that, every transaction should be perfect. so I see no reason to praise it. Anything less than promised is negative and that includes postal delays. I expect that to be considered. Positive would be for the rare occasion when someone goes out of the way such as the time I bought two tyres but received 3 just because there was an extra found in the garage.

I’m with this. My feedback is at 100% with a lot of transactions. I’ve got one neutral in the last year from a guy who was an arse and insisted on returning something that was fine. I deserved some poor feedback for some stuff I was very slack about posting but didn’t get it.

DezB
    Free Member

When a transaction goes as it should that’s neutral.

Hmm, maybe in a shop. But you’d still say “thanks” (unless you’re ignorant (or American)).
    Ebay feedback was set up so you could tell if sellers/buyers were good or bad and that’s what the feedback forum is for. To make you’re own rules on it is just odd.

maccruiskeen

Ebay feedback was set up so you could tell if sellers/buyers were good or bad and that’s what the feedback forum is for.

Thats true – but the volume of transactions people make, certainly as buyers – is much much greater now than it used to be. Pretty much all users have got plenty of feedback so you’re not really interested in their good feedback as you know it will just be reams of copy and paste thank-yous, – even if theres was meaningful information amongst it who would spend time to go looking for it. You’re only interested in any bad feedback they might have and even then you’d need quite a few instances and a common theme for it to mean anything.

I’m quite likely to give prompt feedback to private sellers/buyers where the transaction itself is a big deal – its pricy or things like honest descriptions of condition and so on are key. I’ll get round to other feedback when I get round to it.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

i still leave feedback and as a seller make a point of leaving feedback on payment. its not like you can leave a buyer negative feedback anyway

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I don’t give feedback, or expect it when selling either, it’s not something I look at when deciding who to buy from.

ChrisL

Back when eBay felt more like an online jumble sale I always left feedback. In recent years it’s come to feel much more like any other online retailer (despite it not being that really). Even when I’m obviously dealing with individual sellers rather than stores it’s slick and corporate enough that it’s easy to forget to leave feedback. Sign in, buy item, click through PayPal and then I get progress messages from eBay rather than directly from the seller. Back when payment and delivery was arranged via actual emails between seller and buyer I found it easier to remember to leave feedback.

footflaps

Just got feedback for something I shipped Monday, which arrived today; so yes, people do still leave feedback……

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Do people give eBay feedback anymore!?’ is closed to new replies.