Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Do Nuun tablets stop you getting cramp? Or any others for that matter?
  • choppersquad
    Free Member

I’ve heard people say that as soon as they started using Nuun tablets, their episodes of cramp diminished.
    Has anyone had any similar luck with these or any other drink additive? I only get cramp on a long ride, but when it hits, it’s roll around on the floor in agony painful.

soma_rich
    Free Member

I will cramp on a long ride if I dont have electrolytes in my water, Nuun or High5 or any of them but the work 100% at reducing cramps almost stopped me getting them completely. I like Kona Kola flavour 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

given that most folk cramp cramp due to lack of conditioning then pushing the muscles too far rather than dehydration then nuun etc will do nowt – its not a magic fitness pill.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    njee20
    Free Member

Elete water works better for me for racing, which oddly is the only time I really ever get cramp.

soma_rich
    Free Member

given that most folk cramp cramp due to lack of conditioning then pushing the muscles too far rather than dehydration then nuun etc will do nowt – its not a magic fitness pill.

I’m probably out of condition but enjoy a ride much more when not cramping and Nuun definitely stops cramps.

offthebrakes
    Free Member

I find that they help delay cramp, but as trail_rat says, push too hard and it will get you sooner or later.

One benefit of the flavoured tabs is that they are a bit less tedious to drink than water, so I tend to stay better hydrated due to drinking more.

joolsburger
    Free Member

They help me for sure.

kilo

I used nuun in south africa on a hot three day race – cramped like a cramped thing – worst ‘ve ever had, won’t rely on them alone again

jonba
    Free Member

In my opinion, no they don’t. Here is an interesting article to read that goes slightly beyond anecdotal evidence.

http://cyclingtips.com.au/2011/06/nutrition-and-muscle-cramps-%E2%80%93-what-does-the-science-say/

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Do Nuun tablets stop you getting cramp? Or any others for that matter?’ is closed to new replies.