DO NOT USE!!!!!!!

Home Forum Chat Forum DO NOT USE!!!!!!!

Viewing 45 posts - 46 through 90 (of 93 total)
  • DO NOT USE!!!!!!!
  • Premier Icon ransos
    Subscriber

Any company that caused that much damage to the box and then just went through the motions of trying to deliver and then returned it ‘unsigned for’ without contacting the sender to say ‘errrrm, there’s been an accident’ deserves all the bad mouthing they get.

This. They knew full well they’d damaged it and made no attempt to do anything about it.

piemonster

In some respects, it’s as much how the issue is handled after the damage has been done. No company can completely eliminate idiots when they employ 70000 people.

What they do in the aftermath is the truer test.

Jamie

This is the thing. Has the OP contacted the companies concerned? Did he have insurance? What are they saying about it all. Seems strange to just wang the pics on the net first. Justifiable, as you would be pissed off, but like I said earlier, a bit premature.

duckman

That was a nice bike as well…

globalti

Unfortunately there’s very little choice; TNT, DHL and FEDEX are the giants and seem to have most of the courier industry carved up between them. There are dozens of agents who don’t have their own network but simply feed into one of the big players.

Having driven delivery vans and 3 tonners as a student I can tell you that most drivers don’t care a toss about the vehicle and they care even less about the cargo – they are under such pressure to get the drops done that their biggest worry is finding the address, parking, making a successful drop and then not finding they have to reverse out of a tight spot. Driving a 3 tonner was easily the most stressful and exhausting job I’ve ever done in my life.

Premier Icon andytherocketeer
    Subscriber

Wouldn’t call it premature. I call it prior warning.

Warning from what? What are the alternatives unless you’re going to drive it yourself or get the purchaser to pick up – that is the only way you’re going to guarantee no damage is caused. Its a risk, that’s what the insurance is there for. I’m sure the stats would probably show that things like this are very rare considering the millions of items shipped each day, and 99.9% of stuff gets delivered damage free. Everytime you see a BMW broken down on the side of the road you don’t see threads pop up telling people not to buy a BMW. They do break down occationally, but the overwhelming majority of them don’t.

Premier Icon kayak23
    Subscriber

I sold a drawing board like this.. Very well packaged for transit and the customer arranged his own courier through Parcel Monkey.

It arrived to the customer ok.

Ok, except for the fact that it was only the actual board part that arrived. The underframe, a huge, heavy metal cantilevered assembly had been ripped off and somehow seperated and lost from the board part. Utterly unbelieveable how they still tried to actually deliver a badly damaged half of the package.

I’m glad I hadn’t arranged it as the guy had a hell of a time getting any compo. I believe they did finally locate the underframe. Not sure what happened after that…
    😯

neninja

I now use APC Overnight for most packages like this. They are run by independent franchised operators who as a rule seem to be pretty good.

I tried to use Paisley Freight to ship a bike last year. TNT failed to collect 3 days in a row so I cancelled the collection, got a refund and rebooked with someone else (who after I booked with them turned out to be using TNT too).

Later that day TNT arrive and collect the bike. Another different TNT van then arrived an hour later. It turns out the Paisley had forgotten to cancel their pick up. The bike got delivered by TNT to the buyer, Paisley will have been charged for it. The other company got paid to do nothing in the end.

andywoods

used paisley freight once when son bought a bike, bike arrived perfect great service, was i lucky or op unlucky?

Jamie

So is the OP going to come back to this thread to let us know what PF/TNT are saying?

Premier Icon nickjb
    Subscriber

So is the OP going to come back to this thread

Unlikely.

CountZero

Seeing as how that’s a bike box, that bikes are delivered to retailers in all over the world, to say that the packing isn’t professional is a little disingenuous. That box looks like it was propped up somewhere, and a truck reversed into it with its loading bed lowered. To actually deliver, or attempt to deliver a package as badly damaged as that, expecting it to be accepted, and try to absolve themselves of any responsibility is breathtaking, utterly incompetent.

andyd2574

So an update –

Paisley Freight not answering phone or emails? The one clinical email I had first thing this morning said ‘we are really sorry for your situation but as per our T&C’s we wont be pursuing a claim’

TNT – wont speak to me as I am not the account holder EVEN THOUGH they promised me a call back today with an update on the situation!!

(I have the UK MD’s name via Linkedin so will be making contact directly!)

I totally get that things get ‘damaged in transit’ and by that I would expect say a gash to the packaging or even ‘slight’ damage to the goods………what I wouldn’t expect and cant accept is that the contents of this box has been crushed!!

This is absolute negligence as there has been absolutely no duty of care so thats why I am so p1ssed off……Im sure you can all appreciate!

The bike is essentially snapped and to snap a carbon fibre cyclo cross bike takes some force…….this has not just ‘been dropped’.

Watch this space as I will be pursuing this to the absolute end.

Jamie

Did you have the bike insured to the value of the bike? If so I can’t see how they can not pursue a claim?

Come on , play the game , lets see the bike and not just a crumpled box ?

Premier Icon Phil_H
    Subscriber

We used to call the regular TNT driver who delivered to my work “dropper”. I think I saw him use the tail lift on his truck once and only because we made him. Standard procedure was to throw the boxes out of the back of the lorry.

Jamie

Come on , play the game , lets see the bike and not just a crumpled box ?

I must admit, I am curious to see what the bike actually looks like. I am sure the OP will post a pic once he’s done copying and pasting his posts over several forums/threads.

oldgit

It’s odd, our TNT guys take a lot of pride in their job, you can really trust them.
    The only tip I’d give other that breaking down the bike as much as possible is to fill the box with packing so it’s almost can’t be crushed, then band it.
    What’s happened to the OPs bike is bang out of order, but there’s hardly any taping up and you can see there’s no reinforcing packaging or it’s been removed by looking at all the air space through the handles. It might as well have been shipped in a bin liner.

Premier Icon matt_outandabout
    Subscriber

Jamie – genius! 😆

Premier Icon wwaswas
    Subscriber

Not insured then.

It’s going to be an uphill battle getting the value of the bike back.

Premier Icon convert
    Subscriber

I hate the word ‘insured’ in this context – it makes the whole deal feel wrong for me. Me having to pay them to ‘insure’ my goods so that I have the right to ask the people I’m paying for compensation when they are negligent and fail to fulfil their part of the contract just sounds fooked up.

Is it not simply that you have not correctly given the value of the item when asking for a quote. If you have told them it’s only worth £30 and they base the delivery price on that well I guess that’s all you should expect in compensation. If they were aware of the value of the item when they took on the contract then that’s what you should receive when its totalled.

sc-xc

I read this thread with horror yesterday…after getting the heads up about Paisley Freight from this forum I booked them . to return my lad’s faulty BMX.

I shouldn’t have worried. Picked up as scheduled, delivered on time, no damage. Nice and cheap…

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

Oh, just as a wee addition, those aren’t forklift holes in the side, just looking at my specialized box (a Camber one as it happens) and it has identical shaped holes in pretty much the same places. Just how Specialized do their handles.

bencooper

I use TNT for a lot of my international stuff – generally very good. They did once lose a Rohloff wheel that was going to Australia, but paid out the compensation.

Then, three years later, a very dusty wheel box arrived – it hadn’t got any further than Milton Keynes 😉

I do wonder how much of it has to do with personal relationships – I know couriers are big companies, but I get on very well with my Fedex drivers and local depot, who are half of the delivery network – I’m sure that has to help. Something does, because I have very, very few problems – in fact I’m struggling to think of the last damaged or missing delivery.

gears_suck

Jamie – Member
    I must admit, I am curious to see what the bike actually looks like. I am sure the OP will post a pic once he’s done copying and pasting his posts over several forums/threads.

Don’t know what your problem with the op is. If it was your bike you’d be crying all over your keyboard. I’m sick of all this washy washy bull scheisse. If the op wants to report crap service and complete lack of care. He has every right to do so, whenever, wherever, however and as often as he likes. If you don’t like it…… Move along.

andyd2574

Thanks to above member for support. As you say flagging up a very frustrating and unfortunate situation but you always some people gloating and having a laugh.

Some sample pics of the bike damage –

Cracked seat stay

Twisted frame

p8ddy

Just my tuppenceworth – but regardless of insurance, don’t companies have a duty of care over goods?

I’d have thought that the damage to your bike would demonstrate they have acted negligently. Mistakes can, and do happen. To us all. However, the damage that the bike has suffered is both frontal, to the rear and it appears from the top. I think they would have an interesting time in small claims claims court trying to assert they didn’t behave in a careless and negligent manner WRT your goods.

If the company brush you off, I’d go down that route – all else aside, it will cost them a lot to defend a small claims court action. Certainly more than the claim is worth – which means you’ll either get an offer by return on giving them a court date, or they’ll cave in on the day.

I’ve done this a few times – and there is little as satisfying in life (barring Morphine, it’s definitely better).

oldgit

Christ almighty!

I can only think that it’s been shoved by a pallet on a forklift or ran over.

P8ddy, yes they have a duty of care but luckily for them TNT’s standard terms of carriage only cover you for about £30 per kilo on each shipment. You can pay enhanced liability which takes it to a out £100 but even then they still try to wriggle out of it. It’s the same with every courier company, they can do no wrong, if it goes tits up its either your fault or someone else’s.

(This is my experience at work anyway)

piemonster

if it goes tits up its either your fault or someone else’s.

I think it might be even worse in his case as he went through Paisley Freight. Does that not make home a customer of Paisley, and Paisley the customer of TNT?

Jamie

Any update on this?

Just for the record the day this story broke I had just arranged the shipment if a bike through Paisleyfreight. The bike should have been delivered on Monday by TNT and since the recipient hasn’t contacted me to report any damage I can only assume it arrived intact.

I think you’ll find that couriers have themselves pretty well covered against liability from damage caused during transit, such that unless you take out insurance you won’t be covered. Just like with car parks, you take the risk of using their service.

Jamie

Any update on this?

lightman

Update – TNT’s UK MD and UK Ops Director are working on it and have admitted FULL liability and responsibility and will be ‘making me an offer’ of compensation. Im waiting

Jamie

Update – TNT’s UK MD and UK Ops Director are working on it and have admitted FULL liability and responsibility and will be ‘making me an offer’ of compensation. Im waiting

Sauce?

piemonster

Didn’t the OP post this on a few forums? Might be updated ver whenever.

twoniner

Flippin eck, they made a mess of that. I’m not suprised that you’re not happy, I’d be bouncing too.

I hope you get a good outcome.

Jamie

I think you need to ketchup with the whole thread, Mosey.

Premier Icon bearnecessities
    Subscriber

I’ll say it.

That’s a nice bike room; unless OP lives in a studio flat.

Jamie

Didn’t the OP post this on a few forums?

None of the other threads have been updated, so was just wondering if he got sorted after his blaze of publicity? Unless his silence is the price TNT wanted to rectify things? In which case, 1-0 to social meeeja.

Might be updated ver whenever.

Erm?

Premier Icon bearnecessities
    Subscriber

Saying that, the radiator position is a bit leftfield, but effective.

MoseyMTB

Jamie you never heard of version whenever? It’s like the evo update.

andyd2574

Progress

TNT making significant compensation payment after admitting full liability and responsibility and have to say dealt with it efficiently.

Have to say after a slow start TNT really stepped up to resolve this matter.
    Actually a good example of customer care and listening to issues and resolving them.

Well done TNT on this occasion.

Viewing 45 posts - 46 through 90 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘DO NOT USE!!!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.