DO NOT USE!!!!!!!

Home Forum Chat Forum DO NOT USE!!!!!!!

Viewing 45 posts - 1 through 45 (of 93 total)
  • DO NOT USE!!!!!!!
  • That must have taken some doing. I’d be claiming off them for the damage. Yes they might only provide “insurance” upto a certain value, but they also have to provide an adequate level of service – which they have clearly failed to do here. If they are not willing to play ball, go down the small claims route.

Ugh. Hope you can claim from them…..

boxfish

😯 and, again 😯

Premier Icon garage-dweller
    Subscriber

Did they drive over it twice. Got slow motion run over by a car 4 weeks ago and it did less damage than that.

piemonster

Looks like a fork lift truck has had some indirect involvement there.

wrecker

Goodness gracious, They’ve actually put the forklift forks through the ****ing box!!!

seavers

WOW. That is bad. How the hell did they manage to do that?! I sent a bike with Paisley Freight a couple of years ago but had no problems thankfully. I later found out they were possibly the worst option for posting a bike.

wordnumb

Picture justifies exclamation mark abuse. Could they not have also set it on fire?

piemonster

I’d be hounding depot 019 like a mad man with that one. Scratches chin and guesses at Byfleet.

Are you a customer of Paisley Freight and they shipped using TNT?

dirtyrider

not sure the holes in the box are the problem, its the right to left crumple

shit will happen sometimes, everywhere, for your 1 damaged box they probably delivered 2003537647468474 without issue

same goes for every courier, you just lucked out

piemonster

It looks as though its been on the warehouse floor, or vehicle and shunted into something that didn’t want to move.

That would probably need an Fork Lift.

andyl

Looks like it’s been driven into.

Was just looking for courier negligence claims and found this story: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3252890&page=2

Might be worth seeing if it is possible to claim negligence due to the amount of damage. If they did it with a vehicle then surely you can insist they claim on their insurance as they hit your property.

Would be really helpful to find out how it got in that state as it’s exceptionally battered.

edit: didn’t notice the fork lift holes. Surely that is not accidental damage?

piemonster

At least they put some tape on it to make it better.

richpips

Bargain courier, so you paid the insurance of course?

😀

andyl

crikey, looking at their terms and conditions I wouldn’t touch them with a barge pole.

Premier Icon andytherocketeer
    Subscriber

Last parcel I saw like that was shipped Fedex from Utah to Europe.
    Containing Class 1.4S explosives, and labeled with the appropriate hazmat labels (shipped legally, authorised hazmat shipment).
    Arrived with gaping hole in the side and box looking like that up there, so receipt was rejected. Enquiries found that it ended up like that at the collection depot, and was transported in such a state with gaping hole, and loaded on to plane(s) in that state.
    It’s a box. They stack nicely. Playing rugby with a box like that for an hour wouldn’t make it in that kind of state.

andyd2574

BE WARNED – DO NOT use a company called Paisley Freight or TNT to transport bikes.

If you sell a bike and need to post it use an alternative…..please!!!

Just had my Ridley X-Fire returned to me as they described it as ‘damaged in transit’

Snapped carbon handlebars
    Smashed front left shifter
    Bent seat rails
    Snapped seat post
    Cracked drive side chain stay
    Broken derailleur hanger
    Snapped spokes in wheels

Bear in mind this was professionally boxed up.

Use someone else, just flagging it in case anyone else is looking to send a bike by post.

ali69er

I would use them again no worries, they shipped two bikes from UK to NZ, just badly packaged by the looks of it.

Also sent boxes of books and a suitcase. One swallow doesn’t make a summer

Premier Icon JoeG
    Subscriber

The only way that I can think of that something like that could have happened was if your parcel was in a truck which was in some sort of traffic accident. Otherwise, I’d say that the damage was almost certainly intentional! 👿

Is the shipping firm on twitter or facebook? Its becoming increasingly common for people to use those methods to raise the issue when phone calls and emails don’t work.

PeterPoddy

Hope you get that sorted dude!

NB
    The “holes” n the box are not from a forklift, they are the manual hand holes/handles that all bike boxes have in them

Christ!
    Do they deliver by trebuchet instead of a van? 😯

Jamie

edit: didn’t notice the fork lift holes. Surely that is not accidental damage?

The “holes” n the box are not from a forklift, they are the manual hand holes/handles that all bike boxes have in them

Jamie

[Post 15min edit]

OP.

Do you not think you should have given the company a chance to sort out your issues, before going on an internet wide negative PR campaign? You are totally right to be pissed off, but posting on every forum, before giving them the chance to do the right thing, seems a bit premature.

gordimhor

As glupton said small claims court is your friend

Premier Icon kayak23
    Subscriber

Was the parcel bound for Sheppey?

oldgit

Just to re address the balance (not for paisley)but for TNT. I’ve used them for over a decade without issue. They’ve even picked up bikes from customers with just a few Tescos bags covering the pointy bits.

Though that looks like it’s been sat crushed for a while. You’ve got a case there. That said, you say it was professionally packed, well those professionals need a punch in the face because that’s the most rubbish bit of taping up I’ve seen, just a few dabs of assorted tape. And it sounds like it might have been posted part assembled i.e with the post in, rear mech attached and not braced and protected. So whoever those pros are need a word as well for shipping your bike like that.

Good luck.

wolly

Why would you sign for it?

Premier Icon kayak23
    Subscriber

wolly – Member

Why would you sign for it?

It’s one he was selling. The buyer refused to sign for it and sent it back, or at least that’s what I understand from the OP.

Premier Icon bearnecessities
    Subscriber

I’ve used paisley/TNT about half a dozen times and never had a problem, just for slight balance.

However, I’d be miffed if that greeted me. I wouldn’t have thought you’d have a problem winning a claim though.

Premier Icon wwaswas
    Subscriber

Paisly Freight are just agents. All they do is take your money and book the parcel with a carrier.

TNT did all that by themselves.

It is shocking that this happened and that they still tried to deliver it afterwards.

I do hope that you had it adequately insured. Even if you didn’t I’d say you had a claim for negligence. I suspect you’ll have to go through Paisley freight rather than direct to TNT as PF are the TNT customer and not you.

Premier Icon nickjb
    Subscriber

You should have a claim against the professional that boxed it up too.

Jamie

It would probably have needed to be set in concrete to survive the hammering it took.

Why it’s hardly their fault if it got crushed .

Premier Icon wwaswas
    Subscriber

To put the OP’s case for posting;

Any company that caused that much damage to the box and then just went through the motions of trying to deliver and then returned it ‘unsigned for’ without contacting the sender to say ‘errrrm, there’s been an accident’ deserves all the bad mouthing they get.

It’s not liek the box was intact but the contents damaged – it’s patently clear that someone really hit that with a vehicle or other freight and knew they done it.

We don’t need the TNT side of the story, it’s not like they can claim they didn’t know or that the item was inappropriately packed as it just had half a bin liner around it.

We all use bike boxes to post bikes, it’s what they were designed for.

We shouldn’t have to build an angle iron frame around it so it’ll survive being thrown at the back of an HGV on the M6.

brakes

I’m no doctor, but I’d say that’s criminal damage.
    to the Batcave!

Premier Icon wwaswas
    Subscriber
    Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

V good Jamie 🙂

OP just lucked out – heard of loads of people using them.

Jamie

It has been brought to my attention, that the above pic might not be in the best possible taste. As there are 8 people with serious injuries still in hospital. Not sure where I stand on the issue myself, but if mods want to nuke the post, then have at it.

globalti

This is what TNT did to a bike I sold:

They also bent the fork dropout and did several other small bits of damage. Annoyingly the buyer’s wife signed for the package “in good condition” so at first they refused to do anything about it. I sent it through the company’s account so our transport manager stood by me and hauled the TNT rep in for a grilling. Initially they offered to repay the courier charge but we shamed them into paying compensation, which they offered at the RHA’s standard rate for un-insured consignments so to cut short a very very long story TNT ended up paying me about £195, which helped a little to mitigate the £400+ repair bill.

The bike was packed in a bike box and covered in massive FRAGILE notices as well as DO NOT LAY FLAT, DO NOT CRUSH and all the rest.

Tossers altogether.

piemonster

Any company that caused that much damage to the box and then just went through the motions of trying to deliver and then returned it ‘unsigned for’ without contacting the sender to say ‘errrrm, there’s been an accident’ deserves all the bad mouthing they get.

Right then, in this case:

**ity link, nowt needs saying
    Yodel, see above
    Tuffnells, the bug green piece of **** machine. Yeh well leave you moisture sensitive high value compressor filters outside in the heavy rain overnight.
    UPS, we’ve lost another one
    ACR, any **** recruited
    Bybox, any old delivery box will do. Even if its ****** up.
    FedEx, who send parcels between two Italian depots 12 times before finally acknowledging my complaint that’s its supposed to be in Singapore.
    TNT, tomorrow not today. And sorry, the TV we was delivering to your home in Essex accidentally got delivered to a private residence in The Gambia.
    Parcel Farce, we come to your house with a parcel. But we will just sneak up to the door with a sorry you was out card and run away without ringing the doorbell.
    DHL, **** head logistics. Worst outfits in the trade.
    Wallon, yeh just stroll on site. Pick a car you like and drive off with it.

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

I’ve never had an issue with any company just for balance.

That is shocking though in the OPs case that they driver or someone has ignored the condition of that box and gone ahead to try and deliver it.

piemonster

The handling hole are normally at the same height are they not? Like this?

image by piemonster, on Flickr

The hole that looks most like FLT damage is the single square ish hole on the right.

marcus7

Thems forklift holes not carry holes… as stated above!

Viewing 45 posts - 1 through 45 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘DO NOT USE!!!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.