Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Do MTB films and videos….
  • vondally
    Free Member

a) mean anything to you…as in connnect with your riding
    b) inspire you to ride
    c) just another film
    d0blinking pointless

unklehomered
    Free Member

depends a lot on the film – endless slow mos of whips to american punk rock soundtrack – uninspiring, done too many times, couldn’t give a toss.

People going to a new place and riding loads, actually trails and no just whipping all the damn time. I can watch. If I’m honest no film I’ve seen recently has beaten the good old days of Earthed.

There also the new [ish] type of biking film with arty shots and a drawling voice over about life the universe and everything. While some of the photography is good, I feel its taking itself too seriously.

wl
    Free Member

Mostly cheesy crap mythologising biking for the sake of sales to the gullible. IMO, obviously. Having said that, I’ve enjoyed certain bits of certain films – mostly just jaw-dropping freeride and DH action in ace locations. I find all that “riding is my life” “it brings us all together” and slo-mo close ups of chains as dull as dishwater.

racefaceec90

i think dirt is the epitome of what a mtb film should be like r.i.p jason mcroy 🙁

MSP

I still love the old earthed films as well. Other films have had their moments, but have too much talking unintelagible phylosophy of riding claptrap.

Reveal the path dropped through my letter box this week, massive disappointment, it’s all about the type of riding I inspire to, apart from its really all about being a new age American hippy patronising the world they don’t know with a few waisted bits of riding thrown in.

cheese@4p

Im now so jaded by them that I can only enjoy the most hardcore argentinian snuff deathbiking clips. It amazes me how much time, money and effort so many people expend for a few minutes exposure on You Tube.

coogan
    Free Member

A couple of ones I don’t mind, but on the whole I find them all pretty dull and boring. I’d rather be on the bike than watching someone else.

wl
    Free Member

Oh yeah, all the youtube stuff – mostly just WTF? Agree with cheese@4p above, with one or two exceptions.

Steve77
    Free Member

I really like them. How can you not like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsvo5kp-mj0

monkeychild
    Free Member

I like the NWD stuff and follow me was quite cool, but Life cycles sent me to sleep.

Cammer
    Free Member

Favourite films to watch are Virtuous and Vast, both by ionate films

Proper European mountain biking, nice scenary and generally decent music. Not much tail whips and jumps etc. They usually make me want to get out and ride.

flange
    Free Member

This

Martin Soderstream

…is still the only video I frequently go back and watch. No massive moves (ok, the DJ stuff is pretty big but its not a double flip whip hip) but its just a well made vid with a decent soundtrack.

I’ve got most of the recent crop of MTB films and with the exception of NWD10, they’ve all been a bit lame. Lifecycle bored me senseless, Follow me was ok but Strength in Numbers and From the Inside Out were poor (and short!). Anything by Clay Porter is normally pretty good but for the most part they do nothing for me

thepurist

Bike Pron is the best description of most of them – people with way more skills and more travel than me riding terrain that’s out of my league and trying lines I’d never imagine, and they’re not even padded up. Gets boring after a while tho.

el_bandido
    Free Member

Like others have said I think the Earthed films haven’t really been matched. The “normal riding” segments in the Clay Porter films are good, though all the interviews and the race sections usually get fast forwarded.

Not a fan of that generic Canadian “doing a whip in front of a mountain” stuff. Got to wonder how many people buy those films these days. You could just watch all the Chris Akrigg Vimeo videos in a row and see better riding, filmed better, with better music.

vondally
    Free Member

after watching several days worth of clips and vids, I have to say

roam still makes me smils and i enjoy it

chris askrig is tremendous

danny mc inredible and modest

race across america made me think

a couple of Ed Os made me smile the hats and one from basque mtb

this path one as said above paramonius drivel but nicely photographed

and the whole freeride stuff after a couple of minutes sorry not for me…..beyond me in all aspects

flange
    Free Member

This is awesome.

As is

this

jedi

i hardly ever watch mtb vids. bmx more so.
    i dont even watch my own video blogs 😀

scuttler

Jimbob’s home made vids are brill and great soundtrack choices too. Some matey, some solo, some backwards, some forwards, some thoughtful, some sweary, some just from a day out, some don’t even have bikes on. None with helicopters.

http://vimeo.com/user955261/videos

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Do MTB films and videos….’ is closed to new replies.