Viewing 29 posts - 81 through 109 (of 109 total)
  • Do men like athletic girls?
  • rmacattack
    Free Member

ennis and pendleton, nuff said.

hora
    Free Member

Mrshora is size 8.

I dont want a woman built like me. I want her mighty-fine.

Sorry if that offends the sturdy-built feminists.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Anyone noticed daveextremeistsdotcodotuks pic, that there woman is riding a bike with small wheels..

Fresh Goods Friday 697 - The Sprunnng! Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 697 - The Sprunn...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    crikey
    Free Member

Sorry if that offends the sturdy-built feminists

Hora places foot into mouth yet again… Feminism is unrelated to body shape and size, and is needed because of you.

Kryton57

Yup.

I may have watched this video of Jessica Ennis strutting about in tight lycra a few times 😀

[video]http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/18719849[/video]

King-ocelot
    Free Member

…Liz Hatch…

v8ninety

Sorry if that offends the sturdy-built feminists

Hora places foot into mouth yet again… Feminism is unrelated to body shape and size, and is needed because of you.

[pedant mode] He never suggested that they didn’t; he merely apologised to the sturdier amongst them if they were to be offended by his opinion…[/pedant mode]
    (which I don’t imagine any card carrying feminist would lose much sleep over…)

gregwaring
    Free Member

Well…

Frankly i’ve been head over heels with girls anywhere from distinctly non-athletic in appearance to very slim. If a girl’s fun to be around and has a sense of adventure then it’s probably a winner. I’d say it’s an advantage if they’re in reasonably good shape, but mainly because it means there’s active stuff you can do together rather than from an aesthetic perspective.

Lazy is not attractive but neither is obsessive, and that includes obsessive about fitness, physical appearance, big brother, weightlifting, whatever. Fun people are attractive!

brianh
    Free Member

big, fat and small – I like them all 😉

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

from Bright Eye’s own website, so presume it’s ok by her to appreciate the bike and componentery. Toned is good as well.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Well I do. Death-by Vick P’s powerful thighs? What a way to go!

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I tried on some cropped jeans the other week and couldn’t get the thigh bit of the jeans over my calves

If it helps this happens to dudes too, even in sensible jeans (I’m not laying any claims to being awesome here either)

I think it’s tailoring that’s at fault, and society, for all being the wrong shape.

I admire any girl who can commit to a sport, and a healthier body is a big plus 🙂

captainsideburns
    Free Member

I’ll edit the question to make more sense.

Do men like girls?
    YES

athgray
    Free Member

Anneke Beerten. She looks lovely.

deviant
    Free Member

Athletic/toned/muscular….but still resembles a woman….and has a pretty face?….beautiful.

Ivet Lalova – 100m sprinter

Victoria Pendleton – cyclist

Sabine Lisicki – Tennis

Athletic/toned/muscular….but has crossed the line to masculine….and has a 5 o’clock shadow….certainly not.

bigbloke
    Free Member

yes, some can really pull it off being very fit n toned plus feminine…

Tennis players
    XC riders
    Athletes , particularly sprinters etc etc
    as below yum…

CountZero

How about the ladies in the LFL?

TuckerUK
    Free Member

I like girls that look fit, but aren’t. Specifically, they have to be significantly less fit than my balding middle-aged beer-bellied self. That way, they think I’m awesomely athletic and virile and the best thing since sliced bread.

Trust me, it works. 😉

muckytee
    Free Member

Nice thighs like Victoria, yes.

Not keen on massive arms or shoulders though.

mmm Victoria Pendleton mmm…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

WunUndred 😀

john_drummer
    Free Member

the goalkeeper above? is she related to David Platt?

Kevevs
    Free Member

yes. Just like women like athletic men. And why not, We are genetically pre-programmed! Mind u, a thin athletic ugly with no brain presence is way down the scale below a good looking intelligent fatty. Cos I scale people like that 😀

solarpowered
    Free Member

Bloody hope so! Want to get there soon….. 🙂

loddrik
    Free Member

Athletic women are a definite turn off for me. It’s all about the curves!!

Kevevs
    Free Member

Humans love a visual aesthetic, fit, hot, sexy, better than, it’s all about being pre-programmed genetically to fancy someone that’s fresh and healthy and not about to die soon! (pervs at hot athletic women)

I think people generally go for their visual/mental equivalent though.

mboy
    Free Member

…Liz Hatch…

+1000

Trying to stop drooling right now thinking about her again, she is unreal!!! Hehe. She does have the very rare combo of being both curvy and very athletic at the same time. Most “curvy” women don’t then have muscle tone, and most “athletic” don’t have hips and tits. Liz has the whole bloody lot, and she poses naked regularly (or used to) for various magazines.

Well I do. Death-by Vick P’s powerful thighs? What a way to go!

I can think of far worse ways! Much as most men love the female form in all shapes and sizes, me in particular, if it came down to it Vicky P’s arse and legs would win me over every day.

What many people have said about the whole idea of them actually being passionate about a sport though, and staying in shape for it cos they enjoy it, is probably more than half the reason it’s sexy in my eyes though. Girls that just stay thin by not eating much and doing nothing pass me by… You can meet dozens of em in any town in the country on a Saturday night. No ta, not for me. Give me a girl who’s passionate about something any day (no matter what it is), but if she’s passionate about riding bikes then so much the better still!

That all said, lets not forget that looks are only skin deep, and the reasons for fancying an individual can and do go way beyond the superficial thank god. Certainly, whilst I know some people go for a certain “type” when it comes to looks, I can safely say that pretty much without exception, none of my ex’s or even girls I’ve dated have been that similar at all in physical stature or appearance.

I think people generally go for their visual/mental equivalent though.

Unless you’re me… I go for much better looking, and much more mental every time! Might explain a few things though… 😉

rezla
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMgmYutL9W0[/video]

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

No thank you!

Mmm. About 5 years ago walking through the centre of Sheffield, I saw Jessica Ennis having a photo shoot done, similar poses to this below. She has a stunning figure. Didnt think a 6 pack on a girl would work, but she was still curvey and looked stunning.

Sue_W
    Free Member

For me “athletic” is about what you do – ie being fit and physically active. It’s a shame if women are perceiving this as something to avoid, or see it as ‘not feminine’.

Lots of assumptions (both here and elsewhere) about what ‘body shape’ athletic women have, when in reality they are all different. Personally, I consider myself to have an athletic body, purely on the basis of doing a lot of cycling, mountaineering, and swimming. Yes, it’s given me muscles (especially in the legs), but I’m also a slightly built size 8 (ahem, Hora!), and definately have curves in some places 🙂

I like my body, it’s fit and healthy and most importantly let’s me do the things I love. The only downside is getting clothes to fit, but I’ve no intention of putting on extra pounds!

Viewing 29 posts - 81 through 109 (of 109 total)

The topic ‘Do men like athletic girls?’ is closed to new replies.