Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Do it all HT?
  • jayx2a
    Free Member

Apologies for yet another post but I’m looking for a circa £1200 do it all HT.

Bike is for the South Downs and always starts at the bottom so it might be a capable climber (for reference I’m quite happy with how my 2016 1×11 Trek Fuel climbs).

Also do a mixture of cross country and trails. No major downhill work, no major jumps/drops etc so focus is more on fun and speed.

I was looking at 2016 Crush Pro but not sure that falls under an all rounder?!

Also the Giant Fathom 1 2018 which seems quite XC focused but capable at Trails. Plus there is a Giant store nearby to try.

Thoughts? I would prefer to be able to try before I buy so that makes me wary of the Orange as no dealer local.

pnik

Ubyk in Brighton are an Orange dealer. I assume the giant shop is shoreham so not that far away. A lotof the demo kit tends to be focussed on the full suss >2k stuff in my experience, but i havent tried getting a demo on a hardtail for a few years. Quest in Worthing are worth a shout very helpful and a whyte ht might suit your requirements. They also do scott and cotic so may be able to organise something.

jonnyboi

Sounds like you need an XC hardtail rather than something slacker/more aggressive

joemmo
    Free Member

Also do a mixture of cross country and trails. No major downhill work, no major jumps/drops etc so focus is more on fun and speed.

That’s not really ‘it-all’ thats trail and xc so it sounds like you need a short / medium travel forked xc/trail bike of which there is much choice. Maybe a 29er?

CalamityJames
    Free Member

Orange Clockwork rather than a Crush for that kind of riding…

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

Bird have got £250 off the Zero TR currently, so the NX version is under budget? Would need to add a bit for a dropper though, and they’re probably not “local” local to you.

superstu
    Free Member

Why not any of the previous suggestions on your other threads (genuine question)? Zero TR would suit, pinnacle ramin/iroko, the Marin in your previous thread?

jayx2a
    Free Member

I wanted to generalise my needs in one thread rather than lots of random ones. I should have just bumped one of them I guess.

matt_outandabout

superstu +1

Make a decision!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Do it all HT?’ is closed to new replies.