Viewing 7 posts - 121 through 127 (of 127 total)
  • Do it all 29er hardtail…. if you had to…
  • cx_monkey

Top tube length is really important if you’re looking at that ilk of bike Gotama, as you’d presumably be hoping to use a shortish stem, but still have a decent ‘all-day’ type body position – Buzzard effective TT is really quite short per size.

wobbem
    Free Member

I kinda like it.

Gotama
    Free Member

Top tube length is really important if you’re looking at that ilk of bike Gotama, as you’d presumably be hoping to use a shortish stem, but still have a decent ‘all-day’ type body position – Buzzard effective TT is really quite short per size.

Not sure i agree there but depends on what the bike is to be used for and how much you compartmentalise your riding. My rides are typically 2-3 hours and whilst we pedal up relatively swiftly it is, at the risk of sounding all gnarcore, all about the down. The eff tt on the Buzzard may be short but presumably that’s because Sam has kept the seat angle quite steep whilst the stays are short. My yelli has a super slack seat post but i think i would prefer Sam’s approach as it will keep the front end down when riding up the steeper stuff, despite potentially cramping you up more. However, for me it’s the reach figure that’s all important on a bike of this ilk as when i’m having fun and using the bike for what i bought it for i’ll be stood up so effective tt is irrelevant.

mattjg
    Free Member

I kinda like it.

I don’t, but I’d like to try it.

Top tube length is really important if you’re looking at that ilk of bike Gotama, as you’d presumably be hoping to use a shortish stem, but still have a decent ‘all-day’ type body position

I can see being more stretched is good for racing, or an all-day in terms of a TDF stage, but why for a generic long ride?

The ultimate comfort bike for long rides would surely be a shopping bike – short with high bars. (I’m not proposing shopping bike fit for MTB, just questioning the wisdom that long is best).

EDIT on second thoughts don’t answer, too subjective & not what we’re here for!

rubberbellykelly
    Free Member

ive just done lands end to john o groats off road , on a rockhopper 29er. it stood up to the test , although its not the same bike it was before i started. haha

Cheezpleez

Eeeeeeeeew! That Zealous is yucky. May well ride nicely but me no likey

singlecrack
    Free Member

What Cheezpleez said ^^^^ that is gash …..I don’t like it one bit ..sorry

Viewing 7 posts - 121 through 127 (of 127 total)

The topic ‘Do it all 29er hardtail…. if you had to…’ is closed to new replies.