Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)
  • Do I want to work in Saudi Arabia?
  • birky
    Free Member

If your employer does business there they have already taken a view on the moral financial issue.

jimjam
    Free Member

binners – Member

If you want Molls I could pop round and pour all your beer and wind down the drain, then deliver a withering critique of your loose western values, probably deserving of a flogging, administer said flogging, and then invite all your neighbours round to watch me behead one of the local wrong’uns!

What do you reckon?

If you enjoy the experience, then get your flights booked and you’re off for your dream 2 weeks in the sun

You’re welcome….

Well I heard this goes on in parts of England too so…….

binners

You’ve been to Rochdale then?

Joe

Can’t be bothered to wade through all the shit on here from people who don’t really know what they are talking about and have never been. This forum really does attract a core quorum of smart arse idiots.

I work quite often in Saudi and find it very interesting. It’s quite a pleasant place in some ways, and quite different from Dubai/Abu Dhabi etc. There are some fascinating historical sites and if you get the chance to take a couple of days off for some site-seeing I would really recommend it.

There are obviously the social issues and problems with the regime, but I would take my chance if I’d never been before. Jeddah is much nicer than Riyadh, although sites like the Masmak Fort in the capital are also good.

footflaps

You’ve been to Rochdale then?

Syria was much nicer and possibly still is…..

binners

binners

There are obviously the social issues and problems with the regime

…this message was brought to you by our sponsors… The Saudi Department for Pure Islamic Morals and the Eternal Glorification of the Prophet (peace be upon him) and Death to all Transgressors and infidals…. also in association with the Department for Comically Laughable Understatement

funkmasterp

Can’t be bothered to wade through all the shit on here from people who don’t really know what they are talking about

Open any thread, I dare you. No, I double dare you!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

so what’s it going to be mol?

jimjam
    Free Member

Joe

Can’t be bothered to wade through all the shit on here from people who don’t really know what they are talking about and have never been. This forum really does attract a core quorum of smart arse idiots.

I work quite often in Saudi and find it very interesting.

Given your experience then perhaps you could educate all the smart arse idiots as to what is true and what are misconceptions about Saudi Arabia?

Is it true that the Saudi regime are responsible for spending hundreds of billions of dollars each year exporting Wahhabi ideologies that have given rise to groups like ISIS and Boko Haram? Senior British and American military figures believe this to be the case.

Is it true that the United Nations has said the country falls woefully short in terms of preventing slavery and sex slavery and that hundreds of thousands of foreign workers are kept as prisoners and worked to death?

Is it true that women are second class citizens there and can be extra-judicially murdered in public, in broad daylight while the police watch on little more than a husbands say so?

What rights do gay or trans people have in Saudi Arabia?

What rights do atheists have in Saudi Arabia?

Thanks in advance.

jam-bo

reminds me a a tv interview during the gulf war mk2.

two squaddies being interviewed by the BBC in Um Qasr. the then defence secretatary had just been on and compared um qasr to southampton.

when asked what they thought of this comparison, one looked at the other and said, well he’s clearly never been here.

other one follows up with, yeah, its more like portsmouth.

binners

rone

Does this mean we can’t visit any country that has/had any human rights violations at all now?

That would wipe half the globe off.

binners

I was only joking about them beheading people in Rochdale, you know?

Blackburn on the other hand….

jambalaya
    Free Member

@jam bo that is one of my all time favourite TV moments (living as I do in between Portsmouth and Southampton)

Trekster

If you don’t go will someone else?
    If yes then do you continue working for a company that supports something you do not?
    You say it is a “global company” Will you do work for that company elsewhere?

Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)

The topic ‘Do I want to work in Saudi Arabia?’ is closed to new replies.