Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Do I want a…
  • bassmandan

Pipedream Moxie or
    Bird Forge or
    Cotic Solarismax

or…?

I’m looking for something to replace my trek x-caliber. This is my ‘out with the family’ bike (Shotgun seat up front) but I do take it places my AM9 is overkill. I think I want something with 120/130mm travel but wonder if maybe it would be good to have the option to fit my 160mm lyriks for a bit more travel from time to time. Is there anything out there where this is feasible? I know things like the forge can handle 130-160mm forks but wondering if the geometry will always be compromised at one end of that range?

Looking frame only, biggest condition is that it must be very pretty. Any suggestions?

phil5556

The Cotic is prettiest. In that purple colour.

HTH 🙂

bassmandan

I do like that colour.. but I also love the straight line of the top tube into seat stays on the forge..

phil5556

It must depend on size as I looked here https://www.bikeradar.com/reviews/bikes/mountain-bikes/bird-forge-review/

and it doesn’t look straight but in another pic it does.

Also look here https://www.bird.bike/forge/

Also also… doesn’t look like they’re in stock in anything other than XL?

bassmandan

I’m not too fussed about availability, probably looking to get something later in the year.

Good point on the sizes, I hadn’t noticed that.

superstu
    Free Member

Also thought the solarismax was pretty adaptable so for flexibility I would choose that. Have seen some lightweight builds with new SIDs as well as some burlier builds around a longer fork.

ceept

Clark @ Laggan bike bothy had a rather lovely forge in a sort of oil slick colour, I think they call “Tuscan teal” when we were in last weekend

squirrelking
    Free Member

Well I wouldn’t be getting a Moxie, that’s Sirius specs you’re talking there.

reeksy

I’ve run the SolarisMax at 140mm/36mm with Fortus 30 and it was a heavy but solid beast, and with Fortus 26 and 120/32 where it becomes a comfortable mile muncher. It’s certainly adaptable, although 160mm is beyond recommended.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.