Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Do I really need roof rails on my next car?
  • lodious
    Free Member

I’m looking at a mondeo estate, but very few of them come with roof rails. I have roof rails at the moment, and I find them useful. How do people get on with putting bikes and roofbox on a car without the rails (i.e. using the thule footpacks to grip the side of car)?

coffeeking
    Free Member

Fitting roofracks isnt hard. Slightly harder than bars to rails. Your call.

The more important question is, do we all see red as red, or do some see red as blue but have always been told that its red…

JonBurns
    Free Member

I use a roofrack on my Mk2 Focus, the rack doesn’t use any footings and just bolts in under the door seal. I’ve noticed it’s scratched/rubbed the paintwork a little bit but I always try and do it carefully. I’ve put some thin foam on the area that bolts onto the car and also use some pipe lagging over that area on one side so I can put on by myself without totally b0**0Xing it up. Takes about 5-10mins.

I like the sound of roofrails though as I’m under the impression they seem easier, quicker and less likely hood to scratch your car. Is this a fair comment?

hora
    Free Member

Aesthetically the Mondeo looks better with them on IMO.

marcus
    Free Member

I bent the roof of my old mondeo which didnt have them. IMO – if you use the roof rack a lot they are essential.

glenh
    Free Member

I use a roofrack on my Mk2 Focus, the rack doesn’t use any footings and just bolts in under the door seal. I’ve noticed it’s scratched/rubbed the paintwork a little bit but I always try and do it carefully.

Why have you gone with that system when you car has 4 bolt holes under the little covers on the roof, specifically for fitting a rack?

owenfackrell
    Free Member

Aesthetically the Mondeo looks better with them on IMO

I think this about most estate cars as i think they look odd with out them.

hora
    Free Member

So its not just me who thinks that!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Do I really need roof rails on my next car?’ is closed to new replies.