• This topic has 136 replies, 61 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by timmys.
Viewing 17 posts - 121 through 137 (of 137 total)
  • Do I need to wear a suit for an interview?
  • funkmasterp

Congrats Kimbers. Now was it you or the suit that swung it? 😉

theotherjonv

well done Kimbers – where?

kimbers

Update
    Wore the suit for the second one too

Just cycled over in my shorts & t-shirt with suit carrier strapped on back , got changed in the disabled loos

Offered this job too, and they even upped the salary

So I’m definitely in the pro suit camp

Now it’s my brother in law’s wedding in 2 weeks, what is the hivemind thoughts on that…..

@theotherjohnv this is the Crick Institute (which was described at my interview as the DeathStar by John Lewis)

willard

Two offers? Awesome work!

Can you now get them to do a leadership race-style run off for who gets your skills, or is one more obviously where you want to work?

Kryton57

Congrats Kimbers, looks like it’s going well for you.

I now have a similar problem – I’m representing the company at a conference on Tuesday in London. It’s currently predicted to be 38 degrees…. 🥵

rOcKeTdOg

Two offers?
    Get both parties to decide with…

A Dance off a la umbrella academy

tjagain

Kryton
    Pale linen suit. Black t shirt. Panama hat. Loafers. You know it makes sense🙄🤣

kimbers

Are you getting the train in Kryton? I could see there beingplenty of issues!

neilnevill
    Free Member

Woo who! Go kimbers! Well done!

Personally I’d suit up for the wedding too, unless groom told me not to.

frankconway

Congratulations kimbers!
    Suit for the wedding – you know it makes sense!

squirrelking
    Free Member

Some right judgemental folk in here, there’s dressed smart and then there’s dressed stupid.

Khaki* chinos, so beloved of Silicon Valley and the Alt-right…

*pronounced to rhyme with tacky, the idiots.

I’m not Indian so I don’t necessarily pronounce things the same. See also chorizo and paella for Spanish, Munchen and Koln in German etc.

IdleJon

Suit for the wedding – you know it makes sense!

I’m wedding suit shopping tomorrow, apparently. Hooray, it’s only tropical out there and I’m spending £100s for a day that I don’t even want to go to. (No, it’s not my own wedding! 😀 )

But, no, you’re wrong, a suit doesn’t make sense because the bride is apparently wearing Converse, and my wife – a bridesmaid – has been told not to wear heels. So, if I wear a formal suit and everyone else is wearing Star Wars T-shirts, I’ll look like an old, sweaty businessman at a 70s cocktail party. I’m going to grow a huge moustache and wear just a waistcoat and boardshorts. Maybe a mohawk as well..

squirrelking
    Free Member

That sounds very much like a non-suited wedding. Or at least not a stiff business suit.

Kryton57

Pale linen suit. Black t shirt. Panama hat. Loafers. You know it makes sense🙄🤣

Ah Clarece… tft tft tft tft tft 🥓🫘🥩🥩

Are you getting the train in Kryton? I could see there beingplenty of issues!

Yep, 20 mins on a mainline to London Liv St, knowing Greater Anglia this is one of many excuses for them not to run on Tuesday.

theotherjonv

Ah, I wondered. Have they fixed their open plan problems – when we were designing layouts for the open plan offices in our ‘new’ building the designers were keen to say ‘but it won’t be like the Crick!!!’

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2017/nov/21/francis-crick-institutes-700m-building-too-noisy-to-concentrate

timmys

Have they fixed their open plan problems

Sort of. They gave everyone noise cancelling headphones :facepalm:

Viewing 17 posts - 121 through 137 (of 137 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.