Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Do I drive a high end prestigious sports car?
  • takisawa2

Busydog, no insurance usually means car gets taken away there & then, & in most cases they probably never bother claiming it back. Most Police cars have reg plate recognition linked to a national insurance database, so they usually spot them.

busydog
    Free Member

takasiwa2–they are supposed to do that here, but not too sure how much it is enforced. Our local & state police have that data in their computters in their vehicles, but I don’t think the insurance companies keep the authorities advised, once someone has insurance, even if they cancel it next month, not sure it is communicated to the authorities.
    You usually find out someone isn’t insured right after they hit you and have no insurance, or they take off down the street, never to be seen.

user-removed
    Free Member

Try living in the NE of England. Last car: Focus Estate worth £800, insurance was £600. I’m 39, 12+ years no claims bonus.

‘New’ car, 2002 Volvo S80D, 2.4L. Insurance £580.

Boo!

coffeeking
    Free Member

I just priced up a 350z and it comes in at 430 for me, which I think is pretty reasonable. I pay 550-600 for my Celica when it’s on the road, which considering it’s more powerful than the 350z, significantly modified and you can gain access to it with a plastic ruler I think isn’t too shabby, but it’s not worth that much financially (it’s a 21 year old toyota). My peugeot 306 diesel is about 380 a year, all the same terms and location. Makes me seriously consider buying something fancy 🙂

milky1980
    Free Member

Studenty area of Cardiff, 2 cars:

1.25 Fiesta ’55: £600

Lexus ISF ’62: £350!!

😯

PJM1974
    Free Member

Every time the economy catches a cold, the cost of insurance goes up and either “car crime” or “uninsured drivers” get the blame. The reason for this is that insurance companies invest in the stock market, just like everyone else and they often have losses to recoup.

I used to be with Sainsburys, but the cost of insurance on my 2 litre Alfa has risen incrementally over the past four years, right up until my latest renewal was over £500. I’ve thirteen years NCD, a clean record and live in a low crime area.

hora
    Free Member

Citroen C1:

M32 £550
    HD3 £350

totalshell

insurance claims companies/ shops. report the other week in a proper news paper said there is a direct link to the number of claims and the number of claims management shops in a town.

we walked down one rochdale street this week and counted 5 takeaways 3 restaurants 1 cash and carry three gold shops three money transfer shops a newsagent and 6 insurance claims shops.. no butchers bakers or candle stick makers

on another street there is the largest ‘car park’ of accident damaged vehicles you ve seen not badly damaged dings and dents and a nice fleet of brand new hire cars.. thats what your insurance pays for..

mightymule
    Free Member

Tescos refused to include cover for theft in my fully comp insurance, unless I had the car fitted with a tracking system because it was a “high end marque desirable to thieves”.

WTF?

It’s a 10 year old MG!

hora
    Free Member

Crash fraudsters causing premium increases?

Try this, most insurance companies are private equity owned.

Go figure.

sssimon
    Free Member

I didn’t have a car for 7 years and now have 3 years no claims, was expecting insurance to be 500 this year after £960, £700, £596 in the last 3 years, was a pleasant suprise when Endsleigh came up with £270 for a 330i touring fully comp.

shadowrider
    Free Member

I’m 40 yrs old 5 years no claims, Seat Leon Cupra, living in a Birmingham postcode hotspot, paying £1100, some companies wanted over £2500.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

sssimon – Member
    I didn’t have a car for 7 years and now have 3 years no claims, was expecting insurance to be 500 this year after £960, £700, £596 in the last 3 years, was a pleasant suprise when Endsleigh came up with £270 for a 330i touring fully comp.

Sssimon please drive your 330i down to the post office and post my chainring, or at least reply to my email as you are obviously posting on here.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Mazda, parts are expensive. Insurance cost has been driven by factors such as injury claims (encouraged by no win no fee lawyers)

Both our cars cost less including a “fast 2 seater sports car” – I’d shop around

aracer
    Free Member

Every time the economy catches a cold, the cost of insurance goes up

So how come mine seems to go down every year? Just to check I got a quote for my new car, £188, my renewal was £196. That’s for a 1.8tdci Mondeo estate, I am 42 with full (9 years?) NCB, and I do live somewhere very low risk. Though they do want £7 off me to cover the change for the next month and a bit.

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Do I drive a high end prestigious sports car?’ is closed to new replies.