Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Do Hope sell frames, or did I see a miserable team rider this morning?
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Up on t’moor (Harden) this morning riding along a track a guy comes towards us on a Hope 29’er hardtail.

Reasonably narrow bit of track so we move over tight to the side. Say How do, as you do. Just ignored us and went off the track in to the rough to get past.

Miserable fecker, and got the impression we were on his track.

Would expect that from a wannabe race whippet, but not some one who actually rides for Hope…

ska-49
    Free Member

Lots of team bikes get sold off.
    There’s also nothing stopping the fan boys from stickering something up.

pjt201
    Free Member

could just be a member of staff – they all get custom bikes iirc.

julians
    Free Member

All the hope staff get free bikes and they’re all stickered up with hope stickers.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’d imagine they’d actually be happy to speak/smile/nod/acknowledge though.
    I know I would.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Maybe he just had a look to see if he was KOM on a segment and still wasn’t.

Im always saying hello etc to fellow bikers and get a bit peeved if theres no response…but hey ho, some people are just boring ignorant ****.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Or maybe he was just having a bad day???

Jeez, cut folks some slack & stop being so judgemental..

ricky1
    Free Member

They do have a degree of ignorance,a hope rider fell of his bike at an enduro once,lots of people helped him and I even took his bike to the bottom of the line for him as he hurt his shoulder,didn’t even aknwoledge me or say thank you to anyone who offered help,might have been the same guy.

drofluf
    Free Member

Never really understood why I’m ‘supposed’ to talk to a complete strangest just because I’ve chosen the same mode of transport as them?

Or should I be flagging down the next car driver I see just to say hello?

ricky1
    Free Member

Yes flag it down,you will be surprised how good it feels to extend common decency towards others.

finbar
    Free Member

I was in a vicious mood on my ride around Hertfordshire yesterday. There was no nodding or smiling. We all have bad days.

ricky1
    Free Member

Yeh we all have them days.

themightymowgli
    Free Member

Um…. Isn’t using a forum such as this the same as talking to complete strangers with commen interests?
    Smile and the world smiles with you…….

drofluf
    Free Member

@themightymowgli Difference is we’ve chosen to use the forum to communicate with strangers.

@ricky1 for the record I do generally nod at passing cyclists, but don’t get upset if I don’t get a response, and try to respond back but sometimes my mind is elsewhere and I do neither.

End of the say its nice to get a response back but it shouldn’t be mandatory.

ratherbeintobago

End of the day its nice to get a response back but it shouldn’t be mandatory.

This

ricky1
    Free Member

Indeed drofluf,sometimes we are also in the “zone”,focus usually gets the better of us,I’m probably the same when I’m against the clock which I do once a month,however I do tend to shout thank you iff someone is forced to the side to let me past.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Do Hope sell frames, or did I see a miserable team rider this morning?’ is closed to new replies.