Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • do americans talk about the weather like the brits?
  • alpin
    Free Member

is it a suitable filler topic as it is with us?

Cooroo
    Free Member

Judging by American friends on Facebook, yes. Probably depends where you live though. If the weather is pretty predictable and unchanging for long periods, there’s not a lot of point.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

With our location on the edge of the continental shelf we have some of the most variable weather there is – making it a far more suitable topic for conversation :o)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    alpin
    Free Member

that i know, mr SFB. but do the septics use it as a filler in conversation?

MrGreedy

Canadians do, on the evidence of conversation about car insurance with someone in Nova Scotia earlier today.

Rivett
    Free Member

They don’t seem to. At least not where I work out here, but then it is in the desert. In fact whilst out cycling I get odd looks when I say “the weather has turned out nice” to other trail users.

samuri
    Free Member

From my experience they didn’t in Dallas where it’s fairly static, they did in Denver (where it gets very snowy) but only about the snow.

ebygomm
    Free Member

Was a fairly frequent topic of conversation when I lived in Missouri, generally around the humidity, the heat index, the tornado warning…

Nico
    Free Member

Rivett, I think your mistake is the use of irony.

antigee

Rivett made me laugh
    worked in the USA on and off and a lot of small (and big) talk is sport –
    basketball/baseball/football – read USA Today oh and hunting and fishing depending on the season and you are expected to know those

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Round LA it’s usually – me, me, me. me – LOOK AT ME!!

CountZero

If you live in the large flat area in the middle I would imagine it’s a fairly important topic, under the heading of ‘will the house still be here when we get back from the shopping trip/vacation/school run.’

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘do americans talk about the weather like the brits?’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts