Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • DMX gone too… RIP
  • Kryton57

joepud
    Free Member

Absolutely gutted true legend of rap music. The golden era of hip hop got me hooked and still here after like 20 odd years. Such a troubled life hope he gets peace now. So many amazing tunes that really captured an era of hip hop

Northwind

Damnit Joepud, his set from woodstock 99 was the first time I’d seen him… I was in it for the metal and he just smashed it. Very sad now.

benson75
    Free Member

RIP DMX

It will be interesting to see how this thread plays out compared to the Prince Phillip one seeing as DMX had numerous stints in prison for amongst other things:

Driving under influence
    Aggravated assault
    Tax evasion
    Animal cruelty
    Attempted carjacking

sillysilly
    Free Member

Probably best to understand his background before commenting:

RIP

DezB
    Free Member

I know which one I give a slight shit about
    RIP

midlifecrashes

Such a day of tragedy and loss.

Has anyone asked Ja Rule for his thoughts yet?

dirtyboy

DezB Ditto.

scuttler

ODB doing a Nicolas Witchell.

RIP mofo

b230ftw
    Free Member

It will be interesting to see how this thread plays out compared to the Prince Phillip one seeing as DMX had numerous stints in prison for amongst other things:

Driving under influence
    Aggravated assault
    Tax evasion
    Animal cruelty
    Attempted carjacking

Don’t forget to add failure to pay for the multiple children he fathered through multiple people. And multiple drug charges.

But that’s ok because he was “troubled” and sold a few records, and that of course absolves you of any blame for your actions. 🙄🙄

ElShalimo

I feel sorry for anyone prostituting themselves and ending up doing a film with Seagal

surely beasto-necrophilia is an easier option?

joepud
    Free Member

But that’s ok because he was “troubled” and sold a few records, and that of course absolves you of any blame for your actions. 🙄🙄

I would say his life was a lot more than “troubled” especially from a paternal perspective or lack of. You need to look at someones lived experiences to try and understand why they are like they are and how/why they react in situations, but thats a whole other topic.

Kryton57

We all have our demons and misdemeanours, it doesn’t mean someone won’t miss a contribution we’ve made when we pass, whether you’re Price Phil or DMX. If you choose not to celebrate DMX contribution why post here, just ignore and move on…

benson75
    Free Member

I was a fan of his work. I started my post with RIP. The next part of my post was to highlight the hypocrisy shown on STW as to which celebs get idolised and which get demonised after their death.

ElShalimo

To be fair there will be a lot of people who have no idea who he was.  There will be others like me who remember him but weren’t fans of his work. There will be some who really liked him.

Kryton57

I see it more as personal opinion than hypocrisy. Personally I don’t want to celebrate the death of an individual who was a 99yo man on the edge of his natural life more than another whose gone earlier than naturally expected where one has more meaning to me personally than the other.

Neither of the two individuals involved have a clean history, so what?

grum
    Free Member

I dunno about you but I don’t create a cost/benefit spreadsheet to work out whether people are worthy of posthumous respect or not.

I wasn’t really a fan of DMX but he’s much more culturally relevant to me than the other guy.

I don’t understand the fuss and I think the French had the right idea about royalty but I won’t be going into the other thread to go on about it.

jamesfts
    Free Member

Radio 1 should be playing back to back DMX albums.

Drac

50 is too young for anyone. RIP

Chances are if he’d lead a privilege life like a prince then rather an abused child forced to take drugs in his teenage life would have not been as troubled.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Hasn’t he got something like 15 kids? He wasn’t fibbing when he said he was “gonna give it to ya”.

ElShalimo

That was just prison chat

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘DMX gone too… RIP’ is closed to new replies.