Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • DMR Vault with V8 depth?
  • sam_underhill

Any idea if such a pedal exists? A combination of pivot locations and dropper insertion depth means that the Mrs’ new bike fits great if she uses V8s but the reach is a bit tight if she uses Vaults. She prefers the larger platform and pins on the Vault.

tomhoward

What?

porter_jamie

New v12 are different to the old ones, try them?

porter_jamie

Is it sad i know exactly what hes on about?

tomhoward

Care to assist those that haven’t a clue?

sam_underhill

Pedal to saddle reach is tight on the new bike. The depth of the pedal is critical.

V8 pedals are quite deep, but a smaller platform then the thin and large Vault pedals.

Ideally looking for something with the surface area of the Vault, but with the depth of the V8.

Getting the right bike and contact points on a bigger travel bike for a small person is difficult!

Stevet1
    Free Member

New V12’s are pretty slim.
    Try something like an old-skool Easton flatboy, great platform but not as slim as modern pedals.

longmover
    Free Member

I’m interpreting this as you want a big platform but with a reasonable thickness rather than the current trend of thin pedals?

sam_underhill

@longmover – correct.

nwmlarge
    Free Member

Shorter cranks?

sam_underhill

Already got the correct 165mm cranks for her ridiculously short legs. Just needs a couple of mm to extra to be perfect, hence using v8s at the moment.

Might even look at a slimmer saddle instead.

tmb467
    Free Member

old school burgtec Penthouse Flats (MK2)

ive got a pair knocking around somewhere if you’re near west yorks

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

As above, Mk2 Burgtec Penthouse.

jam-bo

thicker insoles…

ahwiles
    Free Member

shorter cranks?

sam_underhill – Member
    Already got the correct 165mm cranks for her ridiculously short legs.

165’s are still quite long for a small person, my 5foot wife uses 140’s.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Saddle with a lower stack height? Shimano saint is pretty thick I think.

What dropper is it? Might be possible to take 5 or 10mm out of the travel.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Cheap and industrial – Wellgo B54. As long as Vaults, though pin arrangement is perhaps narrower even if pedal isn’t, but big shin gouging pins like Vaults and are very grippy. Very chunky.

sam_underhill

Interesting point re: cranks. She’s 5’1″ so might be an idea to try some even shorter ones. It’s her calves that are the short part of her body, so perhaps don’t want to go too short on the crank, but worthy of consideration for sure.

I’ll take a look at those pedal options. Thanks.

Dropper is already a small amount of drop (but still a regular-ish length bottom part) so that it can fit in the small frame. The suspension pivots seem like they stay the same on all sizes so the small frames suffer a little in this regard. I guess the top bushing and actuation components of a dropper add to a fixed length in all posts so it seems like a disproportionately small amount of drop for the total length of post.

See…. I told you it’s hard fitting a longer travel bike to a small person!

chiefgrooveguru

I’m 10″ taller than her, and with long legs, and have 165mm cranks on my hardtail!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘DMR Vault with V8 depth?’ is closed to new replies.