• This topic has 13 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by colp.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • DMR Vault service
  • ajt123
    Free Member

Holla,

Am doing this for the first time myself – got the tools and have bought bearings and bushings – non DMR [that £25 service kit is a joke] – but….

The one thing I’m am not sure on is replacement internal rubber seals – I can see that one is a bit damaged – I think the bushing is slightly out.

Can anyone tell me please what I need / where to get them?

Cheers, Al

flyingmonkeycorps

Following cos I need to service my Vaults too. Where did you get the bearings / bushings from out of interest?

ajt123
    Free Member

https://www.onlinebearings.co.uk/DU-Series.html

Generic bearings, nothing special. See how I get on. The pair on there are pretty old and have been rebuilt at least once.

If I need to bin them, I will, and get cheaper disposable pedals – Welgos, or HTs.

colp

These are the best option for replacement bushings:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174750925765

ajt123
    Free Member

Any thoughts on the rubber seals?

flyingmonkeycorps

Ta very much 🙂

ampthill

Mine need new spindles. Actually the bearings were fine. But there is still play in the bushings even with new bushings

goby

I just bought some v ring seals from eBay.

colp
    goby

@colp

Yep thats the ones or it could have been the next size 13.5-15.5, just double check and measure the axle diameter where the seal sits. They seem to work ok.

asbrooks

@ampthill

Where did you get the replacement spindles from? My Vaults need a complete overhaul, however with new bushes, spindles, bearings and seals I may as well buy some V11s or if you look around Vaults are coming in around £74.

ampthill

@asbrooks mine need knew spindles but I haven’t bought any yet

goby
    colp

@ampthill

Do you have a micrometer?

Brand new Vault spindles are exactly 12.00mm at the bushing section (I just checked) worth checking yours.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘DMR Vault service’ is closed to new replies.