Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • DMR V12 servicing
  • Jakester
    Free Member

Does anyone have a service guide for the DMR v12? I was fairly sure it used to be on their website, but it ain’t any more…

DM52
    Free Member

undo cap, undo axle bolt, remove axle, clean and re grease, put back together.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

and forget about trying to remove the inboard bush – I couldn’t find anything to shift it 🙁

Jakester
    Free Member

DM52 – surely that’s for the V8’s? What about replacing the bearings (which is the bit what needs servicing in the first place!)

jackthedog
    Free Member

It suffices for V12s too.

5 minute job – strip, clean, lube, rebuild, ride. if you want to replace the bering you can, it’s easy enough to get off – well actually it falls out when you take the axle out.

It’s the inboard bush that kicks you square in the face and laughs you out of the stratosphere if you try to remove it.

DM52
    Free Member

as mentioned above, the cartridge bearing will half the time just fall out however I have never replaced the bearings on my v12’s since new (2004). Normally if the pedals a making a racket just a clean up and lots of grease sorts out the problem, the bearing itself seems to be very protected from the elements.

Keva
    Free Member

ahh… I’ve got a pair of V12s which are approaching about 4mm of play… will I be able to take up that amount of slack with a bit of grease ?

Kev

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

service guide for V12’s

1) throw in bin

2) buy service kit, aka V8’s

3) ride, and occasionly squirt grease through the hole.

Dug out my old burgtechs, cant wait to actualy try them out!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘DMR V12 servicing’ is closed to new replies.