Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • DMR V Twin Pedal Issue
  • oikeith

Running a pair of DMR V Twin pedals with some Shimano AM9 shoes. I am having issues with my right foot (lead foot) getting stuck during unclipping, my foot unclips from the SPD mech but then gets caught. This issue doenst happen with my left foot or on my old Shimano DX’s.

I have tried adding or removing spring tension, adding or removing pins and bumper plates but to no avail. I am not sure if maybe the cleat grove on the sole of the shoe is slightly too narrow and catching the SPD mechanisim, this is what it looks like when i recreate this when not wearing the shoe and flip the pedal.

Has anyone else had this issue and resolved it?

theraggyone
    Free Member

I have the same thing but its my left foot as thats the foot i unclip first. Im on my second set both have done it first set i warrantied as spring tension died on left foot as well…. ive now cut my losses and im now running shimano saint spds and they are perfect as expected with shimano. I did find that the dmr cleats caused a similer issue on them as well though but switching to shimano cleats cleared that up. Very disappionted with the dmrs

oikeith

I think I’ll cut my losses too and go back to my DX pedals and see what else is out there.

I did try a diff shimano shoe, the AM5 but it has the same issue, so odd that for both of us its an issue with only one side not both.

justaname
    Free Member

I had this for a while when I used the cleats that came with the pedals. Switched to Shimano cleats and it went away instantly.

theraggyone
    Free Member

I had it with shimano cleats and dmr cleats and two differant sets of shoes thats why i ended up swapping the pedals to saints. Dmrs cleats are garbage i tried them on shimano pedals too and same thing happened but shimano cleats work great.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘DMR V Twin Pedal Issue’ is closed to new replies.